Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal's style is fine, just they have mediocre performers, but as u can see its their style that won them 3rd place even in their worst-ever season.And its our current style that made us drop so many points and finish 6th.

There is no way he will be here if we end up doing an Arsenal and winning sod all for 7 years.Thats the thing they play good football dont get me wrong but other then a top 4 finish every year nothing else to show for it other then key players having enough and leaving. And no doubt to get us playing how he wants time will be needed and no one on the board seems to have any patience whats so ever. which could end being a problem if it comes down to it

Like every other Chelsea fan I have huge respect for Di Matteo and would be more than happy were he to be appointed Chelsea manager. That being said, if Abramovich believes he isn't up to the task of implementing beautiful football, winning the league or whatever else then I'd rather he get the man he desperately wants, his first choice, Pep Guardiola. There is no point in wasting anymore time and money on other managers if they are always all second choice to Guardiola in Roman's mind.

Tbf 2 games. Guardiola has done it for a number of years at Barcelona, won everything there is to win and done it in a style that took the world by storm, yes I am a Guardiola fan and yes I firmly believe that he is thr finest manager in the world. I for one would be honoured were Guardiola to choose our club.

For me, it's a simple math. If Guariola is the best manager out there he could simply won that match or won the La Liga but the fact is he is not. You can go on and on and talk about his masteful work and achievements but he couldn't achieve anything this season even not with the world best players at his disposal nor with his flassless, eye-catching!! football tactics and style of play! But on the other hand we had a manager who knows the club and the players inside out. he didn't had the time he didn't had the fancy tactics and didn't had the likes of Messi or iniesta etc. on the conterary he had a bunch of seemingly finished players but managed to get the best of them motivate them and reinstill the lost confinde into them and eventually get the most dreamt trophy everyone wants in those circumstances and still he is not the best for some!

I'm really conflicted on how I feel about this. I think Di Matteo should get the job, but I have huge doubts over what he can actually achieve.

Deep down I might favor Pep coming here, but I'm not sure about that either. Di Matteo and/or Guardiola could be huge flops.

There is no way he will be here if we end up doing an Arsenal and winning sod all for 7 years.Thats the thing they play good football dont get me wrong but other then a top 4 finish every year nothing else to show for it other then key players having enough and leaving. And no doubt to get us playing how he wants time will be needed and no one on the board seems to have any patience whats so ever. which could end being a problem if it comes down to it

They play good football but have mediocre players because they have no cash or are just unwilling to spend.We however have cash and can play good football with word class players which is =trophies.

I didn't realise people were so conflicted on the matter, I think both have their merits and we could argue till the cows come home, but ultimately It's Roman's choice and I think we know who he's going to choose, or be it, not choose, In Di Matteo

I'm really conflicted on how I feel about this. I think Di Matteo should get the job, but I have huge doubts over what he can actually achieve.

Deep down I might favor Pep coming here, but I'm not sure about that either. Di Matteo and/or Guardiola could be huge flops.

Agree with that. It's a risk going with either one really.

Its amazing how spoilt Chelsea fans have become. RDM has guided us to our first Champions League, was the arichetic of the biggest night in Chelsea's history and people still want him gone. Guardolia has done well at an amazing team, We don't have one of the best players of all time here, and we don't have Xavi and Inestia, so for people to think he'll come in here and we'll instantly turn into Barcelona is crazy.

People say that he is the manager Roman always wanted, funny, I thought Roman would have wanted the manager that guided him to the Champions League.

Not only should RDM be appointed, he should have been appointed by now. He is a Chelsea legend, and the players and fans love him. Why change that?

If RDM isn't appointed i'll lose all faith with the Chelsea board. I'd go as far and say it'll take some of the gloss of the Champions League win.

Do the right thing Roman.

For me, it's a simple math. If Guariola is the best manager out there he could simply won that match or won the La Liga but the fact is he is not. You can go on and on and talk about his masteful work and achievements but he couldn't achieve anything this season even not with the world best players at his disposal nor with his flassless, eye-catching!! football tactics and style of play! But on the other hand we had a manager who knows the club and the players inside out. he didn't had the time he didn't had the fancy tactics and didn't had the likes of Messi or iniesta etc. on the conterary he had a bunch of seemingly finished players but managed to get the best of them motivate them and reinstill the lost confinde into them and eventually get the most dreamt trophy everyone wants in those circumstances and still he is not the best for some!

