Pep's Arrival

Pep's is good, but with the amount of top-class players he's had at his disposal and the Spanish league's duopolistic nature, plus, Mourinho didn't take the Madrid job until 2 years ago, it's no surprise to me that he's been a huge hit for the last 4 years. I personally much prefer Dortmund's Klopp, a real, proven talent in nurturing young players who's single-handedly turned a crappy side of then nameless players such as Kagawa, Sahin, Lewandowski etc. into one of the most domestically dominating team in Germany's football history in just 4 years. His pressing style of football is also much more interesting to watch than Barca's passing style. If Pep does come to the Bridge, I hope Roman will give him enough time to adjust himself to the Premier league, 2 or 3 years at the very least probably, otherwise it's more likely than not he'll end up being a big flop like AVB.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the UCL final, Roman was speaking to the players (through a translator) and he said something along the lines of 'Well done, but you didn't play well'. That should tell you all you need to know about Roman. He wants to play attacking football and common sense says he will go for Pep to achieve that.

Was it confirmed by credible sources that he said that? Or was it written by the same people with top secret inside sources who claimed that the players hated RDM more than AVB?

And you know this, how? I dont get why people rate him SO high...

HE IS NOT A FUCKING 5 YEAR OLD CHILD PLAYING FIFA!

If we can see that his tactics need to be adapted he sure as hell can as well! FFS.....

Rant over.

Was it confirmed by credible sources that he said that? Or was it written by the same people with top secret inside sources who claimed that the players hated RDM more than AVB?

From Raphael Honegstein. He's about as legit as you can get.

I like RDM, I do, but I don't think he had an awful lot to do with us winning what we did, I think it was more a case of him being a puppet for the "old guard" that's not to say he didn't pick the teams, because I'm sure he did, but I think he was being heavily influenced, at the end of the day a teams only as good as its players and I think RDM more or less gave them free reign and it worked.

Whereas Pep would be more of a Mourhinio (I'm not comparing the two, don't worry) In that he dedicates himself to the tactical preperation and prepares everyone 100% ontop of being a bloody good man manager, he's got a kind of air of authority and he's well and truly proved himself to the world so he wouldn't have the same issues as AVB who was pretty much laughed out of Stamford Bridge.

Guardiola is a fantastic manager.

But it's incredible how Chelsea are just not willing to give Di Matteo the chance he's earned. Pep is still a risk, regardless of his achievements with Barcelona. His flaw though, not giving up his philosophy (i.e. Barca v. Chelsea). We've seen what happened to AvB when he did this.

Robbie is a safer bet, he's proved that. Even if it doesn't go well, at least it's the respect and reward Robbie deserves!

He did say he wants a sabatical yes, he did say he's taking a year off yes, but he also said live to the world in a press conference if someone can "Seduce" him then he could be tempted to "train again" now I realise people may think I'm taking it out of context and he means get back to work next year, but he's already said he's getting back to work next year so why would he say it?

:ph34r:

Get WHS on it. He's a master seducer.

I don’t think anyone would argue against watching an attractive, successful side but history shows that getting that blend is extremely difficult and if it’s a choice between us winning or being everyone’s favourite second team and ending up with naff all, I’ll take the trophies.

I just think it’s unfair to assume that RDM won’t be able to give us that blend and that the team will always play like they did against Barca and Bayern. There’s no point in Guardiola coming in and asking the current crop to start playing like Barca, in the same way AVB came in and asked them to play like Porto, it just doesn’t work like that.

I don’t think anyone would argue against watching an attractive, successful side but history shows that getting that blend is extremely difficult and if it’s a choice between us winning or being everyone’s favourite second team and ending up with naff all, I’ll take the trophies.

I just think it’s unfair to assume that RDM won’t be able to give us that blend and that the team will always play like they did against Barca and Bayern. There’s no point in Guardiola coming in and asking the current crop to start playing like Barca, in the same way AVB came in and asked them to play like Porto, it just doesn’t work like that.

Agreed, people are letting 3 games cloud their opinions of Di Matteo and that's unfair.

HE IS NOT A FUCKING 5 YEAR OLD CHILD PLAYING FIFA!

If we can see that his tactics need to be adapted he sure as hell can as well! FFS.....

Rant over.

Then explain to me what the hell we need Pep for? What's so bad about Di Matteo?

Pep is the ultimate manager for the blue machine.

Roman wants to dominate the world with this team and do it in style.

And I don't see no other manager doing that then Pep...Mourinho is good, but too controversial.

RDM did great but did not showed no spark of creative football during his time with Chelsea.

However giving the tough situation in which RDM was, I think he did the smartest thing.

Which is what leave us with a conundrum? Do we hire Pep and forget about RDM?

Well I think Pep has giving us a great window. With his one year of we can easily wait for him and try to work it out with RDM for one more year.

After one year the club should have a better view of what's going on.

If RDM is truly capable of implementing a better style?

How is he doing with the new recruits? etc etc.

RDM did great but did not showed no spark of creative football during his time with Chelsea.

It's hard to play attacking football with Sturridge playing shit, and having to play Malouda/Kalou and Ramires on the wings. Oh and don't forget our midfielders that can't pass!

RDM simply didn't have a choice.

Pep is the ultimate manager for the blue machine.

Roman wants to dominate the world with this team and do it in style.

And I don't see no other manager doing that then Pep...Mourinho is good, but too controversial.

However giving the tough situation in which RDM was, I think he did the smartest thing.

Which is what leave us with a conundrum? Do we hire Pep and forget about RDM?

Well I think Pep has giving us a great window. With his one year of we can easily wait for him and try to work it out with RDM for one more year.

After one year the club should have a better view of what's going on.

If RDM is truly capable of implementing a better style?

How is he doing with the new recruits? etc etc.

You, sir, are delusional. Would you care to tell me what makes Pep so special? Tell me what makes u rate him higher than Mourihno? Or even Di Matteo?

Sure Pep did a good job at Barca, but for the love of god, look at the players he had at his disposal. Could any manager fail with them? And btw just remember they didnt win anything this season even with the players he had in barca. So again, what makes Pep so god damn special?

I for one would NEVER EVER want to see him in Chelsea. He wouldnt fit in as im SURE he wouldnt get along aswell with the players as other managers had, Di Matteo for instance.

But the key thing is that Di Matteo did EVERYTHING right and managed to win the title no1 ever could at chelsea, with not much at his dispoisal, no money to spend etc. And he took over at a critical time when we were basically SHIT.

So to all you Pep lovers, please explain to me wtf makes him so special?