The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just purely based on the demo it's FIFA 15.1

I dunno tbf, At first i was like nah shit, but after playing it a few times ive started to notice some changes, in the passing, defending, build up play and shooting all seem better for me. And i like the fact that you are backed up by you team mates at the back. The only issue i have with the demo so far is that free kicks are way to soft

FIFA is crap. PES is crap.

I'm left with nothing.

I want to make sweet love to The Last of Us.

Last of ys us amazing. The new star wars game and Mad Max look badass too.

I've never played PES extensively but this demo is so sick I'll probably switch over. I think it's amazing, tbh.

I dunno tbf, At first i was like nah shit, but after playing it a few times ive started to notice some changes, in the passing, defending, build up play and shooting all seem better for me. And i like the fact that you are backed up by you team mates at the back. The only issue i have with the demo so far is that free kicks are way to soft

PES is smoother and the ai is more intelligent. The runs they make, the defending. Only problem is balls over the top, they don't really get through, they're just annoying.

Last of ys us amazing. The new star wars game and Mad Max look badass too.

I've never played PES extensively but this demo is so sick I'll probably switch over. I think it's amazing, tbh.

PES is smoother and the ai is more intelligent. The runs they make, the defending. Only problem is balls over the top, they don't really get through, they're just annoying.

Haven't seen any footage of Star Wars but I did see some of Mad Max, and I agree it does look good.

I can't play a football game in which GKs very often fail at making the most basic of saves. They're terrible. And PES still has an old and outdated feel to it. I wish they'd just start from scratch because it feels like they're using the same old engine to me. There are also some other issues I have with the game but those are my main gripes.

Haven't seen any footage of Star Wars but I did see some of Mad Max, and I agree it does look good.

I can't play a football game in which GKs very often fail at making the most basic of saves. They're terrible. And PES still has a old and outdated feel to it. I wish they'd just start from scratch because it feels like they're using the same old engine to me. There are also some other issues I have with the game but those are my main gripes.

Fair enough. I'm not very good at video games not named call of duty or fifa, so i keep my options limited. But look up Star wars, looks insane.

FIFA 16 looks very good imo.

Agree that it's nigh on impossible to win the ball back from the opposition. I've won nearly all my matches playing on the counter.

Anybody else having a hard time scoring? Had like 5 straight 0-0 encounters.

Otherwise can't wait for the full game.

Dont get me wrong, but PES 2016 is the closest you will get of the real thing. The gameplay is really complex, and its easy to understand who is new to the series won't enjoy the gameplay. Its not like FIFA, that even someone who never played it before will master the controls after a couple of games.

Online experience is unique. While in FIFA, many matches are decided by scripting and ridiculous handacap (in the firt moments of the game I knew if I was going to win, lose, or if I really had any chance). For example, in FIFA if you are facing a very weak oponent, sometimes he will survive the entire match without even conceding a goal, in PES if you don't know exactly whay you are doing, you opponent can easily score 6 or 7. Its a very intense game from beginning to end, but I'm not taking about the lobbed pass war or pace abuse we see in FIFA 2014 and 2015.

I played FIFA demo, and had that feelling that I didn't have full control of my players, and thats a little weird.

FIFA series became too big, so you have to understand the series must pay attention to casual gamers who don't have any patience to tactics and complex gameplay, and just want to score a hat trick with Ronaldo.

FIFA is very flat in terms of tactics. In FIFA 14 I had a big problem with Chelsea defense playing high line, and that was a big problem because I was a easy prey for Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale (80% of online player were playing with a very overpowered Real Madrid). No matter how hard I tried, even parking the bus, for many times Terry and Cahill will be almost in the midfield.

Since PES 2015 we have many tactical options available.

PS4 version let you import full kits, so now I have full licensed PL, even though the game was released with last season squads, and an uptade is expected only next week.

Konami football games were kings of the genre untill the end of PS2 era. FIFA was a joke of arcadish game. Since the genre was introduced to XBOX 360 and PS3 era, FIFA changed things and was clearly the best game available. I played some PES games in XBOX 360 and they were incredibly awful. Sometimes they came up with games that all you could do was run faster than your opponent, while in some editions the gameplay was erally heavy.

