Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Romeu can't walk at the moment. Granted that wouldn't stop him being much worse than Mikel, but still I think he'd probably have some long-term problems if we played him in the next 6 months.

Mikel simply isn't good enough. Never has been, never will be.

And then there's unproven flavour of the month number one, all aboard the shiny bandwagon number 2....

Lampard isn't a deep lying playmaker. He's deep lying but he doesn't make enough plays. It's why we tried to replace him with Modric. Unfortunately we couldn't get him so we went for Oscar instead. Plus we have McEachran and De Bruyne. I'd rather try one of them in that role first, and admit we fucked up by not signing Fellaini 5 years ago.

He's one of very few players who has the ability to do what he does. He's also done it in the Premier League too and buying him has the added benefit of weakening a rival.

Lampard isn't a deep lying playmaker but we're and have been using him as one since last season. Tbf he's done alright, but he's old and will be leaving in a couple months.

And since Fellaini can't replace him, the only other position is DM. So 26m for a DM? when we already have 2 - whatever you say about Mikel, he's been doing the job for years now, stepped in for us when Essien was out for long periods, and was great in our run in the CL last season, certainly good enough for me.

By saying we need a playmaker says a lot about the failure of Mata and Co to create chances

It really doesn't. Madrid have Ronaldo-Ozil-Di maria but still very much need Xabi Alonso.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellaini did not look anything like a £15m player against Manchester City. He looked worth more as the young giant's transformation continued, helped by finally being played in the position Moyes bought him for.

He ruled Goodison Park from his favoured midfield anchor role on Saturday, giving a near flawless display that he capped with a Zinedine Zidane-style dragback that left Craig Bellamy chasing thin air and was afforded the accolade of a spontaneous and deafening standing ovation.

Bellamy was gracious enough to congratulate Fellaini on embarrassing him as the Belgianflourished once more away from the spot behind the striker that he occupied with mixed results last season.

Fellaini was assured in possession, instrumental at seeing and dealing with any City danger and posed a goal threat, particularly in the air as shown by one late header that was clawed on to the woodwork by Shay Given.

Gone was the player who could at times look a lost and lonely soul in games, replaced by a confident and dominating presence that helped Everton give City a going over that is not reflected in the scoreline.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2010/01/david_moyes_demonstrated_a_sur.html

Here's the problem I'm finding with a lot of the discussion on Fellaini - nobody seems to have a fucking clue about him before 2012 (and I'm being generous here. I honestly think some people don't have a fucking clue about him besides what they saw last night on FIFA).

Some people don't realise we've had a long association with this guy, that we've been scouting him for a long time and that we were in for him 5 years ago. Everton beat us to the punch. We fucked up.

We now need a quality DM. The discussion about Mikel after over 200 games suggests there's something wrong. I don't remember having the same discussion about Makelele so it's got fuck all to do with some astute minds in the game seeing something the others don't.

Fellaini has shown an ability to produce top quality performances over a consistent period in the anchor role. The problem is that it was a couple of years ago and a 14 year old hasn't cobbled together clips of it and added some fucking Coldplay to it so how on Earth are people supposed to have knowledge of it??

Capoue has youtube montages flowing out of every orifice, each more sparkly than the last so clearly he's the player we need.

From the same article you posted: "Gone was the player who could at times look a lost and lonely soul in games" like i said, i've seen him play in midfield many times for club and country and i've never been impressed with him like i have when he's played further up the field winning balls in the air and just dominating.

On Capoue, i have never seen him, but hear a lot of people talk of him, so i'm assuming he's good. There's no real concrete Chelsea interest yet for me to check him out.

Marouane Fellaini devrait être un joueur de Chelsea d'ici très peu de temps. Le milieu de terrain d'Everton a fait l'objet d'une offre de 27 millions d'euros par le club londonien, soit le montant de sa clause libératoire. Le Belge se serait aussi vu proposé un salaire annuel de 5 millions d'euros. Attention cependant, car Manchester United souhaiterait aussi faire signer Fellaini, et pourrait s'aligner sur l'offre.

