Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very doubtful about that. The hypocrisy is still astonishing though.

it stems from the fact that chelsea cant make it work and also that it is quite boring for the "thrill-seekers". can't help it

No, I will do the complete opposite. This is the greatest manager in Barcelona's history, one of the best managers in the world (IMO he is the best) and somebody who revolutionised football. I will definitely be happily thanking Abramovich if he can get Guardiola to the club.

This is utter disrespect toward RDM! isn't it? RDM got us the CL cup beat the shit out of Barcelona when nobody thought we could do it with these players this year and you still think Guardiola is the best! and i wonder!!

I am not against Pep coming to Chelsea,the only thing that's concerning me is the way the club is dealing with RDM,the man who brought us unimaginable success in such short time.I want RDM to be given a chance and not have the constant threat of Pep replacing him at any slump in results.If Roman is willing to give the Barcelona Legend full control and time then why can't he provide the same backing to RDM,who in fact is an all round Chelsea Legend.Its not like Pep is going to die in the next few years,if he chooses to move to another club after his rumored 1 year rest then fine,there is always a chance of getting later.Age will not affect the ideas he has,in fact waiting for him a little longer say 5-10 years will only benefit us as he will have more experience.

If RDM can win 2 trophies in 3 months,imagine the success he can bring to us in say 2-3 years.He knows the system,he knows the players and he should be the man to take us forward.

it stems from the fact that chelsea cant make it work and also that it is quite boring for the "thrill-seekers". can't help it

Yet when the entertainment argument comes from the same people who are going mad over RdM winning us the CL in the way that it happened I can't help but wonder whether or not they realise how empty their arguments are.

I don´t think it will work quite as well as with Barcelona. If Pep comes, he should try something new, something like a blend of the Barcelona style and the physicality of recent Chelsea sides.

Given that he quit Barca to regain some sort of relaxation and to have a break from an intense postion, i don´t really see this happening, given the recent past of Chelsea´s way to go on with managers. I don´t think it will happen. Having said all that, I think a decesion is already been made as there no romours around who might get the job.

I personally like RDM and Eddie to stay, because they knew how to achieve something with the squad they´ve had and certainly know how to achieve something with the players that are added to the current squad.

The thing that worries about both Managers to be honest is what happens if and when it goes wrong.Arsenal play some pretty decent football..and yet win nothing and I dont want that to become us!Playing not so boring football but then struggling to reach the top 4 every season and loosing on mental scorelines.

And the players that are being brought as excited and glad we're getting them...whose signings are they?! I just hope that it doesnt turn into a Jose situation where if the players arent doing so well...they still have to be played.I duno just seems a bit hmmmmmmm mainly due to our recent sack them soon as they hit a blip stage we're in...

Obviously gana be behind him if he does come...but they need to start treating Managers the right way!Because if it does go wrong and we're on the hunt again.Gana end up being harder to find someone wiling to come

And agree the way theis situations been delt with is bad.Just seems from an outside point of view that RDM is left hanging not sure whats going on.May not be the case but just how it appears.And that you can win the CL and thats it gone..

The thing that worries about both Managers to be honest is what happens if and when it goes wrong.Arsenal play some pretty decent football..and yet win nothing and I dont want that to become us!Playing not so boring football but then struggling to reach the top 4 every season and loosing on mental scorelines.

And the players that are being brought as excited and glad we're getting them...whose signings are they?! I just hope that it doesnt turn into a Jose situation where if the players arent doing so well...they still have to be played.I duno just seems a bit hmmmmmmm mainly due to our recent sack them soon as they hit a blip stage we're in...

Obviously gana be behind him if he does come...but they need to start treating Managers the right way!Because if it does go wrong and we're on the hunt again.Gana end up being harder to find someone wiling to come

And agree the way theis situations been delt with is bad.Just seems from an outside point of view that RDM is left hanging not sure whats going on.May not be the case but just how it appears.And that you can win the CL and thats it gone..

Arsenal's style is fine, just they have mediocre performers, but as u can see its their style that won them 3rd place even in their worst-ever season.And its our current style that made us drop so many points and finish 6th.

Okay since there is a pattern of long posts,I am going to re post my thoughts again.