In this generation PES became the best game again, as long as gameplay is concerned.

Since I'm coming from South America, I have to admit the attention PES is paying to our region is really cool. FIFA put so much effort on European leagues and they just forget the rest. For example, in FIFA we have all PL Stadiums, but there is not a single Brazilian one and all the players have generic faces and incredibly poor stats. Its just ridiculous, because some players that have for example, 62 overall, will jump to 78 in the next game if they transfer to an european team.

Perfect example is Oscar, who was probably a 71 player and appeared in FIFA 13 with 80 just because he moved to Chelsea in that transfer window.

But the gameplay is really the best thing here, I mean, its probably the best football game I have ever played.

Dont get me wrong, but PES 2016 is the closest you will get of the real thing. The gameplay is really complex, and its easy to understand who is new to the series won't enjoy the gameplay. Its not like FIFA, that even someone who never played it before will master the controls after a couple of games.

Online experience is unique. While in FIFA, many matches are decided by scripting and ridiculous handacap (in the firt moments of the game I knew if I was going to win, lose, or if I really had any chance). For example, in FIFA if you are facing a very weak oponent, sometimes he will survive the entire match without even conceding a goal, in PES if you don't know exactly whay you are doing, you opponent can easily score 6 or 7. Its a very intense game from beginning to end, but I'm not taking about the lobbed pass war or pace abuse we see in FIFA 2014 and 2015.

I played FIFA demo, and had that feelling that I didn't have full control of my players, and thats a little weird.

FIFA series became too big, so you have to understand the series must pay attention to casual gamers who don't have any patience to tactics and complex gameplay, and just want to score a hat trick with Ronaldo.

FIFA is very flat in terms of tactics. In FIFA 14 I had a big problem with Chelsea defense playing high line, and that was a big problem because I was a easy prey for Ronaldo/Benzema/Bale (80% of online player were playing with a very overpowered Real Madrid). No matter how hard I tried, even parking the bus, for many times Terry and Cahill will be almost in the midfield.

PS4 version let you import full kits, so now I have full licensed PL, even though the game was released with last season squads, and an uptade is expected only next week.

Konami football games were kings of the genre untill the end of PS2 era. FIFA was a joke of arcadish game. Since the genre was introduced to XBOX 360 and PS3 era, FIFA changed things and was clearly the best game available. I played some PES games in XBOX 360 and they were incredibly awful. Sometimes they came up with games that all you could do was run faster than your opponent, while in some editions the gameplay was erally heavy.

In this generation PES became the best game again, as long as gameplay is concerned.

Since I'm coming from South America, I have to admit the attention PES is paying to our region is really cool. FIFA put so much effort on European leagues and they just forget the rest. For example, in FIFA we have all PL Stadiums, but there is not a single Brazilian one and all the players have generic faces and incredibly poor stats. Its just ridiculous, because some players that have for example, 62 overall, will jump to 78 in the next game if they transfer to an european team.

Perfect example is Oscar, who was probably a 71 player and appeared in FIFA 13 with 80 just because he moved to Chelsea in that transfer window.

But the gameplay is really the best thing here, I mean, its probably the best football game I have ever played.

Agree my friend, I used to be a PES fanboy, but some of their shit releases made me go to FIFA and I have been ever since. Yesterday installed PES 2016 thanks to excellent reviews and I was amazed by the vast improvement in gameplay compared to previous releases that made me ditch the series. On the other hand FIFA 16 demo felt like 15 with some added gloss and glimmer here and there, but no substantial improvement as I could recognize the nuances that dragged the playing experience down for me to be still present in 16.

PES is the way to go this year.

Good post this fella, enjoyed reading that.

I'm really close to buying PES for the first time in a lot of years.

Whoever plays fifa against AI is lame. Its meant to be played against real person, its where it actualy gets interesting and funny.

Thats why I dont know why people test demos so much and make opinions. Ai on fifa was always shit because you cant take the ball from players on legendary/world class, while any other lower level is too easy. Not to mention demos are not exactly the finished product either.

