New Season

Kojo

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wanted to add a CM, like Modric, but against I wanted to keep the net transfer spend a very reasonable amount. I think if our width is taken care of with those wide players, then even the mid I have up there would get enough room to operate and be very effective.

Should we take a punt on Suarez?

Yes I know he is a little cunt but despite our current trouble's we look like Barcelona compared to Liverpool and if we make other quality signing's (it's still possible even without CL football) while Liverpool are signing shit English players because of their passport again he might consider jumping ship.

Only problem is Liverpool will squezze us for every penny we have, unless we throw Ross Turnbull in the deal then Liverpool will probably be the team paying :Goober:

18307042.jpg

Out :

-Malouda

-Kalou

-Drogba

-Ferreira

-Bosingwa

-Essien

In :

- Mauricio Isla

- Cavani or Soldado

- Kagawa

-Tioté or Witsel

- Adam Johnson or Lavezzi or Jovetic

- Jordi Alba

Line up:

---------------Cech-------------

Iva/Isla-Luiz-Terry-Jordi Alba

-----------Romeu--Witsel-----

Sturridge/Johnson-Kagawa/Lavezzi-Mata

------------------Cavani--------

one of my swim mates here at berkeley is from milan, and he says that Hamsik/Cavani/Lavezzi are really attached to their club and loved by the supporters extremely!... like legends... dont think they will go anywhere... just my two cents... could be wrong, thats just what he told me...

Can understand your reasoning behind the transfer purchases above but I just have 2 major problems with it. Where's the creative midfield passer & a proper goalscoring striker??

I know what you mean as far as the midfield creativity. Since, I was going for a very reasonable transfer spend, I didn't want to include Modric even though I really wanted to. The reason being, if he have quality at the wide positions, that will open up the midfield considerably for our midfielders and they can be very effective. Tiote isn't the best passer but Romeu is a good one and I think he can consistently feed our wide men and Mata, then from there on Mata and the wingers can create goal-scoring opportunities. You have to look at Man U for that, not the best midfield but their wide men are so good that they can still create numerous chances.

As far as Striker goes, I think if our build-up play improves I think Torres and Sturridge will be good enough there. Again gamble, but my aim was to have an overhaul in the most efficient way possible, cause I'm assuming we'll miss CL spot this year.

2d7aexx.jpg

Names are fine, your sums on the other hand :lol:

Using your scenario I believe this is more realistic:

Out

Kalou - Free

Bosingwa - Free

Drogba - Free

Malouda - £5m

Essien - £5m

Benayoun - £3m

---

Total: £13m

---

In

Tiote - £24m

Hazard - £40m

---

Total: £64m

---

Net toal: -£51m

Why did I draw this conclusion? Because we're going to have the same useless, senseless, logic deprived, anti-football, board whoever comes and goes. History therefore suggests we'll let our big name players leave for peanuts and use gold dust figures to buy players. By over paying for stars like Tiote.

Willian is not gonna be an improvement over anyone currently in our squad, maybe Kalou. We can still get REALISTIC targets that are better than Willian >.>

Agree. Well we'll have better idea of who we can sign after this season if we are in/out of 4th place.

However best I could think of just off of top my head being we are in 6th now.

What I mean is somebody of a willian shape up-good with ball at feet and not afraid to take man on like our current midfield.

2d7aexx.jpg

Sure in this case, club wouldnt spend much, but this team is still missing several things to fix. First, Ferreira is even worse than Bossingwa and you would keep him? Ivan cant play entire season and depending on Hutchinson is bad(after injury, he probably wont play that good any more). Means, we need new RB. Definately.

Selling Essien and buying Tiote is good deal, but I prefer Mvila, Witsel or even Cabaye. Hoilett would be great deal, since he is free, but Farfan? Ok get it, he is free also, but I more likely buy someone better. KDB plays on Left wing, not right...Hazard type of players is what we need. No creativemidfielder, no striker, no winger (besides Hazard) and you think this is team for top next year? With Lampard and Out of form Torres and selfish Danny in attack?

Maybe for 3rd place yes, but both Manchesters are gona beat us with such team...

First, we need DM(Mvila, Witsel), creative midfielder(Belhanda, Hamsik,...), winger(Hazard) and striker(Cavani) of top class. Than RB(Azpi) and maybe something like Cabaye, Hoilett, Marvin Martin,...-someone, we can get for cheap price. If we actually sell Kalou, Drogba, Essien, Malouda, Boss, Ferreira, Meireles, Benayoun that means we sell 8 players. THAT MEANS we need to buy at least 5 new. And not similar to the ones we will sell, but better. Much better if you want to see Chelsea to compete for 1st place in prem. This year we will be 20! points behind United. You think buying Farfan, Hoilett, Tiote and Hazard will change situation? united will get Gaitan and maybe Modric (or someone like him) and we will get Hazard and bunch of good/cheap players? Sorry, but we need 3-4 seriously top players and 2 less top. We have really 8 players that play like shit (including drogs and lamps). Sadly but true, and we have to replace this 8 players with 6 top class ones. That is two less, and we already have problems with tired/injuried players. We can use some youth in less important matches, but 6 players that will play top is necessary.

