The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

After watching replay of Ronaldo´s header, I must admit I saw a phenomenal jump. His knee was almost as high as Evra´s head.

According to some stats Ronaldo´s jumping ability are even better than most of NBA basketball players, just amazing.

What other footballer can jump as high as him, one might ask ?

Yes, hes an incredible athlete but I am yet to see a better header than Didier's. That might never happen.

Yes, hes an incredible athlete but I am yet to see a better header than Didier's. That might never happen.

After watching replay of Ronaldo´s header, I must admit I saw a phenomenal jump. His knee was almost as high as Evra´s head.

According to some stats Ronaldo´s jumping ability are even better than most of NBA basketball players, just amazing.

What other footballer can jump as high as him, one might ask ?

Big D might not have Ronaldo's jump but when he hit it raced like a bullet! Munich memories!

Many may disagree with me but Ronaldo to me is an athlete par excellence.

No-one's going to disagree with you. He's one of the finest pure athletes this game has had in the last couple of decades and that's simply a sign of his dedication to his sport, which people sometimes want to ignore as they paint him as a diva or arrogant.

He's football's Lebron James - a genetic (although there have been whispers) freak who is physically head and shoulders above the competition.

Compare him to Wayne Rooney - a lucky chav who spends his off-seasons smoking and drinking whilst cheating on his wife.

Let me educate you once more.

De Gea played his game of his life. In the 1st half REAL were clearly the better team. Had several chances to score more goals.

In the 2nd Manure only dropped deeper & deeper as the match wore on & De Gea´s evening became increasingly hectic as a result. In other words Manure played " park the bus " tactics & waited on the counter.

Centrao was denied for a second time when lucky De Gea block his shot with his legs.

In my opinion REAL were a better team & deserved to win.

Nonetheless nothing is decided yet. We need to wait & see in Manchester.

Wow, you're annoying and you've changed the actual argument. In your condescending fashion, let me explain some things to you:

1) Not all shots are equal. Real had a lot of long range efforts. ManU didn't.

2) The team with more shots, more possession, more chances doesn't always deserve to win.Are the only games that deserve to be draws ones where the possession is 50-50 and the shots are even? Real were better than ManU but not by a lot.

3) Goaltenders are part of the team so a keeper that makes a great save or three isn't lucky, it's him doing his job. If a defender blocks a shot, that's part of the game.

4) Actual shots on goal were 8 to 6.

5) You originally claimed that ManU parked the bus which is what we were disagreeing about. They didn't. When we did it against Barcelona and Bayern, we put 10 men behind the ball. We even started the game against Bayern with a defender on the wing. ManU started with 3 strikers in their formation. They managed a number of excellent scoring opportunities Not every team that plays at all defensively parks the bus.

6) Telling people who disagree with you that they didn't watch the game just makes you look like an arrogant idiot.

You

can't win the game in the first match - two very good managers - I

expected it to be tight and Man U to deliberately break up play and try

to expose Reals poor defence... Looked exactly like that...

Utd will feel better bringing them to OT with home fan support

It's 50/50 and can see Utd sneaking this ;)

First of all guyz, I respect all of your opinions but if u break the game down into stages clearly Madrid were the better side. The first 20 mins Manure were all over the place that 'against the run of play' goal gave them confidence. What I hate even more is how Fergie and Manure scum keeping ranting on about how they are the masters of attacking football! HOW HAS ANYTHING THEY HAVE PLAYED THIS SEAON BEEN ATTACKING FOOTBALL! They say set pieces are not their thing but they rely on only 2 things Man United:

• Luck: In yesterday's game they were outplayed as I said if u break the game down into stages there is no point in the game where Manure looked like they were in control of things. If Madrid had scored the goal they deserved in the first 20 minutes and Manure hadn't scored. Madrid would have been 2-0 up or more by 30 minutes and the inexperience and shitty man utd side would just crumble and the stadium would be rocking making it an even tougher atmosphere to play in. Moreover, Man United didn't have any 'quality' play (as they brag about how they are the masters of attacking). Their goal was a fluke bcoz of some atrocious defending and the Van Pussy double chance was again some shit defending. No one tracked his run (and I think he was offside anyways not so sure about that tbh). Also Cassilas would have knocked the shot that hit the post out for a corner or even caught it! They were so lucky yesterday! They were playing against the THIRD CHOICE keeper! On top of that maybe Casillas would have done something about Welbeck's header. UTD didn't do anything special it was just that Madrid were so poor and despite being so poor they still dominated UTD and deserved to have been 2-0 up by 30 minutes which would have put the tie to bed!
  • Referees: He didn't favour UTD much, but this is the other factor that has resulted in UTD's success so far. Van Pussy could have been sent off. So could have Rafael and Jones! So 3 players survived red for them (not saying that they SHOULD have been given red but I am surprised that all of them survived). MADRID HAD A CLEAR PENALTY and a free kick near the end of the half.