I had mixed feelings every time i played fifa demo, 13, 14, 15 or 16, but once I played full version on online, it was great.

Fifa online race from division 10 to 1 wins.

Pes is poor nowdays aswell, nice graphics but gameplay is not even close to fifa.

Whoever plays fifa against AI is lame. Its meant to be played against real person, its where it actualy gets interesting and funny.

Thats why I dont know why people test demos so much and make opinions. Ai on fifa was always shit because you cant take the ball from players on legendary/world class, while any other lower level is too easy. Not to mention demos are not exactly the finished product either.

I had mixed feelings every time i played fifa demo, 13, 14, 15 or 16, but once I played full version on online, it was great.

Pes is poor nowdays aswell, nice graphics but gameplay is not even close to fifa.

I've played the demo with a real person lots of times and it's a great game.

Not sure what you mean. If Ai is shit on FIFA, then its a problem with the game. I love playing against real person both online and offline. Football games are not meant to be played against real person, they are meant to be played the the way you want. For me, and for many people around, career mode has always been one of the major modes in any football game.

By the way, few people care about the opponent while playing a demo, since what really matters is how your team feels on the pitch. Demo is not the finished version, but the core game is there, few things change.

Despite some problems, as bad referees and some bad gkeeping in MyClube (version of FUT), gameplay wise, PES 2016 is the superior game, as long as we are talking about real football. For people who like arcadish football, easy game to master and scripted excitiment and that gives a shit for complex tactics, then FIFA is the choice.

I think we are back in the old days when FIFA and PES was the difference between boys and men.

Not sure what you mean. If Ai is shit on FIFA, then its a problem with the game. I love playing against real person both online and offline. Football games are not meant to be played against real person, they are meant to be played the the way you want. For me, and for many people around, career mode has always been one of the major modes in any football game.

By the way, few people care about the opponent while playing a demo, since what really matters is how your team feels on the pitch. Demo is not the finished version, but the core game is there, few things change.

Despite some problems, as bad referees and some bad gkeeping in MyClube (version of FUT), gameplay wise, PES 2016 is the superior game, as long as we are talking about real football. For people who like arcadish football, easy game to master and scripted excitiment and that gives a shit for complex tactics, then FIFA is the choice.

I think we are back in the old days when FIFA and PES was the difference between boys and men.

To each his own. For me playing against real person is the real thing. Its all about having fun and who is better. The AI wont compare to real person for a while, no matter how much focus is on. While Fifa is terrible on AI, Pes is alot better, I almost never play against AI, but only either divisions, online friendly or with my friends on same console. Thats what fifa is all about for me. To have fun not just with the game but also with friends...I used to play single and career mode in past, but once I started multiplayer, I dont even play single anymore. On fifa 15, it took me till this summer to try single mode and that only because I had problems with internet connection for whole week lol. But the unrealistic AI made me quite pissed.

I dont play Fut either and only try the career mode but it ruins it for me when unrealistic transfers happen all the time.

I have to say pes is alot better compared to last year, also the graphics are on point, but maybe Im just used to play fifa, however I prefer their gameplay. Once you get to know how to defend and play tactical (be patient), it gets great.

I do hate that games are sometimes fixed, thats absolute bullshit and hopefuly 16 will improve on that. Thats the only thing why I actualy dislike fifa, everything else is almost perfect.

Not sure where you are getting with pes is for men and fifa for boys. Pro players have been playing fifa for ages, its simply the better game.

After all, I dont realy care if its "easier to learn", whoever plays fifa regulary will 90% beat new player and if not, it makes it more interesting. If it was so easy, try get amateur to reach first division, it will probably take him quite a while.

Its all about enjoying it; thats why its called a game. And fifa is more enjoyable, at least for me and big percentage of players. Everybody that I know prefers fifa aswell, the decision is simple realy. If there was no multiplayer I would probably ditch fifa long time ago...

The demo is NEVER like the full game..ever. Gameplay is always different.

Time for FUT/seasons to take me soul away once again

It's the FUT customers who have ruined the game tbh.

They focus all their attention on FUT because they are literally raping the buyers banks.

Then modes like career mode and pro clubs suffer .

