The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

It's the FUT customers who have ruined the game tbh.

They focus all their attention on FUT because they are literally raping the buyers banks.

Then modes like career mode and pro clubs suffer .

I don't spend a cent on FUT. And I play clubs everyday too.

However, its the same with EVERY single online multiplayer game ever..of course pay to play gets more attention. I just don't see how it's ruined the game..There's a reason why it's FIFA's most popular mode.

I don't know about you, but I get bored of using the same teams or vs'ing the same teams in online seasons, so I play FUT and play with different players.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ai on fifa was always shit because you cant take the ball from players on legendary/world class, while any other lower level is too easy.

I thought it was only me, good to know that the actual difference between levels is this huge. I played one level lower - boring, easy wins. One level higher - clearly fixed games to create drama and whatnot, nearly impossible to win the ball and can do fuck all tactically to improve on that. Shitloads of posts from long shots, too often to be realistic.

Also tactics in FIFA are non-existent. For example when I tell my DM not to get forward at all, he still goes forward like a winger at times leaving me exposed. My lines were always too far from each other and AI teammates left moronic holes everywhere. Needless to say I feel much more in control tactically in PES.

Pes is poor nowdays aswell, nice graphics but gameplay is not even close to fifa.

I think you mixed them up. FIFA = nice graphics, poor gameplay, PES = exactly the opposite.

About online mode. I played FIFA World online quite a lot, but their servers were simply horrible. I was testing FIFA World to see if I maybe wanted to buy FIFA 15 to play online, but if World was any indication, then I feel sorry for FUT players.

I don't spend a cent on FUT. And I play clubs everyday too.

However, its the same with EVERY single online multiplayer game ever..of course pay to play gets more attention. I just don't see how it's ruined the game..There's a reason why it's FIFA's most popular mode.

I don't know about you, but I get bored of using the same teams or vs'ing the same teams in online seasons, so I play FUT and play with different players.

I think UT would be an excellent mode if you could earn coins quicker. They take the absolute piss out of you with how many coins you win for tournements and single matches.

Pro clubs is my favourite mode and I have played it since fifa 10. The mode hasn't improved in the slightest since fifa 10. They just made gk's and that's it.

This is because they don't give a shit about that mode as it doesnmt bring them in another billion dollars ffs.

You pay £50 for a game then go and spend more on it just to play with team that has a mixture of the players you like. That is the corporate industry bending us over. So i refuse to pay and play it!

I thought it was only me, good to know that the actual difference between levels is this huge. I played one level lower - boring, easy wins. One level higher - clearly fixed games to create drama and whatnot, nearly impossible to win the ball and can do fuck all tactically to improve on that. Shitloads of posts from long shots, too often to be realistic.

Also tactics in FIFA are non-existent. For example when I tell my DM not to get forward at all, he still goes forward like a winger at times leaving me exposed. My lines were always too far from each other and AI teammates left moronic holes everywhere. Needless to say I feel much more in control tactically in PES.

I think you mixed them up. FIFA = nice graphics, poor gameplay, PES = exactly the opposite.

About online mode. I played FIFA World online quite a lot, but their servers were simply horrible. I was testing FIFA World to see if I maybe wanted to buy FIFA 15 to play online, but if World was any indication, then I feel sorry for FUT players.

Maybe its just me but graphics are better on PES, while Fifa has better gameplay, at least when not playing against AI.

About the servers, I was unable to connect about twice a month due to their maintenance, but I cant realy complain. Usualy when I connected, the play was smooth.

Pro Players have been playing FIFA because it WAS the best game, until the next generation of consoles arrived. I have been playing FIFA for quite a long time, when PES games were really bad. But since FIFA 14 I was really furious with those lobbed pass, and very tight matches decided by poor defending and lack of control.

I played FIFA 15, and I was shocked about EA approach in that edition. The game was really arcadish, and way too fast. There was no midfield at all, and a decent player could easily past the defense and find himself in front of the goal, then the scripting would decide if you would score, hit the post, or the GK would make a impossible defense.

I got so frustrated, because with PES almost out of the game, that was a strange direction for my taste, then I stopped playing football games. Then I decided to play PES 2015 demo, after ignoring it for months. That was a completely different experience, and for many times in years I got the feeling I had full control of my team. Bought the game, but it was far from perfect, since it was rough in many aspects.

Played PES 2016 demo, and I could play for hours enjoying the game play. I tried FIFA 16 demo, and I got that strange feeling again, that I don't have full control.

