Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever is at LW has possibly the most important role as they have to pin back both Robben and Lahm. Torres cannot do that for 90 minutes. Malouda is rubbish so let's just hope he doesn't start. Bertand has also been apparently playing at LW in training, plus he played there against Blackburn. I remember Mourinho did something like this so What's wrong if RDM does it?

Good opportunity for Bertrand if he starts at LW. Without Ramires, our team doesn't look that solid.

Got work now. Should finish at 3am. Gonna be an all nighter i think!

Will be the lonngest shift of my life.

Gona be singing Blue is the Colour all night long!

What an opportunity for Bertrand if he does start. Hope he makes the most out of it and doesn't shit his pants and bottle

It is a fucking travesty that Bertrand is already amongst the worlds better left backs. I'd have him in a heartbeat over second/third tier (first tier being Cole and Lahm exclusively) left backs like Evra, Marcelo, etc.

Not that I don't want Bertrand to be the best, of course I do, I'm just lamenting the incredible drop in defensive skill full backs have suffered over the years. Too many attack minded idiots like Marcelo and Bosingwa think they're Cafu, what they're forgetting is that the likes of Cafu and Roberto Carlos weren't utter wank at defending.

I think in the next 3-4 years, converted full backs (like Ivanovic and Gallas when he was with us, Thuram at Juventus) will become the general trend. These types are several magnitudes better at the defensive side of being a full back than those who have been full backs their whole lives, and don't offer significantly less going forward. Either that or we'll see defensive wingers e.g. Kalou and Ramires, that will put an end to this madness.

I think Bertrand MAY be a god idea, but due to inexperience It makes me unsure.

It's a big risk to play him midfield thats for sure. But him and Ash should be able to move up and down comfortably. Thing with Torres and Sturridge is lack of Defensive duties. Torres was woeful when he came on defensively vs Barca, Sturridge is the same. Bertrand would get back, that maybe is what we need.

If Bertrand does start then you just hope nerves won't affect him. Hopefully the experienced players will have a word with him before kick off.

I've been up for about an hour and I'm so nervous. I know for sure I'll be crying tonight but let's just hope it's tears of joy rather than out of misery.

I think Bertrand MAY be a god idea, but due to inexperience It makes me unsure.

It's a big risk to play him midfield thats for sure. But him and Ash should be able to move up and down comfortably. Thing with Torres and Sturridge is lack of Defensive duties. Torres was woeful when he came on defensively vs Barca, Sturridge is the same. Bertrand would get back, that maybe is what we need.

Torres is certainly poor in a defensive role but his workrate is unquestionable. Comparing him with Sturridge is unfair, at least Torres makes an effort to put himself in a position where he can defend.

It is a fucking travesty that Bertrand is already amongst the worlds better left backs. I'd have him in a heartbeat over second/third tier (first tier being Cole and Lahm exclusively) left backs like Evra, Marcelo, etc.

Not that I don't want Bertrand to be the best, of course I do, I'm just lamenting the incredible drop in defensive skill full backs have suffered over the years. Too many attack minded idiots like Marcelo and Bosingwa think they're Cafu, what they're forgetting is that the likes of Cafu and Roberto Carlos weren't utter wank at defending.

I think in the next 3-4 years, converted full backs (like Ivanovic and Gallas when he was with us, Thuram at Juventus) will become the general trend. These types are several magnitudes better at the defensive side of being a full back than those who have been full backs their whole lives, and don't offer significantly less going forward. Either that or we'll see defensive wingers e.g. Kalou and Ramires, that will put an end to this madness.

Apologies for going off topic but I think I may have answered my own question as to the death of full backs. Wingers these days are all goal oriented machines, all they want to do is cut inside and take a shot. It doesn't take a genius to defend against that.

This might make no sense but I believe in the power of the narrative and I think the narrative demands Torres start.

I'm a completley scientific, anti-gut feeling person. But in this case my gut is telling me Torres has to start.

I trust Robbie to make that judgement though.