New Season

Kojo

^ Doumbia is nothing special. 23M I rather go for Jovetic or Affelay. Add a little more and get Munian. No way Doumbia is Chelsea starting Striker quality. I rather play Sturridge over Doumbia at striker.

And you would seriously spend 23mio on AFFELAY? Doumbia is striker for Chelsea quality. Currently, I would literally kill to have Doumbia in team. Torres cant find form, Drogba is old and unconsistent, while Sturridge should be winger and he is selfish aswell. Also we cant pla whole season with one striker if Drogba leaves. Doumbia would fill the woid perfectly.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you would seriously spend 23mio on AFFELAY? Doumbia is striker for Chelsea quality. Currently, I would literally kill to have Doumbia in team. Torres cant find form, Drogba is old and unconsistent, while Sturridge should be winger and he is selfish aswell. Also we cant pla whole season with one striker if Drogba leaves. Doumbia would fill the woid perfectly.

I am judging Doumbia assuming he'll be converted to a winger like Sturridge, cause if you really think Doumbia is good enough to be a striker for Chelsea, we are destined for mediocrity. Sturridge is selfish on the wing, at striker he can be as selfish as he wants and I have no doubt in my mind he would be a better striker than Doumbia. Not saying we shouldn't look for a world class striker but as far as Doumbia goes, not that special imo.

Then, assuming we do put him on the wing, like we did with Kalou & now Sturridge, then yes, I rather have Affellay. I think he's been incredibly unlucky at Barca and I think the dude is QUALITY.

---------------Falcao-------------

De Bryune---Mata----Hazard

---------Romeu---Ramires-----

A.Cole---------------------Ivanovic

---------J.Terry----Luiz-------------

-----------------Cech-----------------

Torres plus 20mill swap for Falcao?

Doubt we will get Hazard now

Out:

Didier Drogba

Michael Essien

Paulo Ferreira

Jose Bosingwa

Florent Malouda

Turn into squad players rather than constant starters:

Frank Lampard

John Terry

Yossi Benayoun

Salomon Kalou

Squad with additions/on loan players returned:

GK - Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Henrique Hilario,

RB - Branislav Ivanovic, Gregory van der Wiel,

CB - David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Jeffrey Bruma, John Terry, Sam Hutchinson

LB - Ryan Bertrand, Ashley Cole.

DM - Cheik Tiote, Oriol Romeu, John Obi Mikel,

CM - Ramires, Frank Lampard, Raul Meireles,

AM - Juan Mata, Moussa Dembele, Yossi Benayoun.

RW - Junior Hoilett, Gael Kakuta, Lucas Piazon,

LW - Ezequiel Lavezzi, Kevin De Bruyne, Salomon Kalou.

ST - Fernando Torres, Daniel Sturridge, Romelu Lukaku.

Gregory Van der Wiel £8-11 million

- Contract is running down at Ajax, improvement on Bosingwa and Ferreira, played in CL with Ajax.

Chiek Tiote £15-20 million

- Good proven PL player plus Newcastle sell their best players to create funds for investment.

Moussa Dembele £8.5-10.5 million

- Also PL proven, cheap alternative for a creative player, also versatile can play on wings, would have Belgian team mates at CFC in KDB, Lukaku and Courtious.

Junior Hoilett in on a free

- Great up and coming player, would hopefully improve our play with his directness and pace AND available on a free transfer in the summer, would be mad not to.

Ezequiel Lavezzi £20-26.5 million

- Great player, pacey, direct, one of the major reasons why Napoli have emerged in the last 2 or 3 years. Only problem is his release clause is probably the price he would go for, which is £26.5 million.

List is quite realistic actually compared to some of the ones I have seen.

Out:

Didier Drogba

Michael Essien

Paulo Ferreira

Jose Bosingwa

Florent Malouda

Turn into squad players rather than constant starters:

Frank Lampard

John Terry

Yossi Benayoun

Salomon Kalou

Squad with additions/on loan players returned:

GK - Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Henrique Hilario,

RB - Branislav Ivanovic, Gregory van der Wiel,

CB - David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Jeffrey Bruma, John Terry, Sam Hutchinson

LB - Ryan Bertrand, Ashley Cole.

DM - Cheik Tiote, Oriol Romeu, John Obi Mikel,

CM - Ramires, Frank Lampard, Raul Meireles,

AM - Juan Mata, Moussa Dembele, Yossi Benayoun.

RW - Junior Hoilett, Gael Kakuta, Lucas Piazon,

LW - Ezequiel Lavezzi, Kevin De Bruyne, Salomon Kalou.

