FIFA Club World Cup

I actually want this much much more. I didn't really care about the loss in the European Super because we had already won in in the past, but this one, we might not get a chance to win it again any time soon.

That too. We will be the only second English club to win the competition after United should we get to the final and beat who face.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 games for History and to be one of very few who can say they've won every competition you can possibly enter. Liverpool ain't even won this, they lost in the final in 2005. I want us to win this more than anything now, it could be a hell of a long time until we're in it again. 2 games for glory. Have no idea how good Monterrey are but seems like it will be them and Corinthians than stand in our way.

2 games for History and to be one of very few who can say they've won every competition you can possibly enter. Liverpool ain't even won this, they lost in the final in 2005. I want us to win this more than anything now, it could be a hell of a long time until we're in it again. 2 games for glory. Have no idea how good Monterrey are but seems like it will be them and Corinthians than stand in our way.

the fact liverpool havent even won it makes my stock in these games go through the roof.

just imagine all the chants we can sing? and sing them vs everyteam (except man u)...........oh what a site that would be.

It seems we have trouble when we play against teams like Stoke, with a strong defensive system and tactical discipline.

Thats why I think we are going to have a tough game if we play against Corinthians in the final.

ps: I think this topic should be moved to Matthew Harding Stand, since we are talking about a tournament that Chelsea is involved, and Football Banter is "All other general football chat here that isn't related to Chelsea."

If we do win this were have to think of a way to remind Liverpool fans that they have never been world champions every time we face them :lol:

How many times have you been world champions? that's right none, no history :lol: ouch

I hate how this tournament gets undervalued, its a chance to be Champions of the world for god sake. Not only that it's the only tournament where European teams can face world wide teams competitively and play games other than friendly's outside of Europe.

I will be gutted if we don't win this in all honesty.

It seems we have trouble when we play against teams like Stoke, with a strong defensive system and tactical discipline.

Thats why I think we are going to have a tough game if we play against Corinthians in the final.

Do they play similar to Stoke in that respect? if so we have a very tough match on our hands should we both make the final. Hopefully the players will be up for it knowing that some may never get a chance to play in this type of tournament again.

If we do win this were have to think of a way to remind Liverpool fans that they have never been world champions every time we face them :lol:

How many times have you been world champions? that's right none, no history :lol: ouch

I hate how this tournament gets undervalued, its a chance to be Champions of the world for god sake. Not only that it's the only tournament where European teams can face world wide teams competitively and play games other than friendly's outside of Europe.

I will be gutted if we don't win this in all honesty.

Do they play similar to Stoke in that respect? if so we have a very tough match on our hands should we both make the final. Hopefully the players will be up for it knowing that some may never get a chance to play in this type of tournament again.

Yes and no. They have a strong defense, but they are better in the counter attack, they have better attacking players and better DM (Ralf and Paulinho).

Dont expect a team like Santos, that were trashed by Barcelona last year. This Corinthians is the most european team we have in SA,

Definitely gonna have to play the role of scout and look for some matches involving Monterrey and Corinthians to see what we're gonna be up against. Every time i think of a Brazilian team, i just think of Brazil... immense technical ability and great youth talent but i'm sure not all teams from there are like Brazil.

I was watching Corinthians - Botafogo the other day and the commentators mentioned they're preparing to rest players on a rotational basis henceforth in the Brasiliero in preparation for the CWC.

We cannot take this lightly at all.

Definitely gonna have to play the role of scout and look for some matches involving Monterrey and Corinthians to see what we're gonna be up against. Every time i think of a Brazilian team, i just think of Brazil... immense technical ability and great youth talent but i'm sure not all teams from there are like Brazil.

Sao Paulo (1992-1993), Cruzeiro (1997), Vasco (1998), Palmeiras (1999), Internacional (2006) and Santos (2011). These were teams that remind people of Brazil (skill, pace, talent, etc). They would all finish Top 6 if played in any European League nowadays.

Gremio (1995), Sao Paulo (2005) and Corinthians (2012) are/were fisical teams. Super strong on defense (as a unity, not only center backs) and lethal counter attack. Important goals from setpieces, as well.

They game will be very similar to Liverpool 2005 defeat.

Corinthians will defend for their lives (remeber some of that?) They have an excellent keeper - Cassio - and great center and full backs (better if Castan had not gone to Roma). One of the wordest best duos on DM - Ralf and Paulinho - and a skilled attacker on Emerson Sheik. They do not have a super talented advanced midfield (although they do have good vision and passing ability) and they do not have a poucher (Torres would be God for them). In no way a "futebol arte"team...

It will be a good hard game, but our TRIO can break it down!

The fact you need to resort to insults shows how immature you are.

Your posts here shows your lack of intelligence and football knowledge.

I promise this is the last time I will waste my time replying to yours post with reasonable arguments:

- I'm sure you never watched one single game by Corinthians in last 12 months, The fact you said "Chelsea, the european champions, is far better than Corinthians" is based solely in the fact that Chelsea is european champions. For me thats is an argument coming from a retard. Stoke city is not an european side, but its not a surprise to draw or lose against Stoke in an away game, or in a match played in a neutral stadium, because we all know Stoke is a very tough team.

Anyway, you retard delusion make you seem like a retard, perhaps you are one.

I was watching Corinthians - Botafogo the other day and the commentators mentioned they're preparing to rest players on a rotational basis henceforth in the Brasiliero in preparation for the CWC.

We cannot take this lightly at all.

what did you think about the game?

• 4 weeks later...

Have a bad felling about it, perhaps because of Atléticos and Shaktar matches. We have the better players, but they were far superior in both games. We are strong at SB, but in neutral or away matches outside England we are yet to win a match.

No sure if Corinthians is way worst than Shaktar.

People on this board know I have a soft spot for Corinthians, but TBH Monterrey of Mexico could take them. They are a very solid club w/ a very knowledgeable coach. Timao will have a tuff task on their hands to knock this team off. Oh snap, If the ball bounces the right way, Chelsea will be taking on Monterrey.