The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Job done for Barca, but wow Ajax, amazing job :clap:, all credit to them for taking the game to Juventus, amazing season this young Ajax team is having in europe, already knocked out the defending champions Real Madrid and Juventus, you can only imagine if they didnt sell their best players they would probably return to the old glory days of Ajax in europe. Goodluck to them for the rest of the competition.

Hats off to Ajax!!! Loved the way bunch of young guns coupled with some experience have fought with determination and have come victorious against the big ones. What was impressive is that they havent sulked under pressure when playing against the big names ... like how United did last night against Barca. Currently lot of teams should get inspired (us included) from Ajax on the way they took the fight to their opposition. 

7 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

7 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

This man deserves another Champions league and Ballon d'or. If that award was given to the best player, Messi would have had 10 in a row by now.

The problem with Messi is he is consistently good. His the best player I have seen. This will definitely offend plenty of people but I honestly don't even compare him to Ronaldo. He is at completely different level. 

Messi deserves to win Ballon dOr, it's been a long time since his last time. So really happy CR got knocked out.

Next I want fuckin' City knocked out, so they don't come any closer to us in European comps success. Come on Spurs!

31 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Barca will knock them out if Porto don't, and Citeh for the PL.

If I were a betting man, I will bet pool over barca. This pool team is designed to beat team like barca. High pressing and with lightning quick front 3. It is like the perfect combination against Barca. Of course there is Messi factor but they will concede goals even before Messi can wave his magic feet. 

28 minutes ago, communicate said:

If I were a betting man, I will bet pool over barca. This pool team is designed to beat team like barca. High pressing and with lightning quick front 3. It is like the perfect combination against Barca. Of course there is Messi factor but they will concede goals even before Messi can wave his magic feet. 

If the 2nd leg is at Camp Nou and goes according to plan the Victims will be asking for a minutes silence later at Anfield

12 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

@Vesper in your opinion, what is the best scenario in the semis and final?

I pick

Shitty over Ajax

Barca over Victimpool 

Shitty over Barca unless Shitty get key injuries AND Barca have completely healthy, 100% game fit Umtiti and Dembele back and tearing shit up. Then, depending on Shitty injury(s) would lean to Barca.

Super close either way as they have Messi. I just cannot see Barca MF and back 4 (especially if no Umtiti) dealing with Shitty pace and strength. But Messi could go off for a hat truck or more, then it is Barca's.

Damn shame Messi didn't switch to Spain National team as a young lad. He would have a WC and EU trophy and we could easily put to bed who is greatest footballer ever. He needs a WC. 2022 is last chance and Argentina doesn't look like a great team atm.

Messi is scoring goals at a faster rate than Ronaldo (will most likely overtake him soon) ,assists more than Ronaldo (actually has more career assists in fewer games), creates way more chances than Ronaldo (Messi almost always top of the pile for key passes), dribbles much better than Ronaldo (therefore creates spaces for teammates and can destabilize an entire defense on his own). Messi is a far more dangerous offensive weapon and a much better player. Always has been. It's actually a mini travesty that both of these players are put in the same category all the time by some football enthusiasts. Messi's only real competition is Pele and there are legitimate arguments he's beyond the legendary Brazilian as well.