Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Bayern Munich ace Arjen Robben has promised fans he will be able to take part in the Champions League final against Chelsea.

Don't Miss

Bet: Returns: Bayern £18.00 Draw £36.00 Chelsea £42.00 sportingbet_w.png

The Netherlands international had been in doubt for the match after missing the club's last two training sessions with a cold.

"I had a bit of a cold," Robben told Sport-Informations-Dienst. "I had to be careful not to waste my energy.

"If I do not have a fever of 40 or 41 degrees, I will be on the pitch."

Earlier on Thursday, Robben stated that Bayern are determined to clinch the Champions League crown, which they have not won since 2001.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2012/05/17/3109870/arjen-robben-vows-to-be-fit-for-champions-league-final

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confident that Drogba will find a way to fuck Bayern over like he did last time, i think that was probably one of the greatest headers i have ever seen. I know I'll get a bashing for this but I'd start Sturridge because of his pace. Juan Mata will have no one to pass the ball to because the only other willing runner (Ramires) is out.

There's also a positive about Sturridge, he wasn't picked for the EURO's, maybe he wont keep trying to impress and start shooting at will constantly. But then again he might think he has a chance on standby :cry:

There's also a positive about Sturridge, he wasn't picked for the EURO's, maybe he wont keep trying to impress and start shooting at will constantly. But then again he might think he has a chance on standby :cry:

I don't want us to start a mechanical team. I hate it when we start a mechanical team with no willing runners then we wonder by the 20th min why we are being overrun. I find it annoying, the other team attacks us they get in the area they shoot and John Terry falls over before the ball lands in the net. We hardly ever concede a goal when the other team has carved us open its always because of a stupid mistake and i do not want us to go 1 down against a side with Bayern's wingers and counter attack ability.

Tomorrow I am having a bloody important exam but I bloody cannot focus on studying as I know the following day I will be watching Chelsea in the Champions League final.

can't imagine this will hurt more than losing to manure in 08 so don't think it will be the worst day.

Yeah agree.It'll hurt but its not the same as loosing to a club from your own country.....and all due to a slip..

The thing that will hurt however is realising we have to wait a year until we can try again...and for some players be an opportunity gone

Uli has a point

“If he pulls the plug on them you will be able to pick the club up for the price of a puzzle magazine from a news stand"

Not sure if you know this, but Chelsea is actually one of the most valuable football clubs in the world and generates $300M+ every year.

RE: Predator's stat that Bayern never lose when Gomez scores:

Since Roberto Di Matteo took over, we are undefeated whenever Kalou plays, be it off the bench (wins on 4 occasions and a draw once) or starting (7 wins and 2 draws).

DRAW after 90 mins IS NOT an Option. Penalties against Germans = No Win situation.

DRAW after 90 mins IS NOT an Option. Penalties against Germans = No Win situation.

I've done 7 sims in Fifa using predicted lineups to the best of my ability. So far Bayern's won 4 to Chelsea's 3. But wait, don't get too depressed, here's the interesting bit.

3 out of the 4 Bayern wins have come after 90 mins. 2 on penalties, and one was a 117' goal. Bayern is generally eeking out their wins in the sims.

ALL 3 of Chelsea's wins have come in 90 mins.

So the moral of the story is beat Bayern in 90!