I didnt realise that to be the best you have to win every single game. In this case Federer can't be the best tennis player ever on account of him not winning every single tournament he has ever entered. Tiger Woods can't be the greatest golf player ever for the same reason. Anderson Silva can't be the greatest MMA fighter ever because he lost a few fights. Can you see how that point is a bit ridiculous? Guardiola has won everything there is to win during his time as head coach of Barcelona. Oh and by the way, even with this being his least successful season as head coach he still won the Copa Del Rey and reached the semi final of the Champions League.

Im not trying to downgrade what Di Matteo did, it was remarkable and he delivered Chelsea's greatest ever season from the depths of despair. However the fact remains that a squad upheaval is underway with the old way of play going and a new attacking flair style imminent, yes I do think Guardiola is the best man to implement that and yes I do think that his success at Barcelona and the dar reaching effects his philosophies have left I the game (not least of all Spain dominating football) does make him the best candidate for, not just the Chelsea job, but any management position at any of the major clubs in Europe.

God knows what Roman wants...he's got the Champs League now so no doubt a case of hmmmmmm what next!

Lost faith with the Chelsea board yonks ago when they sacked Jose leading to the problems we have had since with the merry go round of Managers

Its amazing how spoilt Chelsea fans have become. RDM has guided us to our first Champions League, was the arichetic of the biggest night in Chelsea's history and people still want him gone. Guardolia has done well at an amazing team, We don't have one of the best players of all time here, and we don't have Xavi and Inestia, so for people to think he'll come in here and we'll instantly turn into Barcelona is crazy.

People say that he is the manager Roman always wanted, funny, I thought Roman would have wanted the manager that guided him to the Champions League.

Not only should RDM be appointed, he should have been appointed by now. He is a Chelsea legend, and the players and fans love him. Why change that?

If RDM isn't appointed i'll lose all faith with the Chelsea board. I'd go as far and say it'll take some of the gloss of the Champions League win.

Do the right thing Roman.

I don't think anyone believes he will instantly turn us into Barcelona but that the argument for him is that there is no better manager to implement the football that Abramovich wants than Guardiola. Also what if we hire Di Matteo or Capello and the start to waver, the figure of Guardiola looms large in Abramovich's mind, no matter what any manager at Cheksea does, to Roman, Pep could do it but do it even better. He is clearly Roman's ideal manager and has been for years.

I didnt realise that to be the best you have to win every single game. In this case Federer can't be the best tennis player ever on account of him not winning every single tournament he has ever entered. Tiger Woods can't be the greatest golf player ever for the same reason. Anderson Silva can't be the greatest MMA fighter ever because he lost a few fights. Can you see how that point is a bit ridiculous? Guardiola has won everything there is to win during his time as head coach of Barcelona. Oh and by the way, even with this being his least successful season as head coach he still won the Copa Del Rey and reached the semi final of the Champions League.

Im not trying to downgrade what Di Matteo did, it was remarkable and he delivered Chelsea's greatest ever season from the depths of despair. However the fact remains that a squad upheaval is underway with the old way of play going and a new attacking flair style imminent, yes I do think Guardiola is the best man to implement that and yes I do think that his success at Barcelona and the dar reaching effects his philosophies have left I the game (not least of all Spain dominating football) does make him the best candidate for, not just the Chelsea job, but any management position at any of the major clubs in Europe.

Anderson Silva won't be when Chael Sonnen knocks him the fuck out!

So in your post, you think it would be okay for any club in Europe to sack their manager and bring in Guardolia? And its funny how you don't mention in your post that he has no plan B. As RDM exposed to the world.

