David Luiz

the wes

Seriously.. am I the only person here who thinks that selling David is a ridiculous idea!?

Him and Matic at CDM would be solid. Yes he can be cavalier at times going forward, but his tenacity mixed in with his grit in challenges makes him a player you need in midfield. To give the team that extra encouragement. Probably Matic is the only player who can match that. Hence the reason why both of them as a defensive unit in midfield would be ideal!

Ramires is the one we need to say goodbye to!!

Am I the only person here who thinks that selling David is a ridiculous idea!

Him and Matic at CDM would be solid. Yes he can be cavalier at times going forward, but his tenacity mixed in with his grit in challenges makes him unmatched. Probably Matic is the only player who is as good as that.

You aren't alone mate. There should be no discussion about us selling him IMO.

Absolutely.. someone mentioned that even selling him to a rival CL club should be out of the question! I agree!

Yep. I have no idea why on earth we would even considering selling him, unless we receive a substantial fee. The rumoured £25m is beyond a joke!

Yep. I have no idea why on earth we would even considering selling him, unless we receive a substantial fee. The rumoured £25m is beyond a joke!

The ONLY possible reason why would even think about selling him, is if we had plans to bring Kurt Zouma into the frame, because remember we signed him for £12m from Saint Etienne in January!

He might possibly go out on loan back to the French club, or anywhere abroad .. you would have thought!

The ONLY possible reason why would even think about selling him, is if we had plans to bring Kurt Zouma into the frame, because remember we signed him for £12m from Saint Etienne in January!

He might possibly go out on loan back to the French club, or anywhere abroad .. you would have thought!

It all depends on Mourinho. If the Varane rumours are true, anything could happen.

Seriously.. am I the only person here who thinks that selling David is a ridiculous idea!?

Him and Matic at CDM would be solid.

Here's what I find hilarious about people who don't want us to sell him - they can't even decide what his role at the club should actually be.

You start by saying he's a CDM alongside Matic, but then talk about Zouma as if Luiz is a CB. The other guy is talking about us signing Varane as a replacement.

Luiz at Chelsea IS NOT a defender, and he sure as shit isn't worth more than £20 million as a midfielder so it's good business sense to sell him. Or am I wrong? Does anyone actually think Mourinho trusts him at CB or that he is worth more than Matic as a midfielder? Because that would be hi-larious.

Here's what I find hilarious about people who don't want us to sell him - they can't even decide what his role at the club should actually be.

You start by saying he's a CDM alongside Matic, but then talk about Zouma as if Luiz is a CB. The other guy is talking about us signing Varane as a replacement.

Luiz at Chelsea IS NOT a defender, and he sure as shit isn't worth more than £20 million as a midfielder so it's good business sense to sell him. Or am I wrong? Does anyone actually think Mourinho trusts him at CB or that he is worth more than Matic as a midfielder? Because that would be hi-larious.

u are wrong yes, and also clueless.

u are wrong yes, and also clueless.

Do you have the intelligence to post anything besides insults (safe behind your keyboard of course) - in what way am I wrong? Does Mourinho view Luiz as a defender? Is he a £20 million+ midfielder?

Clown. In fact having a look through your recent posts and you seem to do nothing but insult members (in boring, unimaginative, repetitive ways). You don't add to discussions, you don't contribute meaningful thoughts and you seem like a very mean-spirited individual.

Do you have the intelligence to post anything besides insults (safe behind your keyboard of course) - in what way am I wrong? Does Mourinho view Luiz as a defender? Is he a £20 million+ midfielder?

Clown. In fact having a look through your recent posts and you seem to do nothing but insult members (in boring, unimaginative, repetitive ways). You don't add to discussions, you don't contribute meaningful thoughts and you seem like a very mean-spirited individual.

You are, Im sure, refering to the fact that DL hasnt played as CB lately.

The reason is simple. Mourinho isnt a man who does drastic changes to his team...when its not needed. JT+GC has worked REALLY well. Plus with the fact that we've needed someone else when we dont have Matic in the DM made Luiz a natural choice there.

