David Luiz

the wes

What'dya mean?

Transfers, contracts, etc. Roman's buddies on the board are running the club. Arnesen - the sporting side of things, Gourlay - the financial side. I'm aware this could be termed mere speculation on my part, but then it's logical to me where I'm standing from. I do think though that Roman realises this mistake and Carlo will get more of a say in the future.

According to this blog David Luiz is staying at Benfica

http://blogs.bettor....e-outfit-a54142

However like everything else take this with a pinch of salt.

According to this article from the Independant a work permit has been 'accepted' despite all of the rumors of the deal collapsing.

http://www.independe...ee-2195296.html

Transfers, contracts, etc. Roman's buddies on the board are running the club. Arnesen - the sporting side of things, Gourlay - the financial side. I'm aware this could be termed mere speculation on my part, but then it's logical to me where I'm standing from. I do think though that Roman realises this mistake and Carlo will get more of a say in the future.

I can see why you'd think that, honest I do.

But Term is right here. I don't think Carlo is left out at all, I think what he tell the media is said to keep away unwanted attention from 1. Other clubs that would be interested and 2. The media twisting the stories and speculation i.e. what we've seen/heard today with Luiz. Managers must do what is necessary for the club, including, lying to the press for the sake of confidential information.

Carlo's no mug. He gets instant respect for his fabulous career both as a player and as a manager, I fully believe Roman keep him in the loop at all times. Perhaps not on the finer details like fees, but certainly on transfer targets and such issues that have an affect on the pitch, everything else I doubt he cares for.

But Term is right here. I don't think Carlo is left out at all, I think what he tell the media is said to keep away unwanted attention from 1. Other clubs that would be interested and 2. The media twisting the stories and speculation i.e. what we've seen/heard today with Luiz. Managers must do what is necessary for the club, including, lying to the press for the sake of confidential information.

Carlo's no mug. He gets instant respect for his fabulous career both as a player and as a manager, I fully believe Roman keep him in the loop at all times. Perhaps not on the finer details like fees, but certainly on transfer targets and such issues that have an affect on the pitch, everything else I doubt he cares for.

Agreed about Carlo's media antics - and it's in the club's interest like you say.

But I still remember Ballack saying Carlo wanted him while it was Roman refused to extend his contract. That makes me think that while Carlo has a say in who is brought to the club, his say is not given prime importance. It's like Roman giving Carlo three apples to choose from while Carlo could have had an orange in mind. Dunno if you get what I mean there LOL laugh.gif

This has become a farce.. 5 years ago we would have got him for 11-15 million. Man city, Real Madrid and Barcelona have inflated the transfer market so much that even a team like us is having trouble keeping up with the prices. 5 years ago we paid near this amount for what people regarded as one of the best strikers in the world. How we are even considering 25 million for a defender is ludicrous. Benfica and Luiz can go fuck themselves.

Well nothing new about the way Chelsea do business with other clubs. After Robinho fail Iwill never be confident in any deal until I see the oficial News on the Chelseafc

Let's wait and pray nothing more can ve done

I really hope we don't sign him now tbh. 25m for a CB is too much...

Let me rephrase that....WAY! Too much..... For this kind of money we could probably get Christopher Samba, Andy Carrol or Luis Suarez and still have money to spare.. At least two of these are regular players in the Premier League.

David Luiz doesn't exactly have a John Terry like structure either. For a CB he is actually pretty small...

As much as I like the player, I can safely say these rumours and (lack of) negotiation mean I no longer give a fuck.

Now let's go out and panic-buy someone like SWP!!!

Im sick of this as well .Every signing we make is like some sort of tv soap ,,,This is becoming a pantomime ,,,,We need someone

on the board who knows his football and someone who can NEGOTIATE

Fairly optimistic with this now -it just seems Benfica are being cunts.

Clubs still think, rightly or wrongly, that a bloke with thousands of millions of pounds will pay what they want. Those crazy months of 2003-4 have gone, and the difference between Abramovich and Man City owners is that they are still prepared to pay anything that a club asks.......

Let me rephrase that....WAY! Too much..... For this kind of money we could probably get Christopher Samba, Andy Carrol or Luis Suarez and still have money to spare.. At least two of these are regular players in the Premier League.

David Luiz doesn't exactly have a John Terry like structure either. For a CB he is actually pretty small...

He's listed on most sites as being 6"2 but I know what you mean, he looks quite slight, probably due to standing next to that giant Luisao though.

Honestly think that we will stump up the cash in the next few days, it seems that we are determined to get this guy. Still think that the £20m could be spent more wisely though. We're crying out for a decent winger imo.

Benfica are just being a bunch of wankers. Any club is when they know we're interested in one of their players. Fucks sake we never had this problem with signing Ramires, so what's the problem here???

A difference of £1 million... do me a fucking favour! :wacko:

If Peter Kenyon was still in charge, he would have sorted this deal with no problems, Ron Gourlay is just a dodgy cunt who knows nothing about business.

Edited by CJ Revo

He's listed on most sites as being 6"2 but I know what you mean, he looks quite slight, probably due to standing next to that giant Luisao though.

Honestly think that we will stump up the cash in the next few days, it seems that we are determined to get this guy. Still think that the £20m could be spent more wisely though. We're crying out for a decent winger imo.

The team will need revamping in the Summer -it's always important to start at the back.

Since Carvalhos departure, we have missed quality defenders that can go forward confidently. What I've seen of Luiz he is adept at this. Terry and Ivanovic have tried to carry the ball out of defence to try and get us further up the pitch with varying degrees of success.

Ancellotti doesn't appear to want to change his system so he's going to need the right players to adapt to it, Luiz is one of the building blocks, so in my mind is an important acquisition