Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard-Mata-Hulk

Schürrle-Oscar-KDB

Marin------Moses

now that is some crazy depth. Amazing what quality even our second offense lineup would have. I doubt we sign both Hulk and Schürrle, would be too expensive, even though I'd rather have Hulk than Schürrle. Also mean that KDB will go on loan again or Marin will feature for the reserve team more often

Think the club are convinced Schurrle could be another Robben and will improve playing with better players. They do have similar playing styles after all...

Not sure what it means for Eden though.

This means Eden wont burn his legs off with all his running and involvement in every game...

Btw. I really think there are better options than shurrle

Schurrle is a step up on a player such as Moses or Kalou: he will be a brilliant addition as a squad player.

People need to realise we can't sign an Eden Hazard or a Juan Mata every fucking time. This is not Football Manager.

Today I'm reading that Schurrle's dad has said he'll be joining us for £14m. Probably just rubbish but that I would be happy with.

I'd be happy with that and I think it would do him the world of good because he's got a lot of shit on here, almost exclusively because people thought we would lose De Bruyne. That led to comparisons and people essentially looking for reasons not to sign Schurrle/lose KDB.

He had nothing to do with these negotiations and he wasn't the one asking for KDB to go the other way. He's just a very promising young man looking to challenge himself on the biggest stage and that's what we want at this club.

This is hilarious. One day the deal is as good as done and the next day it's not looking likely. :lol:

Fully expect it to happen though, KdB not going there on loan won't be a problem for Leverkusen as they're getting Son.

As some have mentioned, Schurrle is bought to add more depth to the squad. He can play anywhere behind the ST, though primarily on the LW.

But why do we need to buy a depth player, when we have other priorities and all the depth we need are already loaned?

I mean, if we indeed buy Cavani, Hulk, De Rossi and Mangala, we dont need anyone else. First of all, because they will be expensive enough. And second of all, because the players we may need to add depth, we already own them (Lukaku, KDB, Chalobah, Piazon, etc).

If we have Hazard, Mata, Hulk (or another RW), Moses and KDB, there really is no need for Schurrle. 5 players for 3 positions (and that is because I am leaving Oscar out) is more than we need. Hazard-Mata-Hulk is a monstruous combination, Moses can play in any of the wings, KDB can play in any of the attacking trio positions and Oscar is a world class #10. Also, If something extraordinary happens and someone gets a long ban or a long injury, we would still have Ramires, Lampard or Bertrand to cover it as a last case scenario...So tell me, where does Schurrle fit?

Schurrle would be a good sign if he was good enough to be first choice RW, but since he is not, it is much more logical to go for Hulk/Di Maria/Sanchez!

The price itself is not that bad, it is just that he is not good enough to play as a regular starter, so there is no need for this deal to go through (since he is not a major priority)...

And you forgot Benayoun... no seriously Marin wasn't a real option. We had only one sub and that was Moses, and he left us for AfCon, so if we get rid of Marin, having Hulk + KDB is more than enough

We had Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Moses and Marin for 3 positions this season too - 5 players for 3 positions

Our problem was never number, but quality!

Marin and Benayoun were always available, which shows that the number of options wasnt a problem. The thing, neither RDM nor Benitez used them because everybody knows they cant get the job done.

Getting rid of Marin and buying a top RW, plus recalling KDB is more than enough depth, there is absolutely no need to buy Schurrle (unless we are planing on selling KDB)...

Our problem was never number, but quality!

Getting rid of Marin and buying a top RW, plus recalling KDB is more than enough depth, there is absolutely no need to buy Schurrle (unless we are planing in selling KDB)...

I think the problem was exactly the opposite - it was quantity not quality.

Although I do agree that the addition of a top RW + KdB would be brilliant! :D