I am not against Pep coming to Chelsea,the only thing that's concerning me is the way the club is dealing with RDM,the man who brought us unimaginable success in such short time.I want RDM to be given a chance and not have the constant threat of Pep replacing him at any slump in results.If Roman is willing to give the Barcelona Legend full control and time then why can't he provide the same backing to RDM,who in fact is an all round Chelsea Legend.Its not like Pep is going to die in the next few years,if he chooses to move to another club after his rumored 1 year rest then fine,there is always a chance of getting later.Age will not affect the ideas he has,in fact waiting for him a little longer say 5-10 years will only benefit us as he will have more experience.

If RDM can win 2 trophies in 3 months,imagine the success he can bring to us in say 2-3 years.He knows the system,he knows the players and he should be the man to take us forward.

This is utter disrespect toward RDM! isn't it? RDM got us the CL cup beat the shit out of Barcelona when nobody thought we could do it with these players this year and you still think Guardiola is the best! and i wonder!!

Like every other Chelsea fan I have huge respect for Di Matteo and would be more than happy were he to be appointed Chelsea manager. That being said, if Abramovich believes he isn't up to the task of implementing beautiful football, winning the league or whatever else then I'd rather he get the man he desperately wants, his first choice, Pep Guardiola. There is no point in wasting anymore time and money on other managers if they are always all second choice to Guardiola in Roman's mind.

Tbf 2 games. Guardiola has done it for a number of years at Barcelona, won everything there is to win and done it in a style that took the world by storm, yes I am a Guardiola fan and yes I firmly believe that he is thr finest manager in the world. I for one would be honoured were Guardiola to choose our club.

Some of you are ridiculous. Pep unproven? No. Winning as much as he has and creating a team that well versed and trained is an achievement.

As far as RDM beating him in terms of tactics. Get off it. They created chance after chance, after chance. We were lucky to win, and we played the way we had to. It was an amazing win, but that's exactly what made it an amazing win. The fact we were pinned back the whole time and somehow managed to pull it off. If we played another 100 games with them, they'd more than likely win 99 of them going in with the same tactics.

Who do I want? The better manager, and that is clearly Pep. Some of you are acting as if RDM is getting a raw deal out of it, hardly. His face is out in the footballing world now. A lot of teams will be wanting to get a hold of him as coach. Both we, and RDM get what we wanted and deserve.

ROMAN DON'T WANT RDM'S SYSTEM don't you get it, its not JUST about trophies its about how we are going to winem.

I made a slight edit. Roman seems to want to win a certain way with some style and panache. The results are there and now he wants it to be pleasing to the eye. I think Pep is smart enough to figure out that he doesn't have the pieces at Chelsea to recreate Barca Part 2. Maybe that in itself is a challenge to Pep to see what he can do with a different, top level club. While some may not like the Barca tiki-taka or theatrics, I personally don't doubt Pep's ability.

Another thing is he'll have the respect of the English media which is an animal unto itself. He'll have the respect which AVB never did. That said, Robbie seems to be well liked by the media but we all know it's not the media's decision, it's Roman's.

Conclusion - it's up to Roman and Pep. Does Pep want to take more time off or does he want to step back into the fray? Never a dull moment at Chelsea.

For those who say Rdm isn't attacking basing it on those two games., his whole record i'm pretty sure was:

21 games, 42 goals. So he knows how to attack

We're trying to bring through youth?

Rdm actually gave Lukaku a chance, played sam and played Bertrand in a CL final

Getting the best out of players?

Look at how much better the likes of Mikel and Torres started performing. Just imagine what RDM could do with Hazard

Pep is a brilliant coach too and we'd be lucky to have either of them in charge

For those who say Rdm isn't attacking basing it on those two games., his whole record i'm pretty sure was:

21 games, 42 goals. So he knows how to attack

We're trying to bring through youth?

Rdm actually gave Lukaku a chance, played sam and played Bertrand in a CL final

Getting the best out of players?

Look at how much better the likes of Mikel and Torres started performing. Just imagine what RDM could do with Hazard

Pep is a brilliant coach too and we'd be lucky to have either of them in charge

Ye I agree man, having to choose between RDM and Guardiola is a headache almost any team in the world would be glad to have.Chelsea future is looking bright anyway but I just think with Pep it will be even more brighter.