ST - Fernando Torres, Daniel Sturridge, Romelu Lukaku.

Gregory Van der Wiel £8-11 million

- Contract is running down at Ajax, improvement on Bosingwa and Ferreira, played in CL with Ajax.

Chiek Tiote £15-20 million

- Good proven PL player plus Newcastle sell their best players to create funds for investment.

- Also PL proven, cheap alternative for a creative player, also versatile can play on wings, would have Belgian team mates at CFC in KDB, Lukaku and Courtious.

Junior Hoilett in on a free

- Great up and coming player, would hopefully improve our play with his directness and pace AND available on a free transfer in the summer, would be mad not to.

Ezequiel Lavezzi £20-26.5 million

- Great player, pacey, direct, one of the major reasons why Napoli have emerged in the last 2 or 3 years. Only problem is his release clause is probably the price he would go for, which is £26.5 million.

List is quite realistic actually compared to some of the ones I have seen.

Agree with your list but not too keen on keeping Raul for another season.Some clubs have shown interest in him and if these are rumors are true then I think we should definitely sell him.Granted he is a decent squad player but his departure will help Josh get more games and we must focus on implementing youth.Josh may not getting chances at Swansea but that's only because Swansea have some great midfielders and are accustomed to that kind of style,so its difficult for Rodgers to break that flow.

Agree with your list but not too keen on keeping Raul for another season.Some clubs have shown interest in him and if these are rumors are true then I think we should definitely sell him.Granted he is a decent squad player but his departure will help Josh get more games and we must focus on implementing youth.Josh may not getting chances at Swansea but that's only because Swansea have some great midfielders and are accustomed to that kind of style,so its difficult for Rodgers to break that flow.

Tbh Josh needs to play regularly and no matter who the manager is at Chelsea he won't be doing that until hes about 21 or 22 (if he develops well). Josh hasn't got PL experience yet unlike Raul which is why I think he is a very valuable squad player and right now Raul can offer more than Josh in terms of ability.

Tbh Josh needs to play regularly and no matter who the manager is at Chelsea he won't be doing that until hes about 21 or 22 (if he develops well). Josh hasn't got PL experience yet unlike Raul which is why I think he is a very valuable squad player and right now Raul can offer more than Josh in terms of ability.

Yes,Raul is more experienced than Josh but keeping Raul for another season or a half might ruin our chance of ever getting rid of him.

Terry is good enough to be our starting centre back next year, and for probably 2 or 3 subsequent seasons. We can keep him beyond that if we get a lightning fast defender, and I mean someone incredibly quick, someone who could outsprint Walcott as his central partner.

Yes,Raul is more experienced than Josh but keeping Raul for another season or a half might ruin our chance of ever getting rid of him.

I think if we need to get rid of any midfield player it should be Essien, he is not the player we used to know. Plus we could keep Raul then when his deals done get rid, I think he has to be kept if we are to compete in multiple competitions like the FA cup, CL(maybe not next season), League Cup, just for rotation and use him to rest some players also.

Essien must go. I think he should retire actually, so people will remember him as the greatest midfielder to come out of Africa (excluding those who played for non-African countries, Zidane and Makelele) rather than a crock who went to shit after one brush too many with the physio's table.

If it were up to me, i would name you the new chelsea manager but i don't agree with one of your signings - Dembele

You have 30 players in the squad you named(although u have included a lot of youngsters) and many of the wingers can provide cover for striker position.

Lavezzi and Kalou can play as Strikers and with Piazon and Lalkovic improving every week, adding another striker simply creates squad congestion.

Dembele has a well-documented injury problem and is also inconsistent. He doesn't guarantee 20 goals a season.

Btw, Jeffrey Bruma is on a 2 year loan deal at Hamburg - so make it 29. And instead of Raul Meireles, it is better to use McEachran. You have not addressed the main issue with the squad either - CREATIVITY. We have enough defensive midfielders, so instead of Cheick Tiote, Yohan Cabaye would be a better option because even he can play deep and is a brilliant passer of the ball.

If it were up to me, i would name you the new chelsea manager but i don't agree with one of your signings - Dembele

You have 30 players in the squad you named(although u have included a lot of youngsters) and many of the wingers can provide cover for striker position.

Lavezzi and Kalou can play as Strikers and with Piazon and Lalkovic improving every week, adding another striker simply creates squad congestion.

Dembele has a well-documented injury problem and is also inconsistent. He doesn't guarantee 20 goals a season.

