The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

spurs 0 0 at ht but enjoyable game ,,,,very open ...

My 2 cents:

There is a reason for the "last man” rule: it’s so we don’t end up watching goals from Pks all the time, as defenders and Gks would always go for the foul to exchange a sure goal for a penalty kick.

The red cards were not accidents! They were caused by attacking movement. They were forced errors, not mere “mistakes.”
Odds are Arsenal and City wouldn’t have had players sent off were they playing Hull at home….

at Manure ..they wouldnt even have been penalties ,,,both attackers booked for diving

if you didnt watch Spurs tonight ,,you missed a treat ,, They lost 1 0 but it was football a neutral LOVES ,,both teams on all out attack ,,

could have been 5 5 ,, friedel was world class ,, and even the officials were top class ,, ok defending was poor and finishing was worse ,,but

there was two teams wanting to score and creating chances ,,, Football as it used to be ,, Im converted to the Europa league

if you didnt watch Spurs tonight ,,you missed a treat ,, They lost 1 0 but it was football a neutral LOVES ,,both teams on all out attack ,,

could have been 5 5 ,, friedel was world class ,, and even the officials were top class ,, ok defending was poor and finishing was worse ,,but

there was two teams wanting to score and creating chances ,,, Football as it used to be ,, Im converted to the Europa league

I cannot imagine what your opinion about world cup game

I did not.

WC game tends to be even cagier than any ucl/epl game

it wasnt always so ,, I saw the 66 final and other games,,, Football was once about scoring goals ,, now its keeping a clean sheet ,, Chess is a great game to play

but fucking awful to watch

it wasnt always so ,, I saw the 66 final and other games,,, Football was once about scoring goals ,, now its keeping a clean sheet ,, Chess is a great game to play

but fucking awful to watch

Elder people are just a gift for younger people, the bold part was nothing short of a beautiful description of what you were trying to say.

On topic: WTF is happening to English team? I am rooting for them all and they all let me down :(

Elder people are just a gift for younger people, the bold part was nothing short of a beautiful description of what you were trying to say.

On topic: WTF is happening to English team? I am rooting for them all and they all let me down :(

thanks but wait till next week ,,,The Ottoman empire will be destroyed and the Ginger Twat will get a lucky win

Really impressed with Swansea's performance tonight against Napoli. Took the game to them, especially in the first half, and created a number of really good chances in which they should have scored from. They really should have but 0-0 still isn't exactly a bad result. A score draw will do for them in Italy next week. As for Napoli, they played like a typical Benitez team tonight. Rather uninspiring despite the quality in their starting XI.

None of the Premier League teams won in Europe this week. Four played, 1 draw and 3 losses with none of them scoring. Somewhat shocking. And 20 European matches (Champions League and Europa League) played this week and there have been 10 away wins, 8 draws and only 2 home wins.

Also, there were two cracking goals tonight.

Soriano for RB Salzburg against Ajax (can't believe they won 3-0!)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vexMTIQm-g

And Quaresma (remember him?) for Porto against Eintracht Frankfurt...

http://youtu.be/DmnmKPRVRIY

Edited by BluesMaster

Really impressed with Swansea's performance tonight against Napoli. Took the game to them, especially in the first half, and created a number of really good chances in which they should have scored from. They really should have but 0-0 still isn't exactly a bad result. A score draw will do for them in Italy next week. As for Napoli, they played like a typical Benitez team tonight. Rather uninspiring despite the quality in their starting XI.

None of the Premier League teams won in Europe this week. Four played, 1 draw and 3 losses with none of them scoring. Somewhat shocking. And 20 European matches (Champions League and Europa League) played this week and there have been 10 away wins, 8 draws and only 2 home wins.

Also, there were two cracking goals tonight.

Soriano for RB Salzburg against Ajax (can't believe they won 3-0!)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csH8X9U2msY

And Quaresma (remember him?) for Porto against Eintracht Frankfurt...

http://youtu.be/DmnmKPRVRIY

Trust me - if you know how much Red Bull Salzburg have been spending you won't be shocked :) I lived there fr 2 years and saw some of the players coming in on massive salaries!!! I was speaking to the old German legend Lothar Matthias about it in a bar :)

Trust me - if you know how much Red Bull Salzburg have been spending you won't be shocked :) I lived there fr 2 years and saw some of the players coming in on massive salaries!!! I was speaking to the old German legend Lothar Matthias about it in a bar :)

:o:blink:

Still though, one would have expected better from Ajax. To lose 3-0 at home like is just embarrassing.