Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you know is that this time next year Schurrle is our new Hazard, having scored 10 goals and assisted another 10 or something(very unlikely haha) but certainly he won't be too bad. Now what will happen if Mata/Hazard got a serious injury early this season and rule out for 2-3 months? Schurrle could then impress Jose and keep his place in the team permanently and we would then all start to praise him. So give him a chance guys before bashinh/hating on him.

Moses, KDB, Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Marin for 3 positions, a lot of competition there

Think this just shows that Roman and the board have given control to Jose. Seemed like we were ready to send KDB on loan and bring in Schurrle but Mou walked in and told em to STFU and bring back the blonde sex-bomb (not to be confused with the blonde sex-bitch aka Torres).

Think this just shows that Roman and the board have given control to Jose. Seemed like we were ready to send KDB on loan and bring in Schurrle but Mou walked in and told em to STFU and bring back the blonde sex-bomb (not to be confused with the blonde sex-bitch aka Torres).

Some control, not full control.

Emanolo still doing a good job.

If reports are true that we got that kid from Serbia and send him to Benfica, then why fix that which ain't broken?

We now have - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Moses, Marin, Piazon & Kakuta all able to fill those wing/attacking roles. You can even put in Ramires as an option on the wing when we're desperate.

Kakuta will likely be sold/loaned out and Piazon probably loaned out, but I believe Marin will be given another season. So - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Moses, Marin, Ramires.

I no longer think that "His signing is for depth" can be a valid argument especially if it does end up being around that £20m figure.

You pay that figure for starters, not 1 depth option, especially when there's already depth.

I'm really curious to see how Marin would perform under Mourinho. He actually has a really good (and perhaps overly-eager) work rate and would compliment someone like De Bruyne out wide and Oscar in the middle I think.

We now have - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Moses, Marin, Piazon & Kakuta all able to fill those wing/attacking roles. You can even put in Ramires as an option on the wing when we're desperate.

Kakuta will likely be sold/loaned out and Piazon probably loaned out, but I believe Marin will be given another season. So - Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Moses, Marin, Ramires.

I no longer think that "His signing is for depth" can be a valid argument especially if it does end up being around that £20m figure.

You pay that figure for starters, not 1 depth option, especially when there's already depth.

I'm really curious to see how Marin would perform under Mourinho. He actually has a really good (and perhaps overly-eager) work rate and would compliment someone like De Bruyne out wide and Oscar in the middle I think.

I really don't think Marin is good enough. Piazon impressed me more in his very little time at Malaga than Marin did here. I'd reckon Marin gets loaned out or gets sold in a player exchange or something. I don't see a future for him here. Sure, he can play a carling cup game here and there but you're down 1 goal and Marin's on the bench, you ain't getting nothing worthwhile from him. His biggest asset is his dribbling but I don't think he has the confidence to hack it in the premier league. And whatever confidence he did have is probably shot to pieces now after the shocking first season.

RW - Hazard, KDB, Moses, Oscar, Ramires

CAM - Mata, Oscar, Hazard, KDB

LW - Hazard, Mata, KDB, Oscar, Moses

4-2-3-1:

1. KDB - Mata - Hazard

2. Ramires - Oscar - Moses

4-3-3

1. Mata - ST - Hazard

2. KDB - ST - Moses

Mou wants competition, Marin is no competition but Schurrle can be, so at a good price he'll be a good option for depth but that's assuming Oscar will be pushed back into midfield if we go with a 4-3-3, cause if not then we're probably fine depth-wise.

Schurlle will offers us miles more of definition and versatility than Marin, no offence but Marin was a really poor signing from us, I stated that to my mate back just before he signed. Average player and we need more than that, Schurlle is a really good player.

Can people also stop saying he's £20m when it's clearly been stated he's £17m (€20m)?

Well he's not. We haven't signed him so we don't know his fee. It's been £20m, £17m and £14m just this past week.

Well he's not. We haven't signed him so we don't know his fee. It's been £20m, £17m and £14m just this past week.

How are you so sure we'd even know the right fee if we did sign him? The latest fee that has been reported is €20m, not the £20m you said in one of your previous post. You're basically saying I've got no right to claim he'd cost £17m but just a couple of hours ago you said he's £20m. Again, double standards.

There will be some egg faces around if suddenly Mourinho is able to turn Marin into the player that most of us have in mind and the impact that we like him to make when we signed him.

There will be some egg faces around if suddenly Mourinho is able to turn Marin into the player that most of us have in mind and the impact that we like him to make when we signed him.

That's highly unlikely mate

That's highly unlikely mate

Hence why I said 'if' in there. Really, I don't see why someone like Jose can't get more out of Marin than what he has given here. It's not like he's finished or a washed up player like Torres.

I don't know what is more worrying, Marin's possible resurrection or the fact he is being talked about in the same thread as Schurlle.

Without wanting to turn this thread into a Marin one, I'm just not sure why most people seem to have this hatred feeling whenever they speak about Marin. He has by no means been good but has he done anything sinfully wrong?! The way people speak of him sometimes is like as though Marin just killed someone.