David Luiz

the wes

The team will need revamping in the Summer -it's always important to start at the back.

Since Carvalhos departure, we have missed quality defenders that can go forward confidently. What I've seen of Luiz he is adept at this. Terry and Ivanovic have tried to carry the ball out of defence to try and get us further up the pitch with varying degrees of success.

Ancellotti doesn't appear to want to change his system so he's going to need the right players to adapt to it, Luiz is one of the building blocks, so in my mind is an important acquisition

You may be right about revamping and starting at the back but I'd argue that if you look at the ages of our forwards vs our defenders then we should be more inclined to acquire some younger blood up front first. We're going to have Alex back soon so presuming Ivanovic will get his wish and stay in the centre, we're going to spunk £20m on a fourth centre half? Doesn't make sense to me when we've needed creativity in the past couple of months.

You may be right about revamping and starting at the back but I'd argue that if you look at the ages of our forwards vs our defenders then we should be more inclined to acquire some younger blood up front first. We're going to have Alex back soon so presuming Ivanovic will get his wish and stay in the centre, we're going to spunk £20m on a fourth centre half? Doesn't make sense to me when we've needed creativity in the past couple of months.

Doesnt make sense if hes labelled a centre back, but by all accounts he's versatile, and can play left centre or right in the middle so they say -and long term I reckon theres a Brazilian tinge being slowly created to the squad. Yes theres the Sambas, johnsons and Cahills available, but theyre fairly one dimensional.

As for the pensioners up front -they're, in my view, being given one last shot at the CL. Win or lose it this year there will be major changes come the Summer

Like it has to be said, in the summer the squad needs a revamp, with some people being let go (possibly) or people coming in and the youth given a better majority of games. Like Van Aanholt being the second left back, and isn't Betrand also a left midfeilder, or was orginally? Maybe we could use him in that role. David Luis is a brilliant centre back and is still young, and that's why he is costing us 25.5 million. Maybe Kakuta can impress as Fulham and earn a spot for next season.

Drogba, imo, should either be given a less important role or be sold. And someone like Lukaku should be brought in as an option as a replacement.

The other thing is -if the stories about JT being given all those painkilling injections to carry on are true, , then the consequence of those are a premature end to playing.

anyway I'm getting a message now that the fee for Luiz has been AGreed ! blue%20scalf.gif

Negotiation has been started again between Benfica and Chelsea. "A negotiation process is currently ongoing and the market will be informed when it is completed,"--according to Benfica website.

Source Sky Sports and ESPN

Negotiation has been started again between Benfica and Chelsea. "A negotiation process is currently ongoing and the market will be informed when it is completed,"--according to Benfica website.

cue for a song ,,,"maybe this year ,,,maybe next year ....maybe never"

cue for a song ,,,"maybe this year ,,,maybe next year ....maybe never"

Can't really complain about his price tag. he is one of the best prospect in Europe. But if we can't get him that won't piss me off. Like everybody else I also think we need reinforcement in attacking third. It is not possible to do that in january window.

Meanwhile, as they continue to track Van der Wiel, it is understood that Manchester City are preparing to hijack Chelsea's efforts to land David Luiz.

Carlo Ancelotti has been chasing the Brazilian defender for much of the winter window, but has so far refused to meet Benfica's demands.

That could open the door to City, with money no issue to the club's ambitious owners.-From Sky Sports

That would truly suck if city got him after all this time.