The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Bayern lost three time in the past 5 years in CL-Final. They learned what they did wrong. I really guess it's time for them to win, they deserve it maybe. They play really good football this season. Breaking one record after another.

It really should have been 2-0 but I'm not complaining just stating a fact. Gomez was offside and Muller fouled Alba when Robben scored.

Well you also have to remember the two handballs by Barca players in the first half, so it evened out.

Barca were absolutely trounced tonight. Bayern focused on their weaknesses and just exploited the hell out of them. You gotta love those people calling this Barca team the best team in history. My fucking arse.

Well you also have to remember the two handballs by Barca players in the first half, so it evened out.

Barca were absolutely trounced tonight. Bayern focused on their weaknesses and just exploited the hell out of them. You gotta love those people calling this Barca team the best team in history. My fucking arse.

Tbf..when they talk about the best in history, people are referring to Pep's Barca...the current one, with players like Alba, is a couple of notches below that one... All good teams eventually decline.

Tbf..when they talk about the best in history, people are referring to Pep's Barca...the current one, with players like Alba, is a couple of notches below that one... All good teams eventually decline.

Good point, but to be honest, I rate Alba more than Abidal, despite the fact that he's a first class cunt. I do know what you are getting at however...

But even then, their narrow "tiki taka" style has has been shown to be quite predictable and stoppable if you have the players to do it, which was seen even under Pep (Inter in the CL final, us in the CL semis, etc).

Don't get me wrong, they were (and still fucking are) incredibly good, but best team in history? Yeah, that's a bit of a stretch.

That game just made me realise how terrified I am of how far away we are from Bayern at this moment...it's like Champions League Vs. Championship. No joke. Maybe even League 1.

Scary stuff.

It was also like that last year in the final, yea we won but it feel like we were some championship vs Chelsea/MU

Good point, but to be honest, I rate Alba more than Abidal, despite the fact that he's a first class cunt. I do know what you are getting at however...

But even then, their narrow "tiki taka" style has has been shown to be quite predictable and stoppable if you have the players to do it, which was seen even under Pep (Inter in the CL final, us in the CL semis, etc).

Don't get me wrong, they were (and still fucking are) incredibly good, but best team in history? Yeah, that's a bit of a stretch.

It has nothing to do which player is better, it is more about how they complement the team.

Abidal is the PERFECT left back for barca, tall and good defensively. He gives barca the extra height and physicality.

Whereas alba is more of a attacking fullback which they don't really need

In last night´s game Bayern played rough football, poor Messi was kissing the grass many times, Barca´s dwarfs were body-checked, pushed off the ball. This is exactly how to play against smaller teams. Do you remember the older Chelsea team ?

Power, muscle, play on the edge...

Several posters here pointed correctly, Chelsea needs to bulk up.

Yesterday´s game should tell us something. The German tanks rolled over the Spanish flies.

I know Bayern were excellent, but Barca were terrible as well. Their pressing was abysmal and was their movement. It looked to me that they lost the match before they even stepped on the pitch. All they were trying to do is keep the ball so they don't concede. Never showed any real intent in attack and never looked like scoring. Very cowardly display.

Barca had not played well, last night. We all saw it. However, Barca of last night was not the team we have seen for several years.

I believe Barca is capable to play much better. Whether they will overcome this 4 goals deficit, I doubt it, but certainly Barca is capable to score 4 goals in any given game, easily.

As I said, Bayern played rough football last night & very effectively. Stronger, bigger players pushed the dwarfs around, easily. That´s the way to play against smaller teams.

That game just made me realise how terrified I am of how far away we are from Bayern at this moment...it's like Champions League Vs. Championship. No joke. Maybe even League 1.

Scary stuff.

I know what you saying to a certain extent but lets remember that we have just nearly finished a season with Torres as out main striker, lost another manager and brought in Rafa and really lost it when it comes to basics.

If, and it's and if Jose comes back he will make damn sure basic mistakes are cut out, he won't allow it, or anyone with an ounce of savvy won't either. We are possibly only three good, and correct signing away from being scary good, I say that with full confidence.

We need a top notch striker and possibly two midfielders who can dictate a game, all this accompanied by Hazard, Mata and also Oscar and we have the basis to be quite something.

Bayern were superb, but don't get caught up too much in the carnival, we beat them last year, they where also beaten with ease against Arsenal at home.

Just a bit of perspective and belief in our own is needed.