Eden Hazard

the wes

But just in three games the whizzkidd is already being compared with the likes of Gianfranco Zola,its amazing how one player can change the whole shape of the team,how one player can turn a "boring" team into an attacking,free flowing sexy football team!

@ is gonna have a field day lol

He isn't a diva type. It just that in the past at Lille there weer a few occasions where he let his play affects his mindset etc. It's more of question of learning that even when you aren't playing your best you can still give maximum effort.

Unfortunately, there aren't many who can take his place and that's not limited to Chelsea. About 5-6 months ago I suggested that on form he was a top 5 player in the world and I was chastized for that opinion.

The way you can tell that he's having a bad game is if he doesn't leave his mark/imprint on the game. He just has that "it" factor that the great players have. There's always anticipation when they get the ball that anything could happen. Not too many players in the world like that.

I didn't go as far as you, but I did say to a lot on this board that he would walk on as our best player straight away after having a friend give me every French League game of last season on a hard drive. I watched about 15 games and you can tell straight away how good he is. Like yourself I was chastised for my opinion and some thought it was ridiculous that you could call him better than Mata, and a few others on the team. He just dominates the game with his possession and movement.

Hazard and Oscar will be the two players that will keep me optimistic no matter what happens this season.

I can recall United's transition season's between 03-06, it was frustrating for the United fans seeing Arsenal and then us win league's without breaking sweat but the United fans and Fergie knew that they had two young gem's in Rooney and Ronaldo that will come good and win them titles in the not so distant future, we have that now with Hazard and Oscar.

Hazard and Oscar will be the two players that will keep me optimistic no matter what happens this season.

I can recall United's transition season's between 03-06, it was frustrating for the United fans seeing Arsenal and then us win league's without breaking sweat but the United fans and Fergie knew that they had two young gem's in Rooney and Ronaldo that will come good and win them titles in the not so distant future, we have that now with Hazard and Oscar.

Yes and our transition seems like it will be much faster :D

I get what you mean with the "it looks like he doesn't care and isn't trying" but he always looks like that. I think it's just his demeanor on the field. He looks indifferent but i don't think he really is. When he plays great people don't notice it but when he plays bad then automatically people will start to look at a player closer.

I actually love that about him. Everything he does seems so easy to him. Everything he does looks so effortless. Even when he runs at full speed with the ball it looks like he's just cruising. His turns(against wigan and against Reading) for example. Looks very simple but the level of awareness and ball control it takes to make those turns is insane.

Totally don't agree on the "going down easy". Given his size ? The guys like a mini tank. I think your underestimating his strenght. He's not a player you can just push over.

I think it can look like he's disinterested and that might be part of who he is but there have minor things here and there like the hamburger incident and the twitter transfer stuff that can lead a person to believe that he's prone to be a bit erratic in mood/behavior at time.

Don't get me wrong I'm nit picking.

That's the thing he's very well built and at times he's prone to go down a bit easier that he should given his study low to the ground frame. It's part of drawing calls but he definitely dresses it up on occasion.

Again, the guy is world class and I'm glad he's playing for Les Diables Rouges (no not Manure, but the Belgian NT) as it's been a while since the Belgian NT has been a side capable of getting into the WC and past the group stage. I'm waiting for the days when I can erase Wesley Sonck, Mbo and Emile Empenza, etc from my memory (although I thank them for their contributions) and get to see a new group of emerging Belgians who have the potential to be better than Pfaff, Clisters, Gerets, Scifo, Ceulmans, Van Der Elst, et al.

Think at CFC he will refrain from doing so automatically, cause he is not the single star player here, tehre are many who can take his place if he plays the diva

Yes and like I said earlier, He won't have to overdo things here like he had to sometimes at Lille.

The thing I like the most about his game is the quick exchanges of position and passes.

Here he will do it on a lot more regular basis than back at Lille where many other players were quite average if not poor on first touches and quick passes.

I remember a game at Montpellier in 2011 the year Lille won the title, many said he hadn't go a good game but he tried a lot and made many efforts but on countless occasions where he was in good position and in movement between the lines with a bit of space, the midfielders would not pass the ball to him quickly, their heads not up, taking too many touches to control the ball and watching what's going around and then pass backwards to a defender because the door closed.

That's not to say he hadn't poor games but I've always thought that the best part of his game was not used well at Lille as their midfield Mavuba and Balmont are quite poor in passing the ball quickly and lacks vision.

Yes and like I said earlier, He won't have to overdo things here like he had to sometimes at Lille.

The thing I like the most about his game is the quick exchanges of position and passes.

Here he will do it on a lot more regular basis than back at Lille where many other players were quite average if not poor on first touches and quick passes.

I remember a game at Montpellier in 2011 the year Lille won the title, many said he hadn't go a good game but he tried a lot and made many efforts but on countless occasions where he was in good position and in movement between the lines with a bit of space, the midfielders would not pass the ball to him quickly, their heads not up, taking too many touches to control the ball and watching what's going around and then pass backwards to a defender because the door closed.

That's not to say he hadn't poor games but I've always thought that the best part of his game was not used well at Lille as their midfield Mavuba and Balmont are quite poor in passing the ball quickly and lacks vision.

To be fair Eden did have decent talent around him in 2010 with Cabaye, Payet, Gervinho, and Sow. 2011 was a different story. Clearty Chelsea can win without Eden. The question how high in the table would Chelsea end up if Hazard wasn't there and Chelsea couldn't bring in a replacement near his caliber.

To be fair Eden did have decent talent around him in 2010 with Cabaye, Payet, Gervinho, and Sow. 2011 was a different story. Clearty Chelsea can win without Eden. The question how high in the table would Chelsea end up if Hazard wasn't there and Chelsea couldn't bring in a replacement near his caliber.

one hypothesis at a time , as yet we don't know how high we will finish with Hazard.

one hypothesis at a time , as yet we don't know how high we will finish with Hazard.

Of course, it's not just about him. I have some reservations about some of the defenders as well as the double pivot.

However, he brings a dynamism that I don't think any other player in the PL can bring, and the value of that is a greater ceiling re: potential or the potential to achieve something greater than is peceived to be possible on paper.

Key word is potential. As you said we'll have to see how this will manifest over the course of the season.

Of course, it's not just about him. I have some reservations about some of the defenders as well as the double pivot.

However, he brings a dynamism that I don't think any other player in the PL can bring, and the value of that is a greater ceiling re: potential or the potential to achieve something greater than is peceived to be possible on paper.

Key word is potential. As you said we'll have to see how this will manifest over the course of the season.

He is the most exciting signing we have made for a few years , But the last few windows have seen a massive change ,,,We have been buying massive potential , The age profile is correct.

I am much more confident of the future than I was two years ago. Hope RDM is able to achieve then we will really be on our way

He is the most exciting signing we have made for a few years , But the last few windows have seen a massive change ,,,We have been buying massive potential , The age profile is correct.

I am much more confident of the future than I was two years ago. Hope RDM is able to achieve then we will really be on our way

You should be excited as a long time Chelsea fan. You've acquired quite a bit of talent in the last two years. Some of it is ready now and some of it needs seasoning and development. It speaks to having plan of succession which is necessary in order to remain a viable contender for the big trophies.

There's still more than needs to be done, imo, but locking up a player who is coveted by everyone and who may end up as the best player in the PL is certainly a massive step in asserting dominance.

No. Nothing official whatsoever on it. Just a silly rumour started on Twitter. :doh:

After Mata and Cole getting overlooked for PFA team of the year last season and in 2010 respectively, genuinely would not surprise me if he doesn't get player of the month.