Btw, Jeffrey Bruma is on a 2 year loan deal at Hamburg - so make it 29. And instead of Raul Meireles, it is better to use McEachran. You have not addressed the main issue with the squad either - CREATIVITY. We have enough defensive midfielders, so instead of Cheick Tiote, Yohan Cabaye would be a better option because even he can play deep and is a brilliant passer of the ball.

I forgot about the 25 man squad thing writing that tbh lol :doh: anyway aren't some of the youth players able to be classed as B team players or is that only in the CL?

Anyway.. Dembele isn't really a striker, hes plays in the hole behind the striker/attacking midfield, he is creative and seriously underrated imo. Lavezzi is able to play upfront but he would be a good option to provide width in our squad. Maybe another defensive midfielder isn't top of our shopping list but Mikel isn't consistent enough and isn't as mobile as Tiote is, plus some think Mikel isn't good enough. If we were to play 2 holding players we would need another holding player as Meireles isn't disciplined enough to play there and Lampard is clearly much better in an attacking role.

I think we should recall Jeffrey from Hamburg next year as he has undoubted potential and with JT and Branna getting older he would provide good competition in the squad and since Branna is played at RB more than CB, we will probably need another body for cover.

Also I'm sure Lavezzi and Dembele would provide some creativity and would be able to take the weight off Mata's shoulders, as he was coming up with the answers earlier this season AND if De Bruyne, Lampard, Meireles, Benayoun and Ramires could provide assists and or just create chances more in general we would be doing alright. I reckon they are all capable of providing chances for team mates and themselves but its just getting them to do it consistently so it is noticeable.

And Cabaye, as good a player as he is, I don't think he'd move one year in to his contract at Newcastle. If he did, he would also provide some creativity but playing him as a deeper midfielder would be pointless as he is more a box to box midfielder rather than a defensive midfielder like Tiote.

I forgot about the 25 man squad thing writing that tbh lol :doh: anyway aren't some of the youth players able to be classed as B team players or is that only in the CL?

Anyway.. Dembele isn't really a striker, hes plays in the hole behind the striker/attacking midfield, he is creative and seriously underrated imo. Lavezzi is able to play upfront but he would be a good option to provide width in our squad. Maybe another defensive midfielder isn't top of our shopping list but Mikel isn't consistent enough and isn't as mobile as Tiote is, plus some think Mikel isn't good enough. If we were to play 2 holding players we would need another holding player as Meireles isn't disciplined enough to play there and Lampard is clearly much better in an attacking role.

I think we should recall Jeffrey from Hamburg next year as he has undoubted potential and with JT and Branna getting older he would provide good competition in the squad and since Branna is played at RB more than CB, we will probably need another body for cover.

Also I'm sure Lavezzi and Dembele would provide some creativity and would be able to take the weight off Mata's shoulders, as he was coming up with the answers earlier this season AND if De Bruyne, Lampard, Meireles, Benayoun and Ramires could provide assists and or just create chances more in general we would be doing alright. I reckon they are all capable of providing chances for team mates and themselves but its just getting them to do it consistently so it is noticeable.

And Cabaye, as good a player as he is, I don't think he'd move one year in to his contract at Newcastle. If he did, he would also provide some creativity but playing him as a deeper midfielder would be pointless as he is more a box to box midfielder rather than a defensive midfielder like Tiote.

All the creativity is in the final third of the pitch. the attacks will fizzle out by then. a deep-lying playmaker is invaluable today but your team seems alright now. romeu should don the role of the deep passer then we will be devastating in attack

All the creativity is in the final third of the pitch. the attacks will fizzle out by then. a deep-lying playmaker is invaluable today but your team seems alright now. romeu should don the role of the deep passer then we will be devastating in attack

Hmm suppose, wish Makalele was like 10 years younger and still playing for us. He was effectively a deep lying player and defensive midfielder!

We need to scout the Bundesliga more, although it is very hard to lure the young German's away as most of them are pretty faithful.

A few player's i think would be good signings are:

Lewis Holtby, very similar to Gotze and a lot cheaper.

Lucas Barrios, he is a very effective striker and has lost his spot to Lewandowski, we scouted him at the end of last season.

Lewis Holtby or Julian Draxler. Both are gonna be very good, maybe snap one of them.

I know Falcao and Cavani are better options than Doumbia. But I'd take Hazard anytime and I doubt we would bought Falcao aswell . Only those two are 80mio + we need DM, creative midfielder and RB.

Just a rumour I heard that Roman is preparing 247£ mio for transfers with four targets: 2 full backs, striker and creative midfielder. I hope its true, however we dont really need two fullbacks, but defensive midfielder and one rb. Still I doubt this is true, but who knows...