The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

I know what you saying to a certain extent but lets remember that we have just nearly finished a season with Torres as out main striker, lost another manager and brought in Rafa and really lost it when it comes to basics.

If, and it's and if Jose comes back he will make damn sure basic mistakes are cut out, he won't allow it, or anyone with an ounce of savvy won't either. We are possibly only three good, and correct signing away from being scary good, I say that with full confidence.

We need a top notch striker and possibly two midfielders who can dictate a game, all this accompanied by Hazard, Mata and also Oscar and we have the basis to be quite something.

Bayern were superb, but don't get caught up too much in the carnival, we beat them last year, they where also beaten with ease against Arsenal at home.

Just a bit of perspective and belief in our own is needed.

Agreed. Our attacking midfield options are brilliant, but having no quality DMs, DLP and world class striker are massive gaps. So much so in fact, at times it's like we play 4-0-3-0, particularly against top teams. Also, Oscar is not mature enough at the moment that he can actually dictate a game, but i'm sure he'll gain that ability in the coming years.

Defence could also do with another classy CB in the mould of Hummels etc., but yes, we're not too far off being a complete team. I'd hope that the majour missing pieces are bought this summer, instead of waiting another 2-3 seasons before we see our full strength team for the next 5-6 years.

Many of us believe Chelsea are not as we all would love to see. If Chelsea were to buy 2-3 players this summer, I hope Roman will, then the team may challenge anybody. Of course, the manager must be brought in.

I am looking forward to the summer transfer market. An early buy, let the new players settle in, is needed, I feel.

I totally agree some poeple above me. Chelsea just needs a man like Mourinho and a few new players and it will be the best Chelsea people have ever seen. Mata and Hazard are really really great players for example.

Messi has the worst statistic from last night, he have never had such bad statistics against Bayern before.

He ran for about 3000 meters , a shocking 7000 meters less than Robben and Ribery who ran 10 000 metres!

That explains a little bit of why Messi wasn't getting into the actions as much as Robben and Ribery did.

He also only touched the ball 72 times and only 2 of those touches were in the offensive area, that means he touched the ball 70 times around the center or on the sides, but only 2 times in offensive areas..

Time to throw in some stats...

1. Real Madrid have only won 1 of their 23 European away matches in Germany - W1 D6 L16. The sole win in GER came against Leverkusen in 2000.

2. Jose Mourinho has lost all 5 of his European away matches in Germany - vs Werder Bremen(x2), Bayern Munich(x2) & Borussia Dortmund. Those 5 losses suffered by Mourinho came during his time at Chelsea, Inter Milan & Real Madrid. All of them have been 1 goal defeats.