FIFA Club World Cup

Since we have now qualified for this for the first time, what are your thoughts? I know it's not exactly the biggest club competition in the world but it would be great to win it, it's the only thing left now and then we really can say we've won it all (except the Europa League of course but let's stay away from that!). It's the one thing not on Liverpool's CV too so it would be nice to tell them we won it if we of course go on to do so. I'd actually be pretty gutted if we don't go on to win it in truth. We're the best in Europe, we have the chance to be the best in the world. Lets take it!

Anyway, the tournament is between December 6th - 16th, 2012, and it's between all the Champions of each continent's biggest club competitions. It will take place in Japan. The winners of the J-League will also join the tournament as the host City's representative.

So far, UEFA is represented by Chelsea after beating Bayern Munich on penalties in the UCL Final. Monterray are representing CONCACAF after a 3-2 win over Santos Laguna on aggregate and Auckland City are representing OFC as they overcame AS Tefana of Tahiti by the aggregate score of 3-1. The rest haven't been decided yet.

I'm looking forward to it.

---------------------------------------------------------

CWC discussion.

Chelsea have named a strong squad

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Hilario

Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic, Ashley Cole, David Luiz, Paulo Ferreira, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Cesar Azpilicueta, Ryan Bertrand

Midfielders: Oriol Romeu, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Oscar, John Obi Mikel, Eden Hazard, Marko Marin, Lucas Piazon

Forwards: Fernando Torres, Juan Mata, Victor Moses, Daniel Sturridge

Edited by BluesMaster
Added the squad list for easy viewing.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for this!

Only two games we have to win in the competition.

Ill be rooting for Auckland too though. (they won't get far, but I feel i should support this tiny club in a massive competition)

You sure it's the quarter's not the Semi's? Usually it's the Semi's, i hope so anyway. More holiday i'll be needing to book off work but hey, long time to before then. Still got 7 months tho so i'm sure in that time this thread will get lost so i'll try n keep it alive when needs be!

We win this and we are one of the few, even Liverpool haven't won one of these so they can shut the fuck up for starters.

The only major threat are the brazilian teams, and the mexican teams are a pain in the arse too i think.

I just hope we take this competition seriously, i think there was a team what won the Champions League and never took it seriously and lost. I think Barcelona did it, or have they won it twice?.

Don't know how people don't see this as a big deal. To be able to say we are 'Champions of the World' is a massive deal. I'd definatly buy a scarf that says it, seeing as a mate who supports United waved one in my face a few years back!