To each his own. For me playing against real person is the real thing. Its all about having fun and who is better. The AI wont compare to real person for a while, no matter how much focus is on. While Fifa is terrible on AI, Pes is alot better, I almost never play against AI, but only either divisions, online friendly or with my friends on same console. Thats what fifa is all about for me. To have fun not just with the game but also with friends...I used to play single and career mode in past, but once I started multiplayer, I dont even play single anymore. On fifa 15, it took me till this summer to try single mode and that only because I had problems with internet connection for whole week lol. But the unrealistic AI made me quite pissed.

I dont play Fut either and only try the career mode but it ruins it for me when unrealistic transfers happen all the time.

I have to say pes is alot better compared to last year, also the graphics are on point, but maybe Im just used to play fifa, however I prefer their gameplay. Once you get to know how to defend and play tactical (be patient), it gets great.

I do hate that games are sometimes fixed, thats absolute bullshit and hopefuly 16 will improve on that. Thats the only thing why I actualy dislike fifa, everything else is almost perfect.

Not sure where you are getting with pes is for men and fifa for boys. Pro players have been playing fifa for ages, its simply the better game.

After all, I dont realy care if its "easier to learn", whoever plays fifa regulary will 90% beat new player and if not, it makes it more interesting. If it was so easy, try get amateur to reach first division, it will probably take him quite a while.

Its all about enjoying it; thats why its called a game. And fifa is more enjoyable, at least for me and big percentage of players. Everybody that I know prefers fifa aswell, the decision is simple realy. If there was no multiplayer I would probably ditch fifa long time ago...

Pro Players have been playing FIFA because it WAS the best game, until the next generation of consoles arrived. I have been playing FIFA for quite a long time, when PES games were really bad. But since FIFA 14 I was really furious with those lobbed pass, and very tight matches decided by poor defending and lack of control.

I played FIFA 15, and I was shocked about EA approach in that edition. The game was really arcadish, and way too fast. There was no midfield at all, and a decent player could easily past the defense and find himself in front of the goal, then the scripting would decide if you would score, hit the post, or the GK would make a impossible defense.

I got so frustrated, because with PES almost out of the game, that was a strange direction for my taste, then I stopped playing football games. Then I decided to play PES 2015 demo, after ignoring it for months. That was a completely different experience, and for many times in years I got the feeling I had full control of my team. Bought the game, but it was far from perfect, since it was rough in many aspects.

Played PES 2016 demo, and I could play for hours enjoying the game play. I tried FIFA 16 demo, and I got that strange feeling again, that I don't have full control.

Yes, FIFA is an easy game to master, specially with scripting and handicap. For many times I faced opponents that are 5 divisions below, and its hard to believe the guy is that good playing for such a low division. Then I check his past results, just to see if he is actually someone who just bought the game and is running to the top. Actually no, he just lost his past 5 games, and is stuck in that division since 50 games ago.

I'm not saying FIFA is crap, and you can't have any fun, but its a game designed to sell millions of copies and to praise the casual gamers who don't have any patience or time for tactics and complex defending, and just want to choose Real Madrid, or any other team of the moment, like Bayern and Borussia in recent years, and make lobbed passes to Ronaldo and Bale, who would run until they find the net. I'm no saying you don't understand about tactics, but since FIFA 14, there was hints that EA was looking for a more minimalist approach, and since FIFA 15 that approach was exaggerated.

When I talked about difference men and boys, I don't know how old you are, but 10 to 15 years ago, FIFA was considered a game for those who don't understand about football. I'm afraid since FIFA 15, the series is moving in that direction again.

PES 2016 is probably the football game I most enjoyed since the old PES 6.

But I understand you, its not easy to switch between games, and even when FIFA was the superior game, many Pro Evo players refused to give the game a chance due to years of arcade gameplay. The same thing is happening now, many people refuse to play Pro Evo and keep saying FIFA is the superior game, even if FIFA 15 for PS4 is a completely different animal from FIFA 10, and PES 2016 is not PES 2010.

People should be more open minded about games. FIFA will keep outselling PES with a big difference, for years to come, but I'm sure PES will gain ground, specially with football aficcionados.