Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Full name André Schürrle Date of birth (1990-11-06) 6 November 1990 (age 21) Place of birth Ludwigshafen, Germany Height 1.84 m (6 ft 12 in) Playing position Forward, Winger

http://www.telegraph...e-Schurrle.html

Telegraph linking us to him. Hes a superb version of preter crouch(hard to imagine I know). Few inches shorter but has excellent technique, enough so he can even play as a winger. Young german international. I rate him. Would be great signing.

Here some video

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why we should sign him? He's LW as Marin is, but he can play as ST too, maybe that's why we want to sign him.

Otherwise he is top. top talent and I love that our club is searching in Germany too - that can only be good sign.

Eyeing Germans all of a sudden, maybe we're gonna get Joachim Lowe... Another very good attacking option and you can never go wrong with Germans.

I like him, but I'm worried he'll get injuries just cause he's so big and runs and changes directions so violently.

You think he may end up like Alexandre Pato? Pato is not so tall, but his pace is too much for his knees and hamstrings to handle.

Eyeing Germans all of a sudden, maybe we're gonna get Joachim Lowe... Another very good attacking option and you can never go wrong with Germans.

You can't go wrong with Germans. I like Lowe but he hasn't been involved with club football since 2004 and coaching at Euros limits the time he can spend with the club during preseason. Lowe does have 53.5% win record since 1996...

You can't go wrong with Germans. I like Lowe but he hasn't been involved with club football since 2004 and coaching at Euros limits the time he can spend with the club during preseason.

Joachim Low has a poor record at club management before he took over Germany.

You see how marin came out of nowhere and there is a distinct lack of transfer links in the press when usually we are being linked with an entirely new squad of players? I honestly don't think the hacks know jack Shit about who we are moving for or looking at. Look at hazard for instance, we know the club have scouted him nearly 100 times but the media rarely link us anymore instead he is going to manure today, Citeh yesterday spuds the day before. I honestly think we are keeping the cards very close to our chest re new signings. Don't remember even seeing this guy against us so can't comment but I love that youth is the blueprint by the looks of things.

You see how marin came out of nowhere and there is a distinct lack of transfer links in the press when usually we are being linked with an entirely new squad of players? I honestly don't think the hacks know jack Shit about who we are moving for or looking at. Look at hazard for instance, we know the club have scouted him nearly 100 times but the media rarely link us anymore instead he is going to manure today, Citeh yesterday spuds the day before. I honestly think we are keeping the cards very close to our chest re new signings. Don't remember even seeing this guy against us so can't comment but I love that youth is the blueprint by the looks of things.

I 100% agree with the part about keeping cards close to our chest. The closer they are they less chance of a hijack. Besides I like the surprise.

You think he may end up like Alexandre Pato? Pato is not so tall, but his pace is too much for his knees and hamstrings to handle.

Don't think he'll end up like Pato. Pato's long term career is all but over, he'll probably have to retire like Dean Ashton. You can't really do much about certain players, they are just injury-prone.

I 100% agree with the part about keeping cards close to our chest. The closer they are they less chance of a hijack. Besides I like the surprise.

plus with the surprise factor you don't have to sit glued to SSN waiting on chels to take a month to complete a deal that the world has known about since the start of the window

plus with the surprise factor you don't have to sit glued to SSN waiting on chels to take a month to complete a deal that the world has known about since the start of the window

I remember during the Junary transfer window of last year, I would wake up every morning before school and watch Eurosports News! I was estatic waking up and learning we had signed Torres.

Don't think he'll end up like Pato. Pato's long term career is all but over, he'll probably have to retire like Dean Ashton. You can't really do much about certain players, they are just injury-prone.

I'd give him another season before nailing the coffin of his career. If they can figure out a proper training schedule and how often he can play, he could play quite often a la Ledley King.

I have a mancrush on Pato so I'm biased. :blush: