The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

I watched the game. Real were better in the first half and then had a lot of useless possession and De Gea made one fantastic save, but most of their chances were long shots. ManU certainly did not "park the bus".

De Gea made 3 or 4 saves in the 2nd alone. You were not watching the game, be honest.

De Gea made 3 or 4 saves in the 2nd alone. You were not watching the game, be honest.

Nah his only real safe was that on coentrao in the 1st half other than that it was all easy safe. His "spectacular" safe with his leg was easy safe, coentrao did not hit the ball cleanly

I miss jose in press conferences so much. 100 times better than the BS drone we have as our manager in press conferences.

Mourinho is by far the best at giving press conferences. Scolari's portuguese ones are hilarious, but Jose's are still better!

Whatever you like I do not care. REAL had many more chances that Manure !

Just pay attention next time or read the stats now.

REAL 22 shots MAnure 11

REAL shots on goal 11 Manure 6

REAL 3 saves Manure 9

Learn, read & then comment!

Wow, you're annoying and you've changed the actual argument. In your condescending fashion, let me explain some things to you:

1) Not all shots are equal. Real had a lot of long range efforts. ManU didn't.

2) The team with more shots, more possession, more chances doesn't always deserve to win.Are the only games that deserve to be draws ones where the possession is 50-50 and the shots are even? Real were better than ManU but not by a lot.

3) Goaltenders are part of the team so a keeper that makes a great save or three isn't lucky, it's him doing his job. If a defender blocks a shot, that's part of the game.

4) Actual shots on goal were 8 to 6.

5) You originally claimed that ManU parked the bus which is what we were disagreeing about. They didn't. When we did it against Barcelona and Bayern, we put 10 men behind the ball. We even started the game against Bayern with a defender on the wing. ManU started with 3 strikers in their formation. They managed a number of excellent scoring opportunities Not every team that plays at all defensively parks the bus.

6) Telling people who disagree with you that they didn't watch the game just makes you look like an arrogant idiot.

Wow, you're annoying and you've changed the actual argument. In your condescending fashion, let me explain some things to you:

5) You originally claimed that ManU parked the bus which is what we were disagreeing about. They didn't. When we did it against Barcelona and Bayern, we put 10 men behind the ball. We even started the game against Bayern with a defender on the wing. ManU started with 3 strikers in their formation. They managed a number of excellent scoring opportunities Not every team that plays at all defensively parks the bus.

I think bushman need to watch our game against bayern/barca one more time to see park the bus tactic.

note: btw how do I make busman name become a pointer to his name ?

Rvp will probably end up rueing that chance he had when he was 1 on 1 6 yards out and scuffed it... Real were the better team but man u did have a number of good chances as well and in the end were unlucky not to be leading 2-1. Still fancy Madrid though but it will be another interesting game. I fancy another draw and it wouldn't be too weird to see this going to pens after another 1-1.

1) Not all shots are equal. Real had a lot of long range efforts. ManU didn't.

2) The team with more shots, more possession, more chances doesn't always deserve to win.Are the only games that deserve to be draws ones where the possession is 50-50 and the shots are even? Real were better than ManU but not by a lot.

3) Goaltenders are part of the team so a keeper that makes a great save or three isn't lucky, it's him doing his job. If a defender blocks a shot, that's part of the game.

4) Actual shots on goal were 8 to 6.

6) Telling people who disagree with you that they didn't watch the game just makes you look like an arrogant idiot.

Let me educate you once more.

De Gea played his game of his life. In the 1st half REAL were clearly the better team. Had several chances to score more goals.

In the 2nd Manure only dropped deeper & deeper as the match wore on & De Gea´s evening became increasingly hectic as a result. In other words Manure played " park the bus " tactics & waited on the counter.

Centrao was denied for a second time when lucky De Gea block his shot with his legs.

In my opinion REAL were a better team & deserved to win.

Nonetheless nothing is decided yet. We need to wait & see in Manchester.

The header by Christiano was just pure class. Absoloutly majestic. It will go down as one of those sporting moments. I think this will be one of the classic archival fotos that newspapers will pull out one day to describe the legacy of Ronaldo at least at Madrid. I hated him when he was playing at United, but since Madrid his game got so much more classy, in a way.

It was an amazing game to watch for a neutral (although i was hoping United would get roundly fucked), I was even a bit nervous because of the excitement.

David De Gea baffles me. He pulls out some of the most amazing saves in one match and still he doesn´t look convincing to me. I know the stats, I saw the saves, but still wouldn´t I want to have him in nets. His save with the legs for example, it looks very good and reassuring if it comes off, but I think it doesn´t show signs of confidence. It looks too improvised. Difficult to judge, fine line between maniac and genious.

I think United will have the edge now at OT although they have been leaky as a civil servant on confident data due.

it was boring

I agree, it was a disappointing game.

I understand why Dortmund was winning their group with the way Real and Manchester City play.

Very disappointed in the way Real played. Ozil is much better with Germany when there are more movements and runs around him.

Manchester defended deep but they weren't that good defensively I thought. If Real had plays with three players, one running, another one on link-up and an other one running in their back, they could have had many opportunities.

Barça would have trashed Manchester United with the space they would have had on the ball.

Manure may have been outplayed for much of the game, but showed spirit, character I must add.

In the 2nd half Manure were holding out for the draw & it worked for them.

Since, I believe REAL are capable to score at Manchester, therefore nothing is decided yet.

After watching replay of Ronaldo´s header, I must admit I saw a phenomenal jump. His knee was almost as high as Evra´s head.

According to some stats Ronaldo´s jumping ability are even better than most of NBA basketball players, just amazing.

What other footballer can jump as high as him, one might ask ?