Must understand that every top team has top players and they buy someone less good but talented to expand their play. In our case if we buy Hoilett we will use him as sub, not regular. Buying bunch of Hoiletts and Farfans will make us average team. But top players + Hoillet will make our team very strong.

I know what you mean as far as the midfield creativity. Since, I was going for a very reasonable transfer spend, I didn't want to include Modric even though I really wanted to. The reason being, if he have quality at the wide positions, that will open up the midfield considerably for our midfielders and they can be very effective. Tiote isn't the best passer but Romeu is a good one and I think he can consistently feed our wide men and Mata, then from there on Mata and the wingers can create goal-scoring opportunities. You have to look at Man U for that, not the best midfield but their wide men are so good that they can still create numerous chances.

As far as Striker goes, I think if our build-up play improves I think Torres and Sturridge will be good enough there. Again gamble, but my aim was to have an overhaul in the most efficient way possible, cause I'm assuming we'll miss CL spot this year.

1. Is Modric the only creative midfield passer out there?! Newcastle have one in the name of Yohan Cabaye & I don't see why we shouldn't go for him. Won't be cheap but doubt it would be as costly as Modric does. Even we don't go for Cabaye, there are other options out there. Not just Modric you know.

2. Problem with getting Tiote is we will end up having 4 similar players - Mikel, Ramires, Romeu & Tiote. None of them are creative passers and all are just midfield battlers. If we are gonna have several similar players, 3 at max should be the amount for me. More and we'll have problems keeping all of them happy.

3. In terms of the striking department, we honestly can't screw this up for one more season. The club or rather the manager has to make the decision on whether to sell Torres or not. We can't go on another season, hoping and praying that Torres gets back to his best. IF nothing changes by the end of the season, we seriously have to sell him off. Can't afford to carry on dead weights in the team if we are to challenge at the very top again, domestically and in Europe. As for Sturridge, not sure if he can play that lone striker role because I don't think he's an all rounder enough to be used in that role. But he hasn't played that much, so I would reserve my judgment on that till he gets the chance. Otherwise, we definitely have to get a proper goalscoring forward or two who can bang in the goals on a consistent basis, not one who will score just 1 in every 3 months etc.

All in all, we have reached the point where we would have no choice but to spend big this summer to rebuild the squad, all thanks to the clowns at the club who continued to persist with the same team for 5-6 years now!

There was a similar thread last season and the same players i wanted out then i STILL want out now and would add a few to the list,

Malouda

Kalou

Bosingwa

Hilario

Mikel

Ferriera

and unfortunately Essien, seems that second ACL injury has finished him.

Undecided about Meireles, squad player only but leaning towards him being shown the door too.

Still believe Lamps, Drogba and Cole are worthy of squad places and their experience will be vital especially to bring along the talented youth players we have in the ranks, including Feroze and Kiyomya who i was impressed with and should be given first team experience next season.

Hoilett for me is a no brainer, he has 2 good feet, quick and the fact he will cost nothing just puts the icing on a deal.

I have campaigned for years to see a Arjen Robben return, quality, quality player, would take some pressure off Mata too, imagine a front four of Mata (AM), Robben (LW), Hoilett (RW) and Sturridge/Torres (CF) full of pace and creativity.

I hope Romeu is brought back to the fold next season, with Lakaku, De Byuyne and MacEachran also given opportunities.

Courtois should also be given the nod ahead of Turnbull as he has shown he is capable.

I believe our defence to be all but there with our wealth of CB's and the ever improving Bertrand, for me its just a right back required and haven't got a Scooby Doo who to buy?

There you have it a youthful looking squad with experience, although it doesn't make a diddly squat what we think, it will all be about our new managers ideals. i just hope that he implements an attacking formation against defensive opposition which for the large part of our Prem season gets rid of the dreaded holding midfield position - especially at home.

Sure in this case, club wouldnt spend much, but this team is still missing several things to fix. First, Ferreira is even worse than Bossingwa and you would keep him? Ivan cant play entire season and depending on Hutchinson is bad(after injury, he probably wont play that good any more). Means, we need new RB. Definately.

Selling Essien and buying Tiote is good deal, but I prefer Mvila, Witsel or even Cabaye. Hoilett would be great deal, since he is free, but Farfan? Ok get it, he is free also, but I more likely buy someone better. KDB plays on Left wing, not right...Hazard type of players is what we need. No creativemidfielder, no striker, no winger (besides Hazard) and you think this is team for top next year? With Lampard and Out of form Torres and selfish Danny in attack?

Maybe for 3rd place yes, but both Manchesters are gona beat us with such team...

