Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He plays him as an inside forward. Villa gets the ball and cuts inside to get a sight at goal, He also gets played in by the man in the centre (Messi).

Similar to the way Porto use Hulk.

Still a different position to what he's used to playing for Spain, and Valencia.

And he wasn't particularly great playing there.

Yeah, but does that really matter? Villa in place of Sanchez. You know who has a better chance of scoring.

True..

As if your previous posts weren't enough to establish you as the poorest arguer the forum has seen this year..

And it's subsequently makes you the smartest argue detector the forum has seen in it's entire lifetime!

And thanks for your informative spam BTW!

Already 22 pages?

Yeah, but a lot of talk about Spyda Silva vs Sonnen. I know you have a take on this, since you are Brazilian. I think this graphic perfectly will explain to Shane what happened:

AuLNzvQCAAE0o3I.jpg

Henrique notice that Sonnen has the Palmeiras jersey on :P remember he likes Palmeiras cause Da Spyda likes Corinthians :D

Yeah, but a lot of talk about Spyda Silva vs Sonnen. I know you have a take on this, since you are Brazilian. I think this graphic perfectly will explain to Shane what happened:

AuLNzvQCAAE0o3I.jpg

Henrique notice that Sonnen has the Palmeiras jersey on :P remember he likes Palmeiras cause Da Spyda likes Corinthians :D

Gangster from West Linn Oregon against a knock off of the karate kid!

Doesn't that depend on the quality of the bus as well? Not to mention that not every team is adept at parking the bus. Even parking a bus is an art in itself. A beastly, ugly, gritty art, but an art nonetheless. :eyebrows:

That said, my memory is rather short and I can only recall the biggest, latest four occasions where he faced the tactic and lost them all (well he won against Inter once..didn't matter too much as it turned out). So how does he negate the tactic in the occasions that he won against it? (sorry I don't really watch La Liga) And more importantly - is he able beat Mou's A380 yet?

Aside from being the manager of our European archnemesis of the past few years, I don't really have anything against him. Just thought he's a bit unproven still, which put him on the same page as Bobby in my book. But that's just me.

Im not saying parking the bus isn't an art, of course good defending should be appreciating and defending is every bit as much a part of the game as attacking.

Barcelona come up against it very often, teams with 9, sometimes even 10 men behind the ball, both domestically and in Europe, for the most part they succeed in breaking it down. His record against Mourinho's Madrid is excellent.

Jason, stop with this shite that, if you don't appreciate Barca, you know nothing about football. I hate watching them. Its boring. Its like handball.

Im not saying you have to like them but there is no escaping what Guardiola brought to Barcelona and football and, in that respect, you absolutely must acknowledge them.

Dude!, i'm just wondering!! When you are considering, RA should give the job to Guardiola. "He is the best out there" and etc despite the fact that RDM just won us the CL this called RULING OUT! Just imagening such think is disrespect and RULING OUT as well!! You necessarily don't need to say literally "I'm ruling out" you just ruled him out.

Do you ever consider supporting Barcelona?

For the job that Abramovich wants done I do think Guardiola is the absolute best around to implement it, that isn't ruling anyone out. Were Di Matteo to be appointed in the morning Id be more than happy, Im not on an anti-Di Matteo campaign here, Im simply giving reasons why I think Guardiola is a good appointment and why Abramovich probably thinks so too.

Funnily enough I actually prefer Real Madrid, I just respect what Barcelona and Guardiola has done.

Pep's is good, but with the amount of top-class players he's had at his disposal and the Spanish league's duopolistic nature, plus, Mourinho didn't take the Madrid job until 2 years ago, it's no surprise to me that he's been a huge hit for the last 4 years. I personally much prefer Dortmund's Klopp, a real, proven talent in nurturing young players who's single-handedly turned a crappy side of then nameless players such as Kagawa, Sahin, Lewandowski etc. into one of the most domestically dominating team in Germany's football history in just 4 years. His pressing style of football is also much more interesting to watch than Barca's passing style. If Pep does come to the Bridge, I hope Roman will give him enough time to adjust himself to the Premier league, 2 or 3 years at the very least probably, otherwise it's more likely than not he'll end up being a big flop like AVB.

i like Klopp too..he seems pretty happy in Dortmund tho and i want Di Matteo first of all anyway but i do think Klopp might be a better option than Pep.

Wow, You don't do sarcasm do you......

He's been working with a group of players who have grown up together playing the same way for years. He was part of the system and knows the set up which is why he settled into the job so easily. It would be like JT becoming manager of Chelsea. He knows what makes us tick.

Barca have been developing that style of play for 10-15 years minimum with their current squad from youth level. That's why their youth team players can come in and slot straight into the 1st team without disrupting their rhythm. If people expect him to walk straight in and change things overnight they are very foolish. How many managers have we brought in to do this only to see them turfed out on their ear when there is no immediate transformation ?

Roman wants a more attractive style of football. That's fair enough, but he doesn't have the patience to let someone do it over a sustained period.

Therefore, it's a waste of time and money to bring him here.

No I dont.

Absolutely that helps, though by the same token you could certainly compliment him on promoting a raft of youth team players to the first team squad. While those who came through the Barcelona system obviously learned to play the Barcelona way, what you dont mention is the massive impact Guardiola has had on that Barcelona way and how he has tweaked it into the most dominating style of football anyone has ever seen.

The actual Barcelona way was developed before 10-15 years, it's generally credited to Johann Cruyff who brought a total football element to Barcelona, which Guardiola then worked off to create the most successful side in the club's history. Who expects him to change things overnight? Give him time and he will change things. Roman Abramovich is said to be a huge fan of the Barcelona way and the work Pep did at the club, he would certainly have the backing to change things. What other manager at Chelsea would have had both that power to change the entire structure of the club and also the ability to perform such a change?

Perhaps but given just how long he has admired Guardiola for, Id be fairly confident that he would last a little longer than 6 months.