The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Bg3wqmBCQAAeskQ.jpg

:D :D

Lol the media really bumming Jose's quotes hard!!! Makes you wonder at the ease of publishing this stuff - if they wanted to say it all along and now Jose has opened the floodgates :)

It's hilarious really that Jose in 8 months has destroyed the English media and now Pellegrini and Wenger are taking all the heat :)

Wonder what he has up his sleeve for Rodgers ;)

You do realize those were clear red card fouls, don't you? What has Uefa to do with Iniesta being such a genius to trigger that superb pass, lazy Monreal to lose his man and Szczesny to foul Robben? Arjen is one of my favourites players and thank God he wasn't injured by Szczesny, that was a reckless challenge and it could have ended with a horror injury.

I Agree with you about the red cards(more or less) but we know that the penalty Barca got wasn't a penalty. And the UEFA talk wasnt about today or yesterday, the long run counts. Barcelona 09', not forgotten. Barcelona 2010 vs Inter, not forgotten. Barcelona 2011 vs RMA, not forgotten. Its getting a little obvious now that some games are rigged(not saying that these three i mentioned were rigged but you may never know, it lookes like this.). Malaga and Fenerbahce got banned because of match fixing. Then we have Bayern, a pretty humble club until Guardiola arrived. Supercup 2013, Ramires gets a red card that in my opinion should never happen'd. Maybe it's the hate i have towards these clubs and Guardiola that blinds me with these things but it's not like UEFA are saints, we all know that not everything is square and fair. If you think so then (you as in general, not actualy you) you should get our of your room and start living outside of your walls because the whole world is fucking corrupted.

Lol the media really bumming Jose's quotes hard!!! Makes you wonder at the ease of publishing this stuff - if they wanted to say it all along and now Jose has opened the floodgates :)

It's hilarious really that Jose in 8 months has destroyed the English media and now Pellegrini and Wenger are taking all the heat :)

Wonder what he has up his sleeve for Rodgers ;)

Lol I don't think jose will hurt rodgers. They respect each other

Lol I don't think jose will hurt rodgers. They respect each other

I never say never with Jose :) - I can see Rodgers trying to do something and then Jose flooring him... Will be fun to see.

I also remember how fickle the Scouse fans were - Rodgers ain't good enough, blah, blah... Now look at em ;)

I was on the Ozil train ever since his second Madrid season, but the more I watch him, the more he looks like a team cancer. Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of talent, but he has one big mental block... Wanker attitudes, disappears from the games, doesn't really defend, his stamina is awful... Now I honestly don't understand how he lasted so long under Mou.

In case some of you are still in doubt, the rules say:

" denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick " Page.67

So yes it is a foul and it is a red. The red card is fair according to the rules but the fact that it should be changed is another thing. By the way in my opinion Robben would have got that ball no matter what. He has a quick feet and I think he would have got hold of that ball.

P.s: Interesting fact: Both today's and yesterday's game involved English teams that got a red card in a stadium named after a Middle-eastern airline with the first goal coming at the 54 minute mark...

In case some of you are still in doubt, the rules say:

" denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick " Page.67

So yes it is a foul and it is a red. The red card is fair according to the rules but the fact that it should be changed is another thing. By the way in my opinion Robben would have got that ball no matter what. He has a quick feet and I think he would have got hold of that ball.

P.s: Interesting fact: Both today's and yesterday's game involved English teams that got a red card in a stadium named after a Middle-eastern airline with the first goal coming at the 54 minute mark.....

lol.So know it is not Middle-easterns fault? Not say page 67? :D

Looking forward to Swansea v Napoli tonight. Garry Monk v Rafa Benitez. It just feels so odd. :lol:

I was on the Ozil train ever since his second Madrid season, but the more I watch him, the more he looks like a team cancer. Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of talent, but he has one big mental block... Wanker attitudes, disappears from the games, doesn't really defend, his stamina is awful... Now I honestly don't understand how he lasted so long under Mou.

Maybe because he does it better and more consistently under Mourinho?

difference between Chelsea:

10 men against Barca score 2-0: game finished 2-2

10 men against Bayern score 1-1: game finished 2-2

and City:

10 men against Barca score 0-0: game finished 0-2

and Arsenal:

10 men against Bayern score 0-0: game finished 0-2

My 2 cents:

There is a reason for the "last man” rule: it’s so we don’t end up watching goals from Pks all the time, as defenders and Gks would always go for the foul to exchange a sure goal for a penalty kick.

The red cards were not accidents! They were caused by attacking movement. They were forced errors, not mere “mistakes.”
Odds are Arsenal and City wouldn’t have had players sent off were they playing Hull at home….