Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Roughly - my French is a bit shitty) translates as:

Yeah, that's what the article says but the emphasis is that it says pourrait etre, doesn't really tell us a whole lot necessarily, the article is just speculating that with lampard gone chelsea will be looking for a new star midfielder and may go for him. The article kind of covered their asses.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has single handly driven Everton to wins with desire and energy

Charlie Adam did that for Blackpool, Ashley Young did that for Aston Villa etc. yet neither of them (more Charlie Adam since he plays a central role like Fellaini) really improved the teams they then moved to and they actually dropped performance-wise. Not every player will work in every team, as we know from Torres. Fellaini could be just the same.

Charlie Adam did that for Blackpool, Ashley Young did that for Aston Villa etc. yet neither of them (more Charlie Adam since he plays a central role like Fellaini) really improved the teams they then moved to and they actually dropped performance-wise. Not every player will work in every team, as we know from Torres. Fellaini could be just the same.

I get your point Leif and it's a good one, but neither of those players have talent even approaching Fellaini's.

I doubt anyone thought Ashley Young was good enough for United. I think he's shit and a cunt of the highest order.

Fellaini has world class potential.

@BelgoFoot

Re Fellaini, it seems Fellaini's people have agreement with #cfc but #efc still hope to keep him until the summer.

He knows his stuff, this is getting interesting.

Although, normally the English papers are the first to break the news.. seems a bit weird they're so slow.

British media is horrible, that's why.

They get a lot of things wrong, but they are normally the first to report something happening in the PL... literally no paper is reporting it..

You forget the British Media first reported our interest in Oscar, the Brazilian media followed, same with Hazard (although we took it as a pinch of salt until the french paper released the details of the move), Van Persie to united... i can keep on going.

They get a lot of things wrong, but they are normally the first to report something happening in the PL... literally no paper is reporting it..

You forget the British Media first reported our interest in Oscar, the Brazilian media followed, same with Hazard (although we took it as a pinch of salt until the french paper released the details of the move), Van Persie to united... i can keep on going.

But then british media also reported how we had got falcao, neymar, modric, can name another 20 players if need be.... They generally report everything so they generally will get something right through a law of averages, but it is weird there isn't a story from them yet as the first sign of anything and they will write it up. If Fellaini was once in the same room with a chelsea steward they would say we are in talks.

Outstanding? i have rarely ever seen anyone describe him as that when he played in the position. And if he really was outstanding then surely the 20m+ Everton would've wanted wouldn't be a problem and some club would have gotten him.

Marouane Fellaini is definitely one of the better midfielders in the world. His power, grit, aerial ability, goal scoring and ball winning is precisely what Chelsea need in the midfield particularly if we're going with the nippy little inventive players. Personally I feel he presents us with so many options tactically that it would be extremely hard for teams to prepare for us. We could go with Mikel and Luiz holding with Hazard, Fellaini and Moses for games where power is most needed for instance. Oscar, Fellaini holding and Hazard, Mata and Moses/Marin when we need more inventiveness.... This is just off the top of my head but Fellaini is much, much more than a DM, what he provides to a team is less about position and more about presence.

If we had a deep midfield maestro like Pirlo or Xabi as we don't have, Fellaini beside him would be a good option. Now, it wouldn't be the best piece of business because Everton won't sell for cheap. Still, I won't object if we do bring him because I've always rated him, and with Mikel going on AFCON, Romeu being injured and Lamps looking to leave, having Marouane wouldn't be that bad for the sake of squad depth.

He is PL proven and 25. Tough as a rock, great aerial ability and before moved forward, one of the best DMs in the league. Wouldn't be a bad transfer really.

Still I would rather have someone more technically gifted with better passing who can also do a good job in defending.

There aren't really any of those types available for a reasonable fee. And what also needs to be considered is we do have people coming though the ranks who could very well be that Pirlo, Xabi type... McEachran and Oscar, perhaps DeBruyne?

Think about what we could do from set pieces with Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Ba and Fellaini all potentially attacking headers at once? that could be very dangerous!

To be fair, l'Equipe is probably the single best sports news source out there. Usually very reliable.

(Roughly - my French is a bit shitty) translates as:

With Frank Lampard certain to leave, Chelsea are looking for a new midfielder, and it could be Marouane Fellaini. The 25 year-old Belgian international is expected to sign for five years with the European Champions before the end of the week. The player will earn Everton €27 million, and he will be paid €5 million a year himself. Yet Manchester United are thought to be in a position to match the Blues' offer.

Doesn't seem like it's a done deal then.

Euhm no. You pick a formation based on the players you have and the way you want to play then you analyse your team and look at what the team needs.

You just don't go around buying players who don't fit into your formation.

Spoken like a true FM player. :P

I agree though

Apparently Russ Wiseman of ESPN is reporting that Fellaini and Falcao will become Chelsea players soon.

Too good to be true, but if it happens i'll jump for joy and hope to not get stuck

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You