The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Maureen is at it again LMAO. He'll be out of the door next season 100% Hard to believe this loon was given a new contract by the daft United board. But I guess its just more compensation money for him and his agent Mendes. 

But I read yesterday after they won against pool that Mou has done a fantastic job with this United. 

For me United has been a disappointment. I don't see this united as top 4 team. At bare minimum they have to be contender but city is running away with the league and losing to Seville who is not exactly world beater is not acceptable. 

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

But I read yesterday after they won against pool that Mou has done a fantastic job with this United. 

For me United has been a disappointment. I don't see this united as top 4 team. At bare minimum they have to be contender but city is running away with the league and losing to Seville who is not exactly world beater is not acceptable. 

This Sevilla loss was very similar to our loss in the Champions league vs PSG in 2015. Park the bus like crazy in Paris and look clueless with the ball in London.

Mourinho has been irrelevant in Europe for almost a decade now (since 2010 precisely). Have no idea how this guy is still in hot demand and considered "one of the best".

If not for his impressive marketing team and good agent i'm sure as hell he won't. 

6 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Mourinho has been irrelevant in Europe for almost a decade now (since 2010 precisely).

Jason posted this in Mou thread:

Mourinho since winning the Champions League in 2010:

2010/11 - SF
2011/12 - SF
2012/13 - SF
2013/14 - SF
2014/15 - R16
2017/18 - R16

He was in the semis 4 times in a row since 2010, how is that being irrelevant for a decade?

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Didn't spend enough cash:ph34r: Couldn't happen to a nicer club and man, fucking laughed hard last night watching them fall apart in front of 70k+:lol:

Pogba:lol: Sanchez:lol:

I am unable to make myself laugh at that, because we aren't any better. We might be falling apart in front of 100k, hope not.

9 hours ago, manpe said:

Jason posted this in Mou thread:

Mourinho since winning the Champions League in 2010:

2010/11 - SF
2011/12 - SF
2012/13 - SF
2013/14 - SF
2014/15 - R16
2017/18 - R16

He was in the semis 4 times in a row since 2010, how is that being irrelevant for a decade?

did you see the football his teams played in those semifinals or to get there? He literally parked the bus with the most expensively assembled team ever and went out of his way to injure Barcelona players. No one remembers those teams for football reasons other than their thuggish play. And the 2013/14 run he had with us was one of the most uninspiring in Champions league history. The Ancelotti goes there and with more of less the same core wins the Champions league. Then Zidane does the same, both playing much better football. 

He literally fluked a win against PSG with a lucky Ba goal despite creating virtually nothing and parked the bus in the semi's against a Simeone team for 90 minutes

That's what i mean by irrelevant. 

It was great watching BT last night and that frog lipped toss pot Rio Ferdinand nearly crying over the quality of football that City are playing.

People talk about how far City are ahead, and they are, but what is also massively apparent is how much United have spent and still haven't improved.

3 hours ago, manpe said:

I am unable to make myself laugh at that, because we aren't any better. We might be falling apart in front of 100k, hope not.

But people expected us to. Think most myself included thought be going into the 2nd leg playing for pride.. Whereas Man U oh they have a good chance for final etc.. 

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

But people expected us to. Think most myself included thought be going into the 2nd leg playing for pride.. Whereas Man U oh they have a good chance for final etc.. 

The fact that we are expected to lose overwhelmingly to anybody is in general very telling and far from what we strived for.

6 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Wonder how far arsenal will go... Guess helps knowing they win this champions league and all

Imagine 5 of the other big 6 make it into the Champions League next season and we're the only one in the Europa League! :rant:

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Imagine 5 of the other big 6 make it into the Champions League next season and we're the only one in the Europa League! :rant:

Yeah like Wenger's going to outsmart Simeone :lol: