FIFA Club World Cup

People on this board know I have a soft spot for Corinthians, but TBH Monterrey of Mexico could take them. They are a very solid club w/ a very knowledgeable coach. Timao will have a tuff task on their hands to knock this team off. Oh snap, If the ball bounces the right way, Chelsea will be taking on Monterrey.

Mate, we will face Monterey in the semi. Corinthians will play african or asian team.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

CWC discussion.

Chelsea have named a strong squad

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Hilario

Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic, Ashley Cole, David Luiz, Paulo Ferreira, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Cesar Azpilicueta, Ryan Bertrand

Midfielders: Oriol Romeu, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Oscar, John Obi Mikel, Eden Hazard, Marko Marin, Lucas Piazon

Forwards: Fernando Torres, Juan Mata, Victor Moses, Daniel Sturridge

To think Manchester United are the only English side to ever win it,this could be history in the making....but unfortunately it could not have come at a worst time for us.. <_<

Actually it's came at a good time. I'm not expecting the opposition to be premiere league standards so the youngins can get a couple of wins and hopefully win the trophy.

That would give us some confidence heading into January.

I'm not expecting the opposition to be premiere league standards so the youngins can get a couple of wins and hopefully win the trophy.

LOL, Corinthians is a very strong team. They have everything we dont have as a team: balance, organization, good defense, lethal counters, discipline, great coach, etc.

They dont really have talent (except for old Emerson and young Romarinho), but they are a very good opposition.

They will also have an absurd amount of support there, all their tickets are sold out and they are asking FIFA for more...

If we play our youngsters it will be Atletico 2.0

Corinthians would definetly lose to Manure and ManCity. However, they would put a very difficult match against Spuds, Arse, Loserpool, Everton, etc.

LOL, Corinthians is a very strong team. They have everything we dont have as a team: balance, organization, good defense, lethal counters, discipline, great coach, etc.

They dont really have talent (except for old Emerson and young Romarinho), but they are a very good opposition. They will also have an absurd amount of support there, all the tickets FIFA gave tehm are sold out and they are asking for more...

If we play our youngsters we will have Atletico 2.0

Corinthians would definetly lose to Manure and Mancity. However, they would put a very difficult match against Spuds, Arse, Loserpool, Everton, etc.

I just realized my comment came across like we would win it comfortably but with youngins I meant Hazard, Oscar, Rami, mata, Azpi, Marin, Moses and co.

I'm sure they're a great team. Benitez isn't bad at cup tournaments so I'm pretty positive heading into this one. Hopefully they can win this and inject some life into the remaining season.

They dont really have talent (except for old Emerson and young Romarinho), but they are a very good opposition.

They will also have an absurd amount of support there, all their tickets are sold out and they are asking FIFA for more...

Corinthians would definetly lose to Manure and ManCity. However, they would put a very difficult match against Spuds, Arse, Loserpool, Everton, etc.

This.

Some people here are in for a rude awakening if that sorry excuse of a team that showed up against Fulham decides to make an appearance at the CWC.

Hey guys, i'm brazilian and a supporter of Corinthians... Can i comment here? If yes, I promise that i will do it with respect to the users. Just asking now to not be kicked of the forum as a troll.

LOL, OF COURSE YOU CAN!

Are you going to Japan? I tried to (with CFC), but I dont have budget....

But we also have Paulinho (God, Sacred monster, Corinthians supporters has to pray to him every day) , Danilo(He always resolves when the game is difficult), Douglas(One day is bad, other is good... hoping to be his day of killer passes) and Juan Manuel Martinez. Well, i think that Guerrero is ok, at least.

Guys, plase don't ban me. lol

Not surprises with the squad selection there.

Have said it several times before, we must win this competition. Not the biggest of competitions but it's not often a team can get to participate in the CWC. Can win it for the first time and I will be pissed off if we mess up another chance to win a trophy after what happened in the Community Shield and Super Cup this season. Additionally, winning trophy would help to boost confidence and morale in the squad. Gives the team a sense of winning again and that mentality of doing it as a group. Vital especially for the new and young players.