Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really sad to see Drogba go (and he's welcome here at the Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS anytime, we've still got a designated player spot open :D ), but it shows me that Chelsea FC is going to do this rebuild the right way. They're not going to hang on to past glory at the expense of the future. Drogba, what a legend. Somebody commission that statue already.

Really hoping I can make the trip to Seattle when Chelsea comes here July 18th.

All in all, what a weekend.

In fairness, if our roles were reversed and Spurs won the CL and we missed out on the UCL because of it we'd all be bitter.

What am i saying, Spurs winning the CL? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spurs were always in it for the money, they couldn't possibly dream of winning the European Cup in all fairness. In any case, the #1 argument against Chelsea from the other English fans is predominantly: "they did not deserve to win blah blah, got lucky, blah blah, anti-football blah blah". What's funny is that IF ANY club deserved to win the Champions League these past 7-8 years, it was none other than Chelsea. We have been the unluckiest club on earth:

2004-05: Lost to Liverpool in a controversial manner (See: Ghost Goal) despite dominating both legs thoroughly in the Semi-Finals.

2006-07: Lost to Liverpool yet again in the Semi-Finals on penalties.

2007-08: Lost to Man Utd in the FINAL on penalties.

2008-09: The debacle and refereeing farce that would be against Barcelona in the Semi-Finals. Wrongly dismissed on away goals by not being given 4 clear penalties.

No other club in Europe had such a heartbreaking run without winning it in the last 7-8 years. I am not surprised that our luck had finally turned around (and in abundance) this time around. It was due. Well due.

Yep, also in every forum some people actually like that we win, for the english stuff lol. In the Milan's forum they put signatures of Drogba.

Yeah, for some reason, most fans of Italian clubs were supporting us. Rivalry with Germany maybe?

:clap:

I have to say that all of the Bayern fans that I met on Saturday night took it on good part, and most knew of how we had been cheated/unlucky over the last few years and whilst totally pissed of at losing on penalties in their own back yard, none were as bitter and mean spirited as the English fans from the other so called "big four". wankers all!

Man United didn't do it in 1999:

n_manchester_united_history-3076009.jpg

Keane was captain, if I remember correctly and Scholes was one of their best players. They didn't come out in their kit.

Because UEFA had banned them from joining the lifting of the Cup. They changed the rules this season and let the suspended players join in lifting the cup.