David Luiz

the wes

How is Ramos overrated? The lad is f***ing immense and I'd give anything to have him here, he has absolutely no weakness, 2nd best CB in the World!

I can literally watch the lad defend all day. Complete defender.

He's a head-case and one of the worst scumbags in football. Second maybe only to Pepe and Suarez (when he's hungry).

It was a game of football, even Torres has more 'power' than Luiz in the dressing room.

Power?? More like better recognition in THAT particular environment. You advertise the well-known to get greater returns...... Torres captains = more US Tshirt sales. More Tshirt sales = more revenue for the club. It's all about marketing and nothing else

Power?? More like better recognition in THAT particular environment. You advertise the well-known to get greater returns...... Torres captains = more US Tshirt sales. More Tshirt sales = more revenue for the club. It's all about marketing and nothing else

How would that even be instigated though?, it's not as if Gourlay & Buck waltzed into the dressing room and gave him the armband. Unless the hierarchy at the club suggested it to Benitez, who at this point has zero influence I suppose.

True, it's all about marketing...but seeing Torres with the armband was disgusting. Hope some Italian club bids on him.

I don't buy into the importance of the captain's armband but seeing him lead the team was awful.

Terry is also a "scumbag". He's still the best defender the club will ever have play for them.

I don't want to get into a Terry convo on this thread, I've posted other opinions about him previously. But I just wanted to say, yes, I agree with you on all accounts with Terry. If we were another club looking to purchase him I would say the same thing (i.e. no thank you)

Apparently Benitez asked Napoli president De Laurentiis to get him either Luiz, Kompany or Skrtel but it was rejected due to their prices. Well he was told no about Luiz and Kompany. Tbh if we want Cavani I can see that cunt asking for Luiz in return :(