Any of you...help us ?

Suggesting we could get Modric for a similar price is like saying we could get Jack Butland for a third of the price.
Modric went for about £33-35m and has struggled. If we are bidding £26m for Fellaini, surely we would be better served trying to get Modric for around £28-30m.

I don't get where Jack Butland comes into it - is it supposed to be some sort of joke or wise crack?!

Have you noticed that in the last few days we "closed deals" with 3 players? i would have been realy nervous and irritated if one of those players were in my "Chelsea Wishlist", but none of them is so i just hope at least 2 of those rumours are false.

And since Fellaini can't replace him, the only other position is DM. So 26m for a DM? when we already have 2 - whatever you say about Mikel, he's been doing the job for years now, stepped in for us when Essien was out for long periods, and was great in our run in the CL last season, certainly good enough for me.

Busquets would be at least £30 million, Makelele cost about £17 million when he was 30.

It's amazing that a midfielder who helped us finish 6th and produced 'that performance' against Juventus in this year's Champions League is 'good enough for me'.

He ain't good enough for me. I've spent the last 15 years watching players like Wisey, Deschamps and Makelele play for my club. Mikel isn't fit to lick their boots.

From the same article you posted: "Gone was the player who could at times look a lost and lonely soul in games" like i said, i've seen him play in midfield many times for club and country and i've never been impressed with him like i have when he's played further up the field winning balls in the air and just dominating.

It's an impressive feat to take an article that praises a young player (because he was young) for finally coming of age and dominating top opposition, and try and twist some words to fit your agenda.

Modric went for about £33-35m and has struggled. If we are bidding £26m for Fellaini, surely we would be better served trying to get Modric for around £28-30m.

I don't get where Jack Butland comes into it - is it supposed to be some sort of joke or wise crack?!

It's a reference to the fact that they're completely different players who do completely different things.

Suggesting we could buy Modric is like suggesting we could buy a keeper. Or 30 million Mars bars. Or the world's biggest, shiniest gold dildo.

It's got fuck all to do with the conversation. :banghead: :banghead:

Dear mods,

I fear I might be in serious danger of breaking this particular emoticon.

No-one's denying he's good. He is. But you don't just buy a player because he's 'good', you buy a player based on what the team needs. Chelsea don't need him.

This is exactly it. Fellaini is a very good player but he doesn't fit at Chelsea. His best position, no matter how he sees himself, is as an attacking midfielder. As a central midfielder, his passing is poor, he's mistake prone, and he fouls way too often. I don't understand why you would buy someone in order to play them in a position where they were worse.

I can see why, at this moment, it seems like a great idea. However I still think the club should be patient in the pursuit of a DM. I hate using this word, but we are in the 'transition' which means transfers shouldn't be done a. On panic & b. Without a second thought of who else might be out there.

Fellaini has the ability to walk into most squads and play nearly every game, but not this team, we're not set up for his type of game. And so to buy him for what's being reported, just for squad depth, is an injustice to both player and club.

I do agree with you mate, but if it happened I do believe it wouldn't be a bad transfer. He has a lot left in him and would balance out lack of defending Mata, Marin, Oscar, Hazard can't provide.

I was always for plugging the holes in January as cheap as possible and waiting for the summer to evaluate everything nicely.

Also considering we may get a new coach come summer, I would hope to avoid any major signings until then.

I see him as the new DM. That's what we saw him as when we were first interested (both at Liege and Everton) and that's where we have a need now.

If we're actually looking to use him as an attacking midfielder then the club are exhibiting levels of daftness that I didn't think they were capable of.

He could be our Busquets/Khedira depending on what formation we use going forward.

Say what ?

Sorry but your seriously overrating Fellaini as a DM.

This is exactly it. Fellaini is a very good player but he doesn't fit at Chelsea. His best position, no matter how he sees himself, is as an attacking midfielder. As a central midfielder, his passing is poor, he's mistake prone, and he fouls way too often. I don't understand why you would buy someone in order to play them in a position where they were worse.