Also, you go on about how he won everything, He's had MAJOR help from referee's in the Champions League especially. In '09 against us which was a joke, and in '11 against Arsenal AND Real Madrid. He's had every priveledge he could get. He had the easiest job in football, and also, he was TERRIBLE in the transfer market. Look at Ibra, Sanchez (41 apperances, 15 goals for a team that was free scoring, also only 5 assists), Affealy or whoever you spell it and Fabregas.

I don't think anyone believes he will instantly turn us into Barcelona but that the argument for him is that there is no better manager to implement the football that Abramovich wants than Guardiola. Also what if we hire Di Matteo or Capello and the start to waver, the figure of Guardiola looms large in Abramovich's mind, no matter what any manager at Cheksea does, to Roman, Pep could do it but do it even better. He is clearly Roman's ideal manager and has been for years.

Stop saying Pep is Roman's ideal manager, because you don't have a clue who Roman's ideal manager is.

God knows what Roman wants...he's got the Champs League now so no doubt a case of hmmmmmm what next!

Lost faith with the Chelsea board yonks ago when they sacked Jose leading to the problems we have had since with the merry go round of Managers

Yup,don't whats going to happen when Pep decides to leave for a new adventure.Longevity my ass,even if this guy comes here,he'll leave in maybe max 4 years time.

Frank Rijkaard >>> Guardiola. If Guardiola had taken the reigns at Barcelona when Rijkaard did and Rijkaard never managed Barcelona, I highly doubt they'd be anywhere near where they have been these past few seasons.

Surely Rijkaard would like to swap the Saudi Arabian job for the Chelsea job.

Frank Rijkaard >>> Guardiola. If Guardiola had taken the reigns at Barcelona when Rijkaard did and Rijkaard never managed Barcelona, I highly doubt they'd be anywhere near where they have been these past few seasons.

I'd rather have Rafa fucking Benitez as manager then Rijkaard, and his antics in '05, he is a disgrace.

Anderson Silva won't be when Chael Sonnen knocks him the fuck out!

So in your post, you think it would be okay for any club in Europe to sack their manager and bring in Guardolia? And its funny how you don't mention in your post that he has no plan B. As RDM exposed to the world.

Also, you go on about how he won everything, He's had MAJOR help from referee's in the Champions League especially. In '09 against us which was a joke, and in '11 against Arsenal AND Real Madrid. He's had every priveledge he could get. He had the easiest job in football, and also, he was TERRIBLE in the transfer market. Look at Ibra, Sanchez (41 apperances, 15 goals for a team that was free scoring, also only 5 assists), Affealy or whoever you spell it and Fabregas.

Stop saying Pep is Roman's ideal manager, because you don't have a clue who Roman's ideal manager is.

Come on Shane, you know that wint happen, Silva is undoubtedly the pound for pound greatest MMA fighter ever.

No, if the club are content with their current regime then they won't sack their manager. However we don't have a manager and if Abramovich was completely happy with Di Matteo then he would be the manager already on a long term contract. Barcelona's style and philosophy was such that the "big man" option was never that important m, when they did have Ibrahimovic (a genuinely world class target man) he didn't have the impact expected. To say he didn't have a plan B us extremely harsh when you consider the amount of formations he employed during his time as head coach and his tinkering of roles and positions (Messi, Fabregas, Sanchez to name 3).

That's ridculous. You could name any side winning a major trophy and find a handful on contentious decisions. The easiest job in the world? I've wrote about how that is completely false before and I will get back to you in that in a separate comment.

At Chelsea, ability in the transfer market isn't that important. After all we have secured a deal for Hazard and are closing in on Hulk despite not having a manager, Torres too is another Roman signing. Also Sanchez has been fairly successful and has added something different to Barcelona. Ibrahimovic was the plan B that you wanted. Fabregas is only a season in and had a terrific first half of the season and Guardiola's deployment of him was creative. Ad delay was injured all season, nothing Pep can do about that, he is a very promising talent and he was bought at a cheap price.

He signed AVB, the closest thing you could get to Guardiola short of the man himself or raising Barcelona's coaches. He yearns for beautiful football and it's no secret that he wants the first team and youth teams to play in a Barcelona type way, I feel pretty safe saying the Guardiola is Abramovich's dream manager.

No.