Eden Hazard

the wes

Though he can still create from his possession I have no doubts he's been slow and dull lately. Hazard is not this athletic specimen, he's not built that way. I think we can learn from the slips of Messi that you have to take good care of these talent players. Playing every game is great for his confidence but there comes a point where you have to realize he is not a Ronaldo or a Lebron James (I know its basketball but there is a point to be had). His body isn't really extraordinary by any standard, the edge he gains in his game comes from his mind. This type of player needs to betaken care of and watched. When there are signs of fatigue ignoring them could lead to a catastrophe. You don't need the sports gene to become a world class footballer and that's cool but if you don't have the sports gene you need to accept your limitations.

If we win the title, it will be because of Hazard (mostly). However, the FA doesnt seem to think he is playing well enough! :doh:

Because Suarez is better than him and will win POTY no matter what he does or if we win the title or not.

Tbf we as chelsea supporters know his value, we also know that he's the best player in the epl.

And if we win the title Eden should get the poty award because in all fairness he's the biggest reason we have won it .

But knowing the fa,suarez will get that title even if we are the champions simply because he doesnt play for Chelsea and perhaps also because of his 20+ goals and 10+ assists witch is to me much less important than making your club champion

Or maybe because he is just a top 3 player in the world atm...equal league goal with Ronaldo despite playing like 6 games less.

Though he can still create from his possession I have no doubts he's been slow and dull lately. Hazard is not this athletic specimen, he's not built that way. I think we can learn from the slips of Messi that you have to take good care of these talent players. Playing every game is great for his confidence but there comes a point where you have to realize he is not a Ronaldo or a Lebron James (I know its basketball but there is a point to be had). His body isn't really extraordinary by any standard, the edge he gains in his game comes from his mind. This type of player needs to betaken care of and watched. When there are signs of fatigue ignoring them could lead to a catastrophe. You don't need the sports gene to become a world class footballer and that's cool but if you don't have the sports gene you need to accept your limitations.

If every player could become a Jose player every football team would be nearly impossible to beat.

Right 5usasu5e.jpg

Ps: Eden will own him soon enough. If not already.

It is just common sense? you don't have to have that glass on and think every Chelsea player is the best or top 10 in the world in their positions. Yh he is already owning him at dribbling and that is about it, the rest Suarez is just way better.

It is just common sense? you don't have to have that glass on and think every Chelsea player is the best or top 10 in the world in their positions. Yh he is already owning him at dribbling and that is about it, the rest Suarez is just way better.

well Suarez certainly has more BITE in his game

Well, i followed Suarez since his dutch period and Hazard since he was 16. Both years becore i became a blues fan. So yes, it is pretty much objective. I hope you do take into account form (Suarez is now shining- remember Eden in his last Lille year), peaks (Eden peaking is quite unplayable, even more than Suarez) and age (Suarez was nowhere near Edens level at this age, though now he has more consistency due to being older).

All in all: Eden all the way, no blue tainted glasses.

Well, i followed Suarez since his dutch period and Hazard since he was 16. Both years becore i became a blues fan. So yes, it is pretty much objective. I hope you do take into account form (Suarez is now shining- remember Eden in his last Lille year), peaks (Eden peaking is quite unplayable, even more than Suarez) and age (Suarez was nowhere near Edens level at this age, though now he has more consistency due to being older).

All in all: Eden all the way, no blue tainted glasses.

Ah right fair enough if we are talking about long term I can definitely see Eden become a better player than Suarez eventually but for now like you said, he is better and that is why he will win POTY this season no matter what happens. Yep I suppose put up a choice I would rather have Hazard for his age and ability instead of Suarez form atm but then again we don't know if Eden will ever reach that potential(I hope he will)

Tbf Suarez only became a good player since 2012, before that he was a decent player but always doing mental things, now he does it less(atm) so his reputation looks better and he is getting more praise. But I don't agree with you about Hazard being unplayable when on top form, on his very best which is like against Newcastle he is just as good as Suarez, not that extra level above yet for me.

Mourinho said he doesn't really coach Hazard, he let's him do what he wants; I wish he did some coaching as he really needs to improve his positioning off the ball.

He's often just jogging on behind when we're on a counter when he should be much closer to the box, it annoys me. Brilliant game by him nevertheless.

oh and shoot for fuck sake

Mourinho said he doesn't really coach Hazard, he let's him do what he wants; I wish he did some coaching as he really needs to improve his positioning off the ball.

He's often just jogging on behind when we're on a counter when he should be much closer to the box, it annoys me. Brilliant game by him nevertheless.

Silly criticisms really. Hazard has improved immensely with his positioning. You can't really blame him for jogging on a counter in the last 15 mins of a game! He was pretty tired, closing down Galatasaray a lot. Even still, he still managed to get into the box and provide a gorgeous assist to the hapless, clueless Torres.

Maybe you are expecting too much. He is already the best young player in the world and one of the best players in the world, period. Maybe you are expecting him to be Jesus or something, but please be realistic.

Silly criticisms really. Hazard has improved immensely with his positioning. You can't really blame him for jogging on a counter in the last 15 mins of a game! He was pretty tired, closing down Galatasaray a lot. Even still, he still managed to get into the box and provide a gorgeous assist to the hapless, clueless Torres.

Maybe you are expecting too much. He is already the best young player in the world and one of the best players in the world, period. Maybe you are expecting him to be Jesus or something, but please be realistic.

Lol, I'm not even criticizing really. It's an aspect of his game that can and should be improved. I'm not dismissing everything else he does, I'm saying with a little more coaching or work on that aspect he'd be more effective.

I have been shouting off rooftops. I have literally been saying in evry post match thread that EH17 needs to get more selfish. He should be shooting after having players go om their haunches rather than passing the ball to torres. (Who has now destroyed 2 of EH's brillaint moments).

I don't think his positioning in counters is bad generally. I feel today he was told to conserve his energy. He really dint take much part in the 2nd half counters and barely got out of the 2nd gear. I would say justified considerinf who we are playing on saturday.

We were winning 2-0 and not just winning but cruising. He just played the full 90 mins on saturday and he was happy to drop back and conserve his energy, but still managed to get into the box to give Torres a great assist. When he had the opportunity to shoot, Muslera saved it.

He was named the man of the match by UEFA. He has nothing else to give fans who want him to be their personal Jesus. As far as i'm concerned, he played an awesome game and was a class apart from everybody on the pitch. Maybe because Hazard is so good that people have unrealistic expectations. Can't ask for anything else from a player who just turned 23.

I don't think his positioning in counters is bad generally. I feel today he was told to conserve his energy. He really dint take much part in the 2nd half counters and barely got out of the 2nd gear. I would say justified considerinf who we are playing on saturday.

I hear you but I'm not talking about this game specifically, I know I'm nitpicking here but I want to see more urge sometimes from him moving forward, off the ball that is.

That run he did when he skipped past about 4 players and made the last defender sit on his ass, he really should've shot. Way too unselfish.

He gave a good pas after that so blame them for not taking the present.