To answer your question: DL is worth much more than 20m. He is very versitile and can play well both as CB and DM.

Anyone who doesnt rate him above 20m is simply clueless. That is not an insult against you, its a fact stated. If you take offense by that, then cry me a river.

I will sell him for £25m+ then use that money to upgrade the CM position and we already have Cahill,JT,Ivanovic,Zouma,Kalas and Omeruo for the CB position. efficient use of resources is vital in these day and age.

You are, Im sure, refering to the fact that DL hasnt played as CB lately.

Lately - about 6 months? And when he did have to play him he looked poor against Newcastle and couldn't mark Anichebe against West Brom.

The reason is simple. Mourinho isnt a man who does drastic changes to his team...when its not needed. JT+GC has worked REALLY well. Plus with the fact that we've needed someone else when we dont have Matic in the DM made Luiz a natural choice there.

Mourinho also doesn't pick defenders he can't trust. He's dropped Luiz twice and hasn't picked him as a defender if he hasn't had to since November.

To answer your question: DL is worth much more than 20m. He is very versitile and can play well both as CB and DM.

He can play ok as a DM, but is used only sporadically. If Matic hadn't had been cup-tied his minutes would've been even less so you're left with a guy Jose don't trust as a defender and uses every now and then as a midfielder. Essentially a bit-part player who other teams value at about £25 million.

Anyone who doesnt rate him above 20m is simply clueless. That is not an insult against you, its a fact stated. If you take offense by that, then cry me a river.

You can't offend me. The first time I noticed you on this site it was when we were playing Leeds away in a cup game and you were hoping we'd lose - that type of 'fan' isn't capable of offending me. What I will say is that anyone who can't see the logic of cashing in on a CB who isn't a Mourinho CB and a midfielder who isn't really a midfielder, when we have holes to plug elsewhere and younger alternatives coming through, is utterly clueless about the intricacies and realities of modern football.

Him and Matic at CDM would be solid. Yes he can be cavalier at times going forward, but his tenacity mixed in with his grit in challenges makes him a player you need in midfield. To give the team that extra encouragement. Probably Matic is the only player who can match that. Hence the reason why both of them as a defensive unit in midfield would be ideal!

The thing is Luiz is good in CM with Matic but say god for bid Matic gets a long lay off? Luiz isn't any where near as comfortable with Lamps and his partnership with Rami is a ticking time bomb.

Lately - about 6 months? And when he did have to play him he looked poor against Newcastle and couldn't mark Anichebe against West Brom.

Mourinho also doesn't pick defenders he can't trust. He's dropped Luiz twice and hasn't picked him as a defender if he hasn't had to since November.

He can play ok as a DM, but is used only sporadically. If Matic hadn't had been cup-tied his minutes would've been even less so you're left with a guy Jose don't trust as a defender and uses every now and then as a midfielder. Essentially a bit-part player who other teams value at about £25 million.

You can't offend me. The first time I noticed you on this site it was when we were playing Leeds away in a cup game and you were hoping we'd lose - that type of 'fan' isn't capable of offending me. What I will say is that anyone who can't see the logic of cashing in on a CB who isn't a Mourinho CB and a midfielder who isn't really a midfielder, when we have holes to plug elsewhere and younger alternatives coming through, is utterly clueless about the intricacies and realities of modern football.

You are so narrowminded. Do you think we can play the same starting 11 every fucking game or what?

You discust me. You cannot see or think further than your own nose.

Luiz wont be sold. And if he is, anything below 30m is a really lousy deal.

You are so narrowminded. Do you think we can play the same starting 11 every fucking game or what?

No. We absolutely need to rotate which is why we need CBs that Jose can trust - not David Luiz.

Luiz wont be sold.

Wow, that's a strong position to take and I admire your unwavering faith in your analytical skills and....oh wait, there's more .

And if he is,

Oh....right....this is awkward. Um....

For the right money he could and should be definitely moved on. For me the latest reported offer from Barca is not the right money needed to justify moving him on. He isn't first choice at any position at the moment but he does provide quality depth and value to the squad.