I think you're completely wrong about what his best position is. His passing is fine, especially for someone who plays in an advanced position and lays the ball off a lot either with his head or with a lot of pressure on him.

He's no more mistake prone than Mikel is. In fact I don't think he's made enough mistakes to be called mistake prone.

Defensive midfielders foul. Makelele fouled a lot. Wisey fouled a lot. Fellaini's disciplinary record is not any different from other players in his position.

You're simply regurgitating common misconceptions about him.

Marouane Fellaini devrait être un joueur de Chelsea d'ici très peu de temps. Le milieu de terrain d'Everton a fait l'objet d'une offre de 27 millions d'euros par le club londonien, soit le montant de sa clause libératoire. Le Belge se serait aussi vu proposé un salaire annuel de 5 millions d'euros. Attention cependant, car Manchester United souhaiterait aussi faire signer Fellaini, et pourrait s'aligner sur l'offre.

Any of you...help us ?

Everton: Fellaini is close to Chelsea

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 10:50

Marouane Fellaini should be a Chelsea player in a very short time. The Everton midfielder has been the subject of an offer of 27 million euros by the London club, the amount of his release clause. The Belgian is also been offered an annual salary of € 5 million. Be careful though, as Manchester United would also like to sign Fellaini, and could align supply.

En savoir plus: http://www.sport.fr/football/premier-league-everton-fellaini-se-rapproche-de-chelsea-293909.shtm#ixzz2HV1Xgn9N

[quote name="The only place to be" post="582155" timestamp=")

It's a reference to the fact that they're completely different players who do completely different things.

Suggesting we could buy Modric is like suggesting we could buy a keeper. Or 30 million Mars bars. Or the world's biggest, shiniest gold dildo.

It's got fuck all to do with the conversation. :banghead: :banghead:

Dear mods,

I fear I might be in serious danger of breaking this particular emoticon.

Ridiculous comment - there both midfielders to be used for the pivot. Yes they are different in styles which is why I suggested Modric over Fellaini because I see him as a better fit to what we are trying to achieve.

Likening that to comparing Fellaini and Butland makes you look like a complete tool because someone dare question if Fellaini would fit in well.

I'm not denying he's good, I'm just saying for that money there are possibly better options.

Ridiculous comment - there both midfielders to be used for the pivot. Yes they are different in styles which is why I suggested Modric over Fellaini because I see him as a better fit to what we are trying to achieve.

Likening that to comparing Fellaini and Butland makes you look like a complete tool because someone dare question if Fellaini would fit in well.

I'm not denying he's good, I'm just saying for that money there are possibly better options.

They offer different things in that role, like Mikel and Lampard or Luiz and Lampard.

Modric would be a good option if we went with Mikel, but that doesn't seem to be the plan if we're continuing our pursuit of Fellaini.

I have no problem with people questioning whether he would fit in. It's simply not being aware of where he would probably fit in that draws my ire somewhat. I apologise if you thought I was rude but I feel like I'm repeating the same points over and over.

Modric would be a good option if we went with Mikel, but that doesn't seem to be the plan if we're continuing our pursuit of Fellaini.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'went with Mikel' but I'm assuming you mean Modric playing alongside Mikel. And I agree with you there, it would work very well.

But why would Chelsea hand Mikel a new 5 year contract then buy Fellaini to replace him as our starting DM? Again, I'm not entirely sure what you mean but that scenario makes no sense.

After Mikel signed a new contract, that suggest one of two things:

- Fellaini would provide competition for Mikel

- Chelsea are intending to use Fellaini in role higher up the pitch

I'm not sure what you mean by 'went with Mikel' but I'm assuming you mean Modric playing alongside Mikel. And I agree with you there, it would work very well.

But why would Chelsea hand Mikel a new 5 year contract then buy Fellaini to replace him as our starting DM? Again, I'm not entirely sure what you mean but that scenario makes no sense.

Why would Chelsea not secure any player with potential value to a long-term contract?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You