David Luiz

the wes

okay, Mou, how about we start giving him the stability he needs, like being back in the team and all? I'm sure he'll start taking things much more seriously (although I don't think he didn't take them serious before, he just lost concentration at moments) and will pay much more attention to his surroundings after kissing the bench in two very important matches such as Schalke and City

Luiz has been making too many mistakes in my opinion. Will he ever get better ? No, he will not.

Either we learn to live with it or he is sold. There are no ifs or buts here.

There's no way you're justified in wanting to sell Luiz. For all i know, he is gonna be the world's best CB at Barcelona and we'll be sulking when Terry retires.

Remember what happens to Manchester United and Pique? They're stuck with Cuntinand.

Unless we can sign either Subotic or Hummels, he's our best option. Well never know if Mangana is going to work against top strikers.

okay, Mou, how about we start giving him the stability he needs, like being back in the team and all? I'm sure he'll start taking things much more seriously (although I don't think he didn't take them serious before, he just lost concentration at moments) and will pay much more attention to his surroundings after kissing the bench in two very important matches such as Schalke and City

I'm sure Jose is working with him in training on everything possible to make sure he becomes as water tight as possible. Let's not just the draws the blinds on this one here though. I rate Cahill nowhere near as much as I rate Luiz but that means shit when it comes to actual focus and prone to silly errors.

Luiz needs to get back to basics and start focusing on no nonsense defending ala John terry style. I'm not saying everyone of our defenders are perfect but Luiz really needs to sort his act out and them maybe he won't be tarnished with this 'calamity brush' that some paint him to be.

I'm sure Jose is working with him in training on everything possible to make sure he becomes as water tight as possible. Let's not just the draws the blinds on this one here though. I rate Cahill nowhere near as much as I rate Luiz but that means shit when it comes to actual focus and prone to silly errors.

Luiz needs to get back to basics and start focusing on no nonsense defending ala John terry style. I'm not saying everyone of our defenders are perfect but Luiz really needs to sort his act out and them maybe he won't be tarnished with this 'calamity brush' that some paint him to be.

Oh I didn't mean it like that. In Mourinho I trust. If he only brings Luiz back to the team in a month, I'll be behind him - except if Cahill starts to make mistakes every match. But I doubt Mourinho has double standards, especially in this case. If Luiz went to the bench for mistakes, so would Cahill if he did them. I just meant the sooner Luiz is back in the team the better - but to be back he has to either earn it or Cahill to force his way out of the team. I hope when it happens, it's the first scenario. CBs mistakes normally mean goals, I don't need or want Cahill to allow them so Luiz can come back.

Oh I didn't mean it like that. In Mourinho I trust. If he only brings Luiz back to the team in a month, I'll be behind him - except if Cahill starts to make mistakes every match. But I doubt Mourinho has double standards, especially in this case. If Luiz went to the bench for mistakes, so would Cahill if he did them. I just meant the sooner Luiz is back in the team the better - but to be back he has to either earn it or Cahill to force his way out of the team. I hope when it happens, it's the first scenario. CBs mistakes normally mean goals, I don't need or want Cahill to allow them so Luiz can come back.

Agreed.

Very meticulous performance from Luiz tonight, he looked a monster of a centre half, he's the one that starts everything at the back, distributes play like he's got the number 10 on his back.

he usually plays like that for Brazil ,, He is MUCH more disciplned than the " pundits " recogonise

The perfect CB to partner him long term in the PL would probably be Kompany.

A Kompany - Luiz partnership would be insane. Shame it would probably never happen though. Funny thing is that we could've signed Vincent before he signed for City...

Luiz's importance as this team's quarterback goes too often unnoticed. Showed why we need him last night.

I'd hate for him to read that and think he needs to be a quarterback in this team, when we have people like Lampard and Oscar in front of him who are far better at distributing the ball even from deep.

He needs to focus on defending solidly for 90 minutes.