And also Manure DESERVE to be cheated or beaten by bad luck once in a while as they made fluking past teams and robbing teams an art.

Also Muzchap do you really thing they will have 'fan support' at Old Trafford their fans r too plastic to give a Bernabeu like atmosphere ;p. The GSP stadium here has a capacity of 22,000 and when last year Apoel was in the UCL and went to the last 8 GSP did 50 times more noise than Old Trashford can ever do. I think a friend of mine who lives in the area near the stadium (It's still a few KM away from GSP) could hear the Apoel fans singing anti-Lyon songs! Incredible! It'd be gr8 if we got that at SB too.

Seriously, why is this idiot a reporter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj7h8yXcC9I

As long as reporters satisy Fergie. They keep their jobs.

No-one's going to disagree with you. He's one of the finest pure athletes this game has had in the last couple of decades and that's simply a sign of his dedication to his sport, which people sometimes want to ignore as they paint him as a diva or arrogant.

He's football's Lebron James - a genetic (although there have been whispers) freak who is physically head and shoulders above the competition.

Compare him to Wayne Rooney - a lucky chav who spends his off-seasons smoking and drinking whilst cheating on his wife.

and they they say Ronaldo is arrogant.....

Many may disagree with me but Ronaldo to me is an athlete par excellence.

One of the best athletes I wouldn't be surprised if he made a career in athletics as well

As they say: the only place to be...at Ronaldo´s ranch.

@nish

have I not posted last night that REAL were much better team especially in the 1st half ? Yes, I have. What happened ?

Well, some yodeler from Austria galloped in & attacked me.

Today, all I read is about De Gea´s heroic saves, just I pointed it last night.

I believe, all of us here should be entitled to post the way we see it, That´s all folks.

@nish

have I not posted last night that REAL were much better team especially in the 1st half ? Yes, I have. What happened ?

Well, some yodeler from Austria galloped in & attacked me.

Today, all I read is about De Gea´s heroic saves, just I pointed it last night.

I believe, all of us here should be entitled to post the way we see it, That´s all folks.

Haha you're such a fucking idiot ;)

Honeslty - go eat some geese and play with beavers - FACT: Worst Canadian ever ;)

I thought Man U played well in an away leg... I'm entitled to that opinion - so go fuck yourself ;)

Honeslty - go eat some geese and play with beavers - FACT: Worst Canadian ever ;)

I thought Man U played well in an away leg... I'm entitled to that opinion - so go fuck yourself ;)

Here you go again. Insults & more insults. As I said & read very carefully! Go & play with your schnitzels.

Those blinky faces after saying "fuck yourself" and "idiot" creep me out haha

Also Muzchap do you really thing they will have 'fan support' at Old Trafford their fans r too plastic to give a Bernabeu like atmosphere ;p. The GSP stadium here has a capacity of 22,000 and when last year Apoel was in the UCL and went to the last 8 GSP did 50 times more noise than Old Trashford can ever do. I think a friend of mine who lives in the area near the stadium (It's still a few KM away from GSP) could hear the Apoel fans singing anti-Lyon songs! Incredible! It'd be gr8 if we got that at SB too.

Hey Nish... I don't think it's so much the fans - I think OT is a VERY LUCKY PLACE for Man U - that's what I mean... Sure their fans are 'Prawn Sandwich Brigade' ;)

But, how many important games have Man U won by a fluke bounce or something just breaking for them... I guess that's why it's called 'Home Advantage'...

Sure Technically RM have the better players - but as we've seen - grit and determination with a gulf in class can be hard to overcome!

RM played well and it could have been 5-2 to them on the night... DeGea played well (about time) - but also RVP choked a bit - is he going to be another Thierry Henry :P

So looking forward to the next leg... As an Englishman - gotta support English clubs, even though I'm obviously not a big fan of Manure.... ;)

Here you go again. Insults & more insults. As I said & read very carefully! Go & play with your schnitzels.

All mouth and no substance for you though ;)

I may live in Austria - but even for your poorly educated, primative little 'Beaver Brain' - I'm actually English - so schnitzels are not my thing... ;)

Despite of it, just yodel then.

LOL - English people don't Yodel.... ;) That's mostly Swiss by the way... Austrians are too busy drinking schnapps and shooting things :P - mostly Swiss Yodelers ;) and I'm encouraging them to start looking out for Canadians with a gold tooth and a big hat :P :p

At the end of the day - I love our insult swaps - always makes me smile @ work!

So cheers! :D

LOL - English people don't Yodel.... ;) That's mostly Swiss by the way... Austrians are too busy drinking schnapps and shooting things :P - mostly Swiss Yodelers ;) and I'm encouraging them to start looking out for Canadians with a gold tooth and a big hat :P :P

At the end of the day - I love our insult swaps - always makes me smile @ work!

So cheers! :D

Since you are a lowlife, no wonder you like insults.