Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Oh well, no matter his price, style and this being January, I am almost 90% sure he would be a massive success here. Not ideal but really, Romeu with a serious injury, Mikel with AFCON and not AMAZING games recently, Ramires and Lampard until the end of the season? And with Lampard leaving at the end of the season? I would welcome Fellaini with open arms, and I have still not lost hope for the PL!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous comment - there both midfielders to be used for the pivot. Yes they are different in styles which is why I suggested Modric over Fellaini because I see him as a better fit to what we are trying to achieve.

Likening that to comparing Fellaini and Butland makes you look like a complete tool because someone dare question if Fellaini would fit in well.

I'm not denying he's good, I'm just saying for that money there are possibly better options.

why do ppl keep repeating "pivot?!" This can change at any time, especially when new players are signed--never adapt players to the formation, but the formation to the players you've got.

Why would Chelsea not secure any player with potential value to a long-term contract?

It's possible. And yes, Mikel does have sell-on value but in this case it seems to me that the board have faith in Mikel moreso than they want to sell him. I'm sure that time will come in the future when the board decide they want to sell him, but I doubt it would be in the next three or four years.

Fellani positives

Premier league experience

Height

Wins a lot of knock downs for team mates (could lead to assists)

has a knack for scoring crucial goals

Physically present to score a lot of corners

Nice hair

Another belgium team mate for hazard

Versatile, can play DM, CM, AM, and second striker roles

Negatives

Makes a few misplaced passes, similar to luiz

could collect a few cards with that aggressiveness

A good signing. At least we wont be bullied like against westham again.

I stopped reading after this! Imagine it now, him and luiz distracting the opposing players with their hair swag! maybe witsel could join too!

Everton: Fellaini is close to Chelsea

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - 10:50

Marouane Fellaini should be a Chelsea player in a very short time. The Everton midfielder has been the subject of an offer of 27 million euros by the London club, the amount of his release clause. The Belgian is also been offered an annual salary of € 5 million. Be careful though, as Manchester United would also like to sign Fellaini, and could align supply.

En savoir plus: http://www.sport.fr/football/premier-league-everton-fellaini-se-rapproche-de-chelsea-293909.shtm#ixzz2HV1Xgn9N

Thanks. That´s the way I like it. Anyone saying Fellaini would not be good for Chelsea just makes me laugh my hardest.

Thanks. That´s the way I like it. Anyone saying Fellaini would not be good for Chelsea just makes me laugh my hardest.

A lot of players would be good for Chelsea but that doesn't mean we should sign every one of them. The focus should be on the club's needs.

why do ppl keep repeating "pivot?!" This can change at any time, especially when new players are signed--never adapt players to the formation, but the formation to the players you've got.

Euhm no. You pick a formation based on the players you have and the way you want to play then you analyse your team and look at what the team needs.

You just don't go around buying players who don't fit into your formation.

I think you're completely wrong about what his best position is. His passing is fine, especially for someone who plays in an advanced position and lays the ball off a lot either with his head or with a lot of pressure on him.

He's no more mistake prone than Mikel is. In fact I don't think he's made enough mistakes to be called mistake prone.

Defensive midfielders foul. Makelele fouled a lot. Wisey fouled a lot. Fellaini's disciplinary record is not any different from other players in his position.

You're simply regurgitating common misconceptions about him.

No. You're just wrong. Fellaini's pass percentage is around 79% that's what it was last year as well when he was playing as a central midfielder. That is poor for a central midfielder. (Arteta's was 88%, Ya Ya Toure's 90%,). Where Fellaini excels is in the air where he is elite and and in making lots of tackles where he is very good but fouls way too often. And no, Fellainai's fouls are not normal. He has more fouls than anyone in the Premier league per game this season, led that category last year as well, was 10th in the Premier League the year before, and was second the year before that. And he's much more mistake prone than Mikel who is not mistake-prone at all. .

A lot of players would be good for Chelsea but that doesn't mean we should sign every one of them. The focus should be on the club's needs.

To focus on the club´s needs, I agree. It´s just Chelsea´s management feels he could be used well at Chelsea & I agree.

The season is long & laborious. Someone like him will fit there, just fine.

For someone to say, he is not needed, it makes me wonder what games he has been watching, has he seen him play at all ?

What I have seen of him, he was very instrumental in Everton´s success this season.

he would be useful for stoke etc thats true, but its chicken and egg.

By saying we need a playmaker says a lot about the failure of Mata and Co to create chances, and of course, a lot more about the failure of Torres to create chances himself and indeed finish any chances, get into the right positions and take more shots. His single handed failure to score then puts us under pressure as we are left to wondering where the goals are going to come from.

Hopefully Ba, will prove the missing link adn just what we have missed from a striker, making runs, taking shots, following in etc etc.

We need a play maker for when we are starved of the ball and need a plan B to create chances.

We need Fellaini to help us get control in midfield and drive forward. Lets face it, Mikel is not going to improve now is he? Romeu is still unknown and Josh could take years before he reaches "chelsea" level.

I wouldnt say mata and hazard arent creating chances, but to help those two improve even more, they need to have more of the ball. Meaning more possesion football will improve both mata and hazard and a deep playmaker like benat will improve that massively

To focus on the club´s needs, I agree. It´s just Chelsea´s management feels he could be used well at Chelsea & I agree.

The season is long & laborious. Someone like him will fit there, just fine.

For someone to say, he is not needed, it makes me wonder what games he has been watching, has he seen him play at all ?

What I have seen of him, he was very instrumental in Everton´s success this season.

You're missing the point completely. He may be very instrumental to Everton's success this season, but that does not mean that Chelsea needs him. It simply means that a lot of fans want him.

Shane Long has been instrumental to West Brom's success this season, does that mean Chelsea need him? No. The same could be said for many other players in the league. We have our own system and other clubs have theirs.

The season may be long and laborious but that is nowhere close to being a good enough reason alone to sign Fellaini.

No. You're just wrong. Fellaini's pass percentage is around 79% that's what it was last year as well when he was playing as a central midfielder. That is poor for a central midfielder. (Arteta's was 88%, Ya Ya Toure's 90%,). Where Fellaini excels is in the air where he is elite and and in making lots of tackles where he is very good but fouls way too often. And no, Fellainai's fouls are not normal. He has more fouls than anyone in the Premier league per game this season, led that category last year as well, was 10th in the Premier League the year before, and was second the year before that. And he's much more mistake prone than Mikel who is not mistake-prone at all. .

Benat's is about 79% this season too. Capoue's is 81%. You're not taking into account the position he's playing in and what he's asked to do.

Fouls come with the territory. In fact his disciplinary record this season is pretty good. As for Mikel not being mistake prone, Juventus and Liverpool come to mind straight away. You and I just disagree over what would be just for Chelsea and you rely way too much on stats in my opinion. I also think you misrepresent a lot of things to suit your agenda.

And that'll have to be my last say on the matter as I have to get off to the game.

You're missing the point completely. He may be very instrumental to Everton's success this season, but that does not mean that Chelsea needs him. It simply means that a lot of fans want him.

Shane Long has been instrumental to West Brom's success this season, does that mean Chelsea need him? No. The same could be said for many other players in the league. We have our own system and other clubs have theirs.

The season may be long and laborious but that is nowhere close to being a good enough reason alone to sign Fellaini.

Well, I feel you are missing the point. Fellaini is a very good footballer & he will fit very well at Chelsea, if signed.

Just one thing I like to ask you. Do you know better than the management of Chelsea as to whom to sign or not ? Don´t be ridiculous. I trust Chelsea instead of most of posters here, sorry.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You