David Luiz

the wes

Meanwhile, as they continue to track Van der Wiel, it is understood that Manchester City are preparing to hijack Chelsea's efforts to land David Luiz.

Carlo Ancelotti has been chasing the Brazilian defender for much of the winter window, but has so far refused to meet Benfica's demands.

That could open the door to City, with money no issue to the club's ambitious owners.-From Sky Sports

That would truly suck if city got him after all this time.

I would have to choot myself if Man City signed Luiz at the last minute, and anyway, it isn't exactly like they need him. I think they're too busy trying to tempt Dani Alves to join them at the moment...

Hardly Man City is going to buy Luiz, they have bunch of players in defense. I really hope we sign him already and finish this tense waiting. It's like when you now a bomb is going to explode and you are waiting for it thinking when it will happen.

It's a money thing, to put it in 'blunt\ terms, Benfica are greedy bastards trying to wrangle every last penny out of us they can.

Bit like Porto then. We paid over the odds for Ferrira and Carvalho. I could quite imagine the extra millions they are after would go straight into the Chairman/owner/presidents back pockets,to buy more big villas and mansions.That's football though.If we had the intelligence and patience to nurture and develop our own it would save so much money.

Yes and what will happen to Bruma when we get Luiz? Same as Sinclair,stoch,Mancienne,Cork etc probably.

There's a West Brom loan being rumoured if the Luiz deal goes through, Di Matteo is the right man for his development :)

Yes and what will happen to Bruma when we get Luiz? Same as Sinclair,stoch,Mancienne,Cork etc probably.

Bruma will play in another club on loan for two years, and when he come back Luiz will play as a striker and be the Premier League top scorer in 5 consecutive seasons.

Let me rephrase that....WAY! Too much..... For this kind of money we could probably get Christopher Samba, Andy Carrol or Luis Suarez and still have money to spare.. At least two of these are regular players in the Premier League.

David Luiz doesn't exactly have a John Terry like structure either. For a CB he is actually pretty small...

:fainthv9:...let me explain to you, we are talking about football, not about rugby, and a CB is as important as a striker if you are talking winning trophies.

Hahah surely. We only cenceded 27 goals this season so far in all competitions. Our defence is curently the best in the league and i can bet we would concede even less if our attack and midfield played better.

Kolo Toure can say whatever he wants to make his black ass look better (I'm not racist), but without Tevez goals their season would go down the drain. They would be kicked out of FA Cup, he won them points against Wolves, Blackpool...

Luiz is probably good buy for future, however we don't need him soo badly for the remainder of this season.

Hahah surely. We only cenceded 27 goals this season so far in all competitions. Our defence is curently the best in the league and i can bet we would concede even less if our attack and midfield played better.

Kolo Toure can say whatever he wants to make his black ass look better (I'm not racist), but without Tevez goals their season would go down the drain. They would be kicked out of FA Cup, he won them points against Wolves, Blackpool...

Luiz is probably good buy for future, however we don't need him soo badly for the remainder of this season.

What's Toure said?