David Luiz

the wes

If Mourinho does indeed join, I think it's unlikely that we'll be playing attacking possession football...unless he's changed his footballing philosophy. Think it'd be direct counter-attacking / protect lead at all-costs style football.

Not a problem either, added bonus when your CB can launch the counter-attack himself.

We know from Jose's previous, that players that have everything in their locker but need a bit of rough edges removed is the perfect player for Jose.

If DL4 isn't that player right now, i don't know who is. The Enlglish media were always going to make a Mourinho-Luiz story given their vendetta against him, im surprised it took them this long.

No chance Madrid will sell Varane no point in even putting him in those ridiculous fantasy lineups.

What does everyone expect from Luiz next year? I'd say in no order the 5 very best players of his ilk are Hummels, Ferdinand, Ramos, Piqué and Thiago Silva. On his day he put in a performance as good as any of those 4 but the next week he'll commit a daft error like the one he did at the weekend against Everton. Hell, even in the same game he'll ruin a worldie with an individual error.

Things he must improve on next season.

Stop the Hollywood passes. I know a large portion of them are due to our inept midfield but all it does is easily relinquish possession and put the defense under pressure. I don't mind attempting them from time to time if we're winning the midfield battle BUT he makes about 5/6 of them per game which is why his passing percentage is abnormally low.

Improve aerially.

Its all about desire and hunger really. He bottles way to many 50-50's and I expect that to stop once Mou returns.

Tackle the f***king ball

If I could be arsed I'm sure there are stats out there that back up the abnormally few tackles he makes a game but its definitely low. He has great anticipation and is very clever at making interceptions but he simply doesn't win enough challenges. It's not just Luiz though very few of our CB's apart from Ivanovic actually have the balls to take command of a defensive situation. JT because of his loss of pace over the years, Cahill can only block the ball and Luiz always leaves up such a important duty to others.

Aside from those three crucial areas he's f***king brilliant though. No chance he's getting sold.

No chance Madrid will sell Varane no point in even putting him in those ridiculous fantasy lineups.

What does everyone expect from Luiz next year? I'd say in no order the 5 very best players of his ilk are Hummels, Ferdinand, Ramos, Piqué and Thiago Silva. On his day he put in a performance as good as any of those 4 but the next week he'll commit a daft error like the one he did at the weekend against Everton. Hell, even in the same game he'll ruin a worldie with an individual error.

Things he must improve on next season.

Stop the Hollywood passes. I know a large portion of them are due to our inept midfield but all it does is easily relinquish possession and put the defense under pressure. I don't mind attempting them from time to time if we're winning the midfield battle BUT he makes about 5/6 of them per game which is why his passing percentage is abnormally low.

Improve aerially.

Its all about desire and hunger really. He bottles way to many 50-50's and I expect that to stop once Mou returns.

Tackle the f***king ball

If I could be arsed I'm sure there are stats out there that back up the abnormally few tackles he makes a game but its definitely low. He has great anticipation and is very clever at making interceptions but he simply doesn't win enough challenges. It's not just Luiz though very few of our CB's apart from Ivanovic actually have the balls to take command of a defensive situation. JT because of his loss of pace over the years, Cahill can only block the ball and Luiz always leaves up such a important duty to others.

Aside from those three crucial areas he's f***king brilliant though. No chance he's getting sold.

Pique is overrated...he only looks good alongside better defensive players like Puyol, Ramos for Spain, Mascherano at Barca

I'd say the best 5 defenders are: Hummels, T.Silva, Ramos, Chiellini & based on this season Munich's Dante.

Pique is overrated...he only looks good alongside better defensive players like Puyol, Ramos for Spain, Mascherano at Barca

I'd say the best 5 defenders are: Hummels, T.Silva, Ramos, Chiellini & based on this season Munich's Dante.

If you are gonna include this season's form then no way hummels should be in the top 5 CB list for this season.He has struggled with injuries ansd has made a lot of mistakes costing in goals.

For me ramos is overrated, he is athletic but his decision making is just really2 rash

If you are gonna include this season's form then no way hummels should be in the top 5 CB list for this season.He has struggled with injuries ansd has made a lot of mistakes costing in goals.

I meant Hummels, Thiago Silva, Ramos and Chiellini have been the best defenders in terms of consistency....and based on this season..Dante deserves recognition. Good purchase for Bayern Munich.

Although I do agree that Hummels has had a poor season, not up to his usual standards.

Pique's overrated because he's had a season where he's been forced to partner Adriano, Mascherano and an inexperienced player like Batra? Give him a solid partner and he's immense.

Dante lol. He has the easiest job in football playing for the most organized team in the League. Next you're going to tell me Jerome Boateng is World Class.

And I said players of his ilk which means ball playing CB's like Barzagli not monsters like Chiellini.

For me ramos is overrated, he is athletic but his decision making is just really2 rash

How is Ramos overrated? The lad is f***ing immense and I'd give anything to have him here, he has absolutely no weakness, 2nd best CB in the World!

I can literally watch the lad defend all day. Complete defender.

Seems to me that the Daily Mail's story on Luiz not wanted by Mourinho has been taken down completely. The link posted yesterday is no longer valid and can't find it in their website either.

Today they are calling Luiz "the next captain".

I think he is missing something to his defensing game, he's not consistent enough when playing there, I feel like he still needs a lot of work.

But he is good with the ball, fast, strong - he has a lot of potential!

Not taking anything away from him, he's still a really good CB.