Eden Hazard

the wes

'As we scored a goal in the first few minutes we were able to manage the game,' said Hazard.

'We managed to score just before the break as well and in the second half we could have still scored one or two more goals. But overall we ran the game very well and we definitely deserved the win.'

'As I said to him(Drogba) after the game finished, it was a pleasure to play against him. He is still one of the best strikers in the world. It is true that he is no longer young but that's how we young players learn - by meeting people like him.

'I have nothing but respect for what he has done and what he is still doing. I admire Didier for the player he is and the type of person he is.'

Progression in Europe means we continue to fight on two different fronts, with another huge Premier League clash just around the corner. For now, Hazard says, all the focus is on recovering and preparing for the visit of Arsenal on Saturday.

'The Champions League and the Premier League are both magnificent competitions,' considered Hazard. 'The Champions League is rare because you play less often but the Premier League is so important to us and we know how important it is for the fans too.

'The game against Arsenal comes at an important moment because it follows a league defeat. We will have a good rest and our great staff will help us recover. We are going to do our best in front of our own supporters is what is a big derby game. There is no better one to win.'

“It’s an aspiration for me because I watch a lot of games of Ronaldo and Messi, and I try to make the same,” said Hazard, who has 15 goals in all competitions this season.

“But I know I want to score more because sometimes I play well, like today, but I don’t score. To be the best player in the world, I have to score more.

It’s just in my head. I have to shoot more sometimes. I can make the pass, I can shoot and sometimes I make the pass, but I work on that.”

Well it's good that he knows it.

Link to the article it came from : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/chelsea-midfielder-eden-hazard-i-can-be-as-good-as-lionel-messi-or-cristiano-ronaldo-9203729.html

I don't really see the need. He has said that it is unlikely that he would leave in the summer.

However, I wouldn't mind him putting in more years in his contract :)

Would only go there once he has hit that proper level of consistency in his performances and that would probably be next season. Hazard is getting there already this season but wants to see him get to THAT level first before rewarding him this quick.

Would only go there once he has hit that proper level of consistency in his performances and that would probably be next season. Hazard is getting there already this season but wants to see him get to THAT level first before rewarding him this quick.

If "there" means Messi and Ronaldo, then no. But if it means Reus, Bale, Robben, Ribery then yes. His productivity is either equal or better than some of his other world-class counter parts playing in easier leagues for better teams. The fact that he's statistically the most creative player in Europe this season says a lot.

The thing is, his initial wage was maybe a little to high in the first place, but you have to pay top dollar for the Crème de la Crème.

If "there" means Messi and Ronaldo, then no. But if it means Reus, Bale, Robben, Ribery then yes. His productivity is either equal or better than some of his other world-class counter parts playing in easier leagues for better teams. The fact that he's statistically the most creative player in Europe this season says a lot.

The thing is, his initial wage was maybe a little to high in the first place, but you have to pay top dollar for the Crème de la Crème.

By 'there' I meant, only go down the route of rewarding him with a new contract once he is really consistent, am not comparing him with other players in my last post though some of the players mentioned there could be used as a benchmark in terms of Hazard reaching that proper level of consistency.

Yes, I know Hazard is a special talent and we need to pay big money to keep/have players like that but I would prefer not to reward him so quickly because he has only really started to perform for us this season. Make him really earn that new contract with his performances and consistently consistent.

By 'there' I meant, only go down the route of rewarding him with a new contract once he is really consistent, am not comparing him with other players in my last post though some of the players mentioned there could be used as a benchmark in terms of Hazard reaching that proper level of consistency.

Yes, I know Hazard is a special talent and we need to pay big money to keep/have players like that but I would prefer not to reward him so quickly because he has only really started to perform for us this season. Make him really earn that new contract with his performances and consistently consistent.

I hear you, but I think he's been pretty consistent this season personally. That's the main difference between this season and last season. He's elevated his game to become one of the top players in the world and we haven't had that since 2009/2010 Drogba. As for earning it, I don't believe footballers really earn any of the ridiculous wages they get. Regardless of how good they are. It's about keeping your most valuable asset happy. That's how its done nowadays at the really top clubs. United did the same with Rooney. Only god knows how many times he has had his contract renewed when he never earned it. It's a business afterall.

I hear you, but I think he's been pretty consistent this season personally. That's the main difference between this season and last season. He's elevated his game to become one of the top players in the world and we haven't had that since 2009/2010 Drogba. As for earning it, I don't believe footballers really earn any of the ridiculous wages they get. Regardless of how good they are. It's about keeping your most valuable asset happy. That's how its done nowadays at the really top clubs. United did the same with Rooney. Only god knows how many times he has had his contract renewed when he never earned it. It's a business afterall.

I know Hazard has been consistent this season and performing better than last season but just want him to hit that consistent level of consistency in his performances but attempting to reward him with a new contract.

This is about tying down a player who has world-class potential to a longer-term contract, and rewarding players who perform for the club in the right manner. I can't quite fathom how anyone would object to him receiving a pay increase if it keeps him here for a few more seasons whilst also sending out a message that he isn't for sale in the clearest terms.

I know and I agree with the notion but just do not want to send out the wrong message by rewarding a player a new contract THAT quick just after 1 season of good/great performances. It's just my way of thinking but would not complain if what was reported happens soon.