FIFA Club World Cup

"FIFA have confirmed goal-line technology will be introduced at the Club World Cup"

Good to see those cavemen have finally arrived to the 21st century.

This is small step for one tournament but huge for entire football.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being Champions of Europe is no longer enough, we want to be Champions of the World. :P

fifa-club-world-cup.png

The trophy looks nice too.

Agreed! I really want us to win it, with the Super Cup as well. Its something that you don't get entered into every year, grab the opportunity whilst we are in!

• 1 month later...

@KOF

Corinthians winning this tournamente wont be a surprise because Chelsea is not way better than the brazilian team to make the south american side winning a huge upset.

Chelsea beating Barcelona in semi-finals last season was a surprise, but beating Bayern in the final was not a surprise, even tough the german side was the better team.

Manchester City is better than Chelsea, but if we win the PL league this seaons it wont be a surprise, to other side its really hard to imagine Arsenall getting a betterr position than the 3rd.

Everybody that watches brazilian league knows that Chelsea is favourite, but Corinthians really have a chance, everything can happen.

@KOF

Corinthians winning this tournamente wont be a surprise because Chelsea is not way better than the brazilian team to make the south american side winning a huge upset.

Chelsea beating Barcelona in semi-finals last season was a surprise, but beating Bayern in the final was not a surprise, even tough the german side was the better team.

Manchester City is better than Chelsea, but if we win the PL league this seaons it wont be a surprise, to other side its really hard to imagine Arsenall getting a betterr position than the 3rd.

Everybody that watches brazilian league knows that Chelsea is favourite, but Corinthians really have a chance, everything can happen.

Henrique, are you ok buddy??? I know your boys Palmeiras are struggling, but for you to give Timão props...Signs that we are heading for the Apocalypse

I think the Atletico game could be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully that type of performance never happens again. I'd never say a match against any South American team will be easy, especially not against the best team. These 2 games will be a real test, no doubt about it.

Chelsea, the European Champions, are far better than Corinthians.

You are an idiot, talking a lot of shit, you never watched a single game where Corinthians played in last 12 months, that's why I wont discuss this subject with you anymore.

You are an idiot, talking a lot of shit, you never watched a single game where Corinthians played in last 12 months, that's why I wont discuss this subject with you anymore.

Can you discuss it with me? I have watched almost all of their games (I dont even root for them) and Chelsea is clearly better.

Chelsea at its worst > Corinthians at its worst. Chelsea at its best > Corinthians at its best.

You cant compare a bad performance to a top class one, off course it wont be matched (even for a SA club).

I want so badly to travel to Tokyo, money will be a huge issue...

CHELSEA WORLD CAMPIONS!

The problem is: sometimes we play below bar. We are better than Atletico, but it was 4-1.

Can you discuss it with me? I have watched almost all of their games (I dont even root for them) and Chelsea is clearly better.

Chelsea at its worst > Corinthians at its worst. Chelsea at its best > Corinthians at its best.

You cant compare a bad performance to a top class one, off course it wont be matched (even for a SA club).

I want so badly to travel to Tokyo, money will be a huge issue...

CHELSEA WORLD CAMPIONS!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.chelseafc...ter-final-drawn

CLUB WORLD CUP QUARTER-FINAL DRAWN

Posted on: Mon 24 Sep 2012

Our path to glory at the Fifa Club World Cup is now a little clearer following Monday's quarter-final draw in Zurich.

Chelsea will not enter the competition until the semi-final stage, when we will play the yet to be decided winners of the Asian Champions League, or Mexican side CF Monterrey, on December 13 in Yokohama.

With only seven teams in the entire competition (six continental winners, plus the champions of Japan's J-League), there will be a play-off between New Zealand's Auckland City and the Japanese champions for the final quarter-final spot. The winner of that game will face the winner of Africa's Champions League, which is currently at the semi-final stage.

Brazilian side Corinthians, who also receive a bye to the semi-finals, will face either the African champions, Auckland or the J-League winners in the other semi-final, with both the third place play-off and the final taking place in Yokohama on December 16.

Further updates will follow as more finalists are confirmed.

Since that we are in this competition, think the thread should be in here and not in the 'Football Banter' section.

And on the competition itself, I want to see us win it! Couldn't care less if it is a small one as I don't want to see us go all the way to Japan only to lose this and throw away another winnable cup after what happened with the last two!

And on the competition itself, I want to see us win it! Couldn't care less if it is a small one as I don't want to see us go all the way to Japan only to lose this and throw away another winnable cup after what happened with the last two!

I actually want this much much more. I didn't really care about the loss in the European Super because we had already won in in the past, but this one, we might not get a chance to win it again any time soon.