First, we need DM(Mvila, Witsel), creative midfielder(Belhanda, Hamsik,...), winger(Hazard) and striker(Cavani) of top class. Than RB(Azpi) and maybe something like Cabaye, Hoilett, Marvin Martin,...-someone, we can get for cheap price. If we actually sell Kalou, Drogba, Essien, Malouda, Boss, Ferreira, Meireles, Benayoun that means we sell 8 players. THAT MEANS we need to buy at least 5 new. And not similar to the ones we will sell, but better. Much better if you want to see Chelsea to compete for 1st place in prem. This year we will be 20! points behind United. You think buying Farfan, Hoilett, Tiote and Hazard will change situation? united will get Gaitan and maybe Modric (or someone like him) and we will get Hazard and bunch of good/cheap players? Sorry, but we need 3-4 seriously top players and 2 less top. We have really 8 players that play like shit (including drogs and lamps). Sadly but true, and we have to replace this 8 players with 6 top class ones. That is two less, and we already have problems with tired/injuried players. We can use some youth in less important matches, but 6 players that will play top is necessary.

Must understand that every top team has top players and they buy someone less good but talented to expand their play. In our case if we buy Hoilett we will use him as sub, not regular. Buying bunch of Hoiletts and Farfans will make us average team. But top players + Hoillet will make our team very strong.

I know exactly what you guys mean. But I made that analysis, considering we don't get that much money to spend cause most likely we don't finish in CL spots.. If it was up to me and not worrying about money.

I would bring in the following:

Hoilett for sure!

2 of the following midfielders:

Luka Modric

Yohan Cabaye

Axel Witsel

Joao Moutinho

Javi Martinez

Nuri Sahin

Ever Banega

2 of the following wingers/attackers:

Eden Hazard

Ezequiel Lavezzi

Stevan Jovetic

Hulk

Iker Munian

Ibrahim Affelay

1 of these strikers:

Cavani

Falcao

Would love to see Munian.

I think we should look more into our youth. Kakuta is performing excellent at Dijon as a number 10 but he could also function as a right winger (or left). Chalobah should at least get a loan. Feruz and Piazon should as well.

I agree with those who said that we should have more signings like Real and United. We should really look into the Bundesliga and the Portugese Liga. There are some real talents in those competitions and we should sign them before they get a high profile like Hulk and Götze have. If we scout well we could have had Götze or Reus before they became a 40 million signing.

We have to at least get rid of Malouda, Mereiles, Kalou, Bosingwa and Drogba

I know exactly what you guys mean. But I made that analysis, considering we don't get that much money to spend cause most likely we don't finish in CL spots.. If it was up to me and not worrying about money.

I would bring in the following:

Hoilett for sure!

2 of the following midfielders:

Luka Modric

Yohan Cabaye

Axel Witsel

Joao Moutinho

Javi Martinez

Nuri Sahin

Ever Banega

2 of the following wingers/attackers:

Eden Hazard

Ezequiel Lavezzi

Stevan Jovetic

Hulk

Iker Munian

Ibrahim Affelay

1 of these strikers:

Cavani

Falcao

That is more like it! :D

I dont believe we will spend 200mio on players ever.

Azpi 12mio

Hazard 40mio

Cabaye/Belhanda 20mio

Mvila/Witsel 25mio

Doumbia 23mio (great goalscorer, 27 in russia, 5 in CL, cheaper than falcao 40mio or cavani 30+mio. and he is from cska, abramovich could make this transfer unsalty and cheaper as possible)

Hoilett free (maybe could rise to 4mio, like sturridge case...at least blackburn want some money, despite contract is gonna end in summer)

---

110 mio max, we could earn 15-30 mio for

sales of our players

6 players, 1RB, winger, creative midfielder, defensive midfielder, striker and hoilett. Plus, de bruyne comes in. Prices are very fair, I think this could actualy happen.

Seriously, my best option so far. To actualy get all those players we need for smallets price, this is it.

We could spend 90mio, couldnt we?

You kiddin' me? The guy is youngest striker of top strikers this season. Cavani, Falcao are more expensive...I get it, he plays in russia, but scored 5 in 7 matches in Cl. And only 24yrs old. From strikers, he is best option. Or get Falcao for 40mio and no midfielders at all...With Mata, Hazard and Hoilett at back, this would be beast. Also i didnt say he will be starter. With torres and sturridge to compete and the best one gets a chance. Also Sturridge would play winger, Drogba leaves and there has to be someone to replace Torres if he would start.

I know Hazard can play on left or right wing equaly.

Hazard-Mvila-Hoilett

---------Mata---------

-------Doumbia------

or

Sturridge-Mvila-Hazard

-----------Mata----------

----Doumbia/Torres----

and combine with Cabaye/Belhanda, Ramires, de Bruyne, Lukaku

Dont dream about getting Hulk, Hazard, Falcao, RB, Mvila, Hamsik, Lavezzi in one team.

That formation is surely, best we can get in one summer transfer season. Because we need few players and now anyone count 6 players, on that positions, we might get for same price and would be better?