Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

No-one's denying he's good. He is. But you don't just buy a player because he's 'good', you buy a player based on what the team needs. Chelsea don't need him.

We need Benat realy. Everything else will be just bonus. But Fellaini would add lot to our team as he offers something we dont have. We want to play nice football but dont forget that we are still english team and sometimes you need to play hardball in england. Fellaini is perfect for that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still nof sure why are we linked with him. Do we really need a another anchorman ? We have romeu and mikel for that . We need to get somebody who can play next to them.

1. Romeu Out for 6 months.

2. Mikel out for the ACON.

3. Mikel isn't Good enough.

Well, I feel you are missing the point. Fellaini is a very good footballer & he will fit very well at Chelsea, if signed.

Just one thing I like to ask you. Do you know better than the management of Chelsea as to whom to sign or not ? Don´t be ridiculous. I trust Chelsea instead of most of posters here, sorry.

First of all, Fellaini is a very good player but what suggests that he will fit very well at Chelsea?

Secondly, where did I imply that I know better than the Chelsea board? Please, show me where I said or even implied that. I simply said that just because Fellaini is great at Everton, it does not mean he will be great here.

Quite simply, you've resorted to a childish argument in saying that I think I know better than the Chelsea board. We're all entitled to our opinions here and I may disagree with you, but that does not mean I know better than the board. So please, don't be so insulting.

First of all, Fellaini is a very good player but what suggests that he will fit very well at Chelsea?

Secondly, where did I imply that I know better than the Chelsea board? Please, show me where I said or even implied that. I simply said that just because Fellaini is great at Everton, it does not mean he will be great here.

Quite simply, you've resorted to a childish argument in saying that I think I know better than the Chelsea board. We're all entitled to our opinions here and I may disagree with you, but that does not mean I know better than the board. So please, don't be so insulting.

May I but for the last time. CHELSEA MANAGEMENT feels that way. Therefore, the interest to buy him. Certainly, I do not feel you know better than them. Also, your opinion is well taken, have it, post it here just do not try to convince anyone of it.

May I but for the last time. CHELSEA MANAGEMENT feels that way. Therefore, the interest to buy him. Certainly, I do not feel you know better than them. Also, your opinion is well taken, have it, post it here just do not try to convince anyone of it.

You can't possibly know that for sure. How do you know how the Chelsea board feels? Is it Mr Emenalo in disguse that I'm talking to?

1. Romeu Out for 6 months.

2. Mikel out for the ACON.

3. Mikel isn't Good enough.

I thought mikel signed a new contract a few months ago which mean our board want him here.

I understand getting another player to cover for injuries but not 20 million for just cover. If he can play next to mikel/romeu then I am fine with it but he can't so if we sign fellainI and asuming lampard leave next season, our mid is going to be:

Romeu/mikel/fellaini - ramires for next season

You can't possibly know that for sure. How do you know how the Chelsea board feels? Is it Mr Emenalo in disguse that I'm talking to?

OK the end is here. Chelsea management knows better than you or I as to what the team needs. See you.

Euhm no. You pick a formation based on the players you have and the way you want to play then you analyse your team and look at what the team needs.

You just don't go around buying players who don't fit into your formation.

not sure where the disagreement is... the fact is that unless you are going to buy 11-15 players at once, your formation MUST work with the players you current have at your disposal.

Over time you can tune by letting some go and signing some players, but if the formation you've got isn't working, change it!

Just find it strange not to want to sign a good/excellent player because he may not be perfect for this double-pivot role.

Euhm no. You pick a formation based on the players you have and the way you want to play then you analyse your team and look at what the team needs.

You just don't go around buying players who don't fit into your formation.

Errrrr thats exactly what Chelsea have done for years now and the crux of our problem. Its managers who pick tactics and implement strategy and at Chelsea that all started to unravel when Roman got in Sheva, who Mourinho didnt want or need.

Ditto Torres and a number of others.

We have now splashed cash on a number of players who sole job it was to get Torres firing. That has failed.

All managers since Mourinho have tried to change the system but been largely to play the Mourinho style and players with a few tweaks here and there

--------------Cech--------------

azpi----iva----------terry----cole

-------fellaini------luiz-----------

---------------mata--------------

Oscar------Ba/Torres-----hazard :D

Why do you have Ba/Torres? Its Ba no Torres.

--------------Cech--------------

azpi----iva----------terry----cole

-------fellaini------luiz-----------

---------------mata--------------

Oscar------Ba/Torres-----hazard :D

Oscar on the wing doesn't work imo. When we play hazard and oscar on the wings, we don't use those wings properly.

And Torres/Ba ? You must be kidding.

To be fair, l'Equipe is probably the single best sports news source out there. Usually very reliable.

Frank Lampard sur le départ, Chelsea cherche un milieu de terrain. Il pourrait être Marouane Fellaini. L'international belge de 25 ans devrait signer cinq ans chez le champion d'Europe dans la semaine. Le joueur, qui rapporterait 27 millions d'euros à Everton, y gagnerait cinq millions d'euros annuels. Manchester United songerait cependant à s'aligner sur l'offre des Blues pour remporter le morceau.

(Roughly - my French is a bit shitty) translates as:

With Frank Lampard certain to leave, Chelsea are looking for a new midfielder, and it could be Marouane Fellaini. The 25 year-old Belgian international is expected to sign for five years with the European Champions before the end of the week. The player will earn Everton €27 million, and he will be paid €5 million a year himself. Yet Manchester United are thought to be in a position to match the Blues' offer.

We need Benat realy. Everything else will be just bonus. But Fellaini would add lot to our team as he offers something we dont have. We want to play nice football but dont forget that we are still english team and sometimes you need to play hardball in england. Fellaini is perfect for that.

Of course, something I've preached for a while. However Fellaini doesn't offer a plan B, which is where hardball tactics would come in, he's a tangent of plan A, which I think would cause the team more harm, with imbalance, than it would good.

This is my personal opinion, I can tell most disagree and to be fair I hope I am wrong in my predictions. However I just won't believe it until I see him play for us and see how he fares and how the team do.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You