Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the thing is, its not about Bayern being better than the DFB Pokal, it's the fact that Jupp knew that even with his best tactics, Bayern were never going to beat Dortmund. So instead why not focus on the Champions League? Just my theory

It's pretty sad that Jupp has so little faith in his team. Faith inspires.

Bayern lost to Dortmund four times in a row before the Pokal. Dortund won.

Chelsea lost to Liverpool four times in a row before the FA Cup. Chelsea won.

It's pretty sad that Jupp has so little faith in his team. Faith inspires.

Bayern lost to Dortmund four times in a row before the Pokal. Dortund won.

Chelsea lost to Liverpool four times in a row before the FA Cup. Chelsea won.

Well the thing is, if the DFB Pokal final was two weeks before the Champions League Final, Im sure he would have given it all, but the fact is, he didnt want to risk any injurys

Well the thing is, if the DFB Pokal final was two weeks before the Champions League Final, Im sure he would have given it all, but the fact is, he didnt want to risk any injurys

So what is it? He knew that Dortmund would have won even if Jupp used superior tactics or he didn't want to risk injuries to key players?

Don't you dare choose both because you have given two different reasons at two different times (nobody likes a hypocrite). Besides, I seem to remember Jupp playing a very strong side at the DFB Pokal.

I reckon Bayern did take it slightly easy in truth because of risk of injury. They can win the German Cup when they want, like we can win the FA Cup when we want but our cup final was 2 weeks before tomorrows big one so we had slightly more room to manoeuvre. The manager obviously wanted to win it with the team he put out but the players went into it a bit scared and if you go into a final against a good team subdued, you're gonna pay.

We've had good recovery time so we should go into the game in as good as shape as possible considering the team we can chose from.

If he didn't want to risk injuries, why didn't he put squad players on for key players?

If he knew he was gonna lose why didn't he put squad players on for key players?

I don't think any 'bug' or fever or even the Flu would stop someone playing in the UCL Final. Especially not Robben after all he's been through in this tournament since 2005. This is the pinnacle of club football.

I hope he plays, we've done our homework on him, i'd rather not be against someone unknown with unpredictability. These types of players are dangerous in games like these.

To all the regulars on this site.

Whether you're in the stadium, in the streets of Munich, overseas, in the pubs around SB or at home with your family....here's hoping we bring the trophy home for the first time in the history of our great club Chelsea FC.

Carefree wherever you maybe.

Proud.