Yes, FIFA is an easy game to master, specially with scripting and handicap. For many times I faced opponents that are 5 divisions below, and its hard to believe the guy is that good playing for such a low division. Then I check his past results, just to see if he is actually someone who just bought the game and is running to the top. Actually no, he just lost his past 5 games, and is stuck in that division since 50 games ago.

I'm not saying FIFA is crap, and you can't have any fun, but its a game designed to sell millions of copies and to praise the casual gamers who don't have any patience or time for tactics and complex defending, and just want to choose Real Madrid, or any other team of the moment, like Bayern and Borussia in recent years, and make lobbed passes to Ronaldo and Bale, who would run until they find the net. I'm no saying you don't understand about tactics, but since FIFA 14, there was hints that EA was looking for a more minimalist approach, and since FIFA 15 that approach was exaggerated.

When I talked about difference men and boys, I don't know how old you are, but 10 to 15 years ago, FIFA was considered a game for those who don't understand about football. I'm afraid since FIFA 15, the series is moving in that direction again.

PES 2016 is probably the football game I most enjoyed since the old PES 6.

But I understand you, its not easy to switch between games, and even when FIFA was the superior game, many Pro Evo players refused to give the game a chance due to years of arcade gameplay. The same thing is happening now, many people refuse to play Pro Evo and keep saying FIFA is the superior game, even if FIFA 15 for PS4 is a completely different animal from FIFA 10, and PES 2016 is not PES 2010.

People should be more open minded about games. FIFA will keep outselling PES with a big difference, for years to come, but I'm sure PES will gain ground, specially with football aficcionados.

Well indeed you are right about tactics. The play is scripted, sometimes when I pick full defensive, both CBs are in middle of pitch, sometimes when I pick full attack, the team defends perfectly with high pressure than in another game I get completely exposed. I do hate the fact that majority of players pick Real or team with fast wingers and all they do is lob the shit out of game, but unless the game is entirely scripted, I have learned how to defend against almost any tactic. Sometimes when they press you like mad, only you can do is stay back, cover etc and wait for chance, but it can get boring if you dont know how to defend or enjoy doing it. Sometimes the guy completely overruns me, but I manage to do about 10 last man tackles and he gets furious as fuck haha. That way, some games can get very epic with lots of fun, and thats what its all about for me. I dont realy play fifa much these days tho, mostly during weekends when we get together etc.

I agree fifa is mostly kick and run, you cant do much tacticaly, but its also about opponent. I mainly play with friends and we are quite good at it, but we actualy play creative and not take advantage of lob passing or headers abuse that was in FIfa 14.

I never realy gave chance to PES, except for the early days, but ever since ps3 came, I only played FIFA, PES maybe twice a year.

Btw the best way of playing defensive is to go with 3:5:2 and a strong team like Italy NT, no fucker gets past you if you know how to defend. I think Fifa gained alot when they brought tactical defending too, its more dificult to learn and you have to position yourself well, the legacy defending was pure shit tbh. Holding x and defender did it all for you.

Played PES 2016 demo, and I could play for hours enjoying the game play. I tried FIFA 16 demo, and I got that strange feeling again, that I don't have full control.

Exactly how I felt. I played FIFA 16 demo and I found myself agreeing with the poster who said this is FIFA 15.1. I also noticed that FIFA was very fast when I first moved from PES, played on slow game speed. Then I got used to it and play with normal speed, but now with PES I understand how unrealistic and over the top that was and the pace of the game is much more realistic now. PES has its faults of course, but overall the enjoyment from gameplay is much bigger. Master League is also much more in depth now than it was/is in FIFA.

I'm just looking for a game that keeps me entertained and enjoying every minute I'm on there. I do not venture online as their are too many fucking idiots about, and if I do it's to play people I know.

The amount of grievers that just pause the game every time you score is what put me off playing online as well. I enjoy career mode the most.

I think UT would be an excellent mode if you could earn coins quicker. They take the absolute piss out of you with how many coins you win for tournements and single matches.

Pro clubs is my favourite mode and I have played it since fifa 10. The mode hasn't improved in the slightest since fifa 10. They just made gk's and that's it.

This is because they don't give a shit about that mode as it doesnmt bring them in another billion dollars ffs.

You pay £50 for a game then go and spend more on it just to play with team that has a mixture of the players you like. That is the corporate industry bending us over. So i refuse to pay and play it!

Agreed! On top of all that, the fixed price bracket for a player is just ridiculous. No way can you trade your way up to an awesome team..again, comes back to your point of EA fucking us over.

It is awesome when you come up against an obvious coin buyer and beat them..sshh celebrations and all three replays everytime!

You're right, pro clubs needs a serious make over! Only thing they've really changed is no offline boosting..A.I needs a wake up call