New Season

Kojo

All very nice fantasy football stuff -including the romanticism about the youngsters. 'Josh' as people call him, is too lightweight to ever be a midfield maestro, cant even get in the Swans side

The reality is we know that Abramovich will sanction the inevitable marquee signing -and there may be one or two mid priced additions and some of the players that people are screaming to be shot of. will still at SW 6. But I dont think it will be the wholesale FM changes that some crave.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to get rid of Bosingwa, Malouda, Drogba and maybe even Lampard it's vital we keep the 20's squad players for at-least next season.

Kalou, Mikel, Paulo, Yossi and Meireles can still contribute in terms of squad depth, never should be starters for us but if we are getting rid of a lot of the old guard we will need to focus on replacing them with new key players, so we must keep the 'squad players' until atleast the end of next season because it's too much off an overhaul to replace both at the same time.

Navas suffers from chronic homesickness and therefore will not move from Sevilla.

A while ago I saw some Spanish newspaper linking Navas to us and it said that if he came to Chelsea he could live with Mata to help with his homesickness. Probably not a reliable rumour but an interesting read nonetheless.

I don't think there's a need for so many new players especially defenders. Kevin and Pizaro are probably just as good players as Moses and do we really want another defensive midfielder ? agree with a creative midfielder if josh isn't going to be played though. And we definitely need a clear out.

Out

Meireles

Kalou

Malouda

Drogba

Mikel

Boswinga

Essien

Cole

If i just said Essien and Mikel need to go, then yes we do need a new defensive midfielder...

I love the Tiote and Moses shout.

Very good players that won't cost much.

I would also add A. Jonhson and De Jong from City if there is a chance to get them.

Last I still like Frei and Albrihton.

I think from the PL these are the only players I would look at to see which one we can get.

Outside of the PL I still like Azpilicueta, Hazard, Cavani, Canales and Javi Martinez. Then there is the one recently mention like Isla, Jovetic, and Kagawa.

With that list we can easily get 3 or 4 players to replace 5 that we let go. The most expensive obviously is going to be Hazard and Cavani, but if we can't spend that much there are other good targets we can get.

That's the key!, if we are to bypass FFP we have to do this. It's hard but it can be done.

If we can keep Mata then we are in huge luck, because we can build this team around him. Mata doesn't posess the pace to be put on the wing, i know he doesn't play on the wing he roams about but you're still taking away a winger arent you.

So play him with Ramires and Tiote in midfield two good defensive players, they can dominate midfield. Mata has the freedom to do anything, the creative freedom get in those positions, we might have trouble picking him out because Ramires and Tiote aren't exactly quality passers. But still, i think we can sort something out, City do this with David Silva, differently of course, but Gareth Barry is there to cover all the movements for City, such as the fullbacks going up, he is there to cover. Toure is the same just not as deep, but he breaks up play in the centre but being the player he is he offers so much more to the team.

The hardest part of it all is getting that right winger, we need another player in Mata's calibur, like really good and full of flair but more faster than Mata. I just don't know who, if we can do that i believe we can be title contenders again.

Nice post Sloth B)

The positions you have mentioned are definitely in need of reinforcements but i think you should include the need for wingers on both flanks. I among the majority are aware that Mata doesn't really have the pace nor strength to handle the task of flanking the wings in a 4-3-3 system. He's certainly equipped with the flair and creativity that we are looking for in the center of the park but it seems whenever he is moved into that position there are no natural wingers present making daring runs from wide cutting across the opposition's full-backs into the channels where Mata likes to slide weighted passes into.

As for the right back situation, yes we do need another attacking right back who can beat a player and cross the ball accurately into the box successfully more often than not. We don't need reminding of Bosingwa's awful season at Chelsea this year and it's more than apparent the time for him to pack his bags and leave his Blue shirt on the bed of his London home is well overdue! Ivan has been excellent this season, that is all!

Addressing the other position's you have again hit the nail on the head though i would like to see a younger center back come in as i can't see how signing somebody as old as 30 could help the obvious problem that is killing us at the moment, Age! Seeing as JT is getting any younger, maybe promote one of the exciting talents we have bred in our youth academy?.. lol

All in all next season promises to be an interesting one. I hope whoever takes the reigns at our beloved club can transform us into a title winning team again with bright and sexy footballers wearing the Chelsea blue!

Well to be fair mate i thought about this, who have we got to be a centre back?, Chalobah is far too young for a backup. I seen him play in the pre season and he looked really shaky, almost gave the ball away in a dire position too which would of lead to that asian team scoring. Well doesn't matter about his age just as long as he has experience, and doesn't mind sitting on the bench, a bit like Paulo Ferriera, he can still get the job done when needed he's never really shown hes a liability, that's why i don't want him out of the club.

Yes i know what you mean by move older players out and let young ones in but my point is, in the centre back positions we have no new talent there what's coming in have we?. No one in our youth team will make centre back at Chelsea besides probably Chalobah. And he wont be starting till like 6 years lol.

Ive said so many times, Antonio Valencia would have been prefect for us, stretches teams, doesn't mess about, down the byline and ball into the box.

I HATE buying players off Ferguson, they rarely turn out good, bar Ronaldo but obviously he will play good.

He might be good but i'm not sure, Ferguson would charge us a lot for him i bet, he will definitely want us to pay over value.

Players that could be available on a bosman in the summer

Mathieu Flamini

Mark Van Bommel

Junior Hoilett

Tranquillo Barnetta

Riccardo Montolivo

Ricardo Carvalho

Goran Pandev

Royston Drenthe

Walter Samuel

Christian Chivu

Raul

Jefferson Farfan

In bold are the one's i reckon we should take a punt on should they be available for nothing this summer, to add more squad depth if nothing else.

A while ago I saw some Spanish newspaper linking Navas to us and it said that if he came to Chelsea he could live with Mata to help with his homesickness. Probably not a reliable rumour but an interesting read nonetheless.

Lmao the spaniards do look out for each other :lol:

We should also focus on the Bundesliga.

Madrid and Newcastle have been getting very good players from over there.

Fucking scouts go over there and find something!!!!

Hello, Ron Gourlay here, why would we want to do that when David Villa is available for £70m?

The months between june and August are gonna be the biggest ever this year. We have to change a lot to get back to where we need to be. We're not even close to challenging for the title which is a huge concern and even tho we've got to a UCL and FA Cup semi, i'd be happy if the season just ended now prematurely because we all know what's gonna happen in those Semi's and indeed the next 4 games in general. I wish this season was over.

I'm not too worried about FFP. Roman was the one who was backing it, why would he do that unless he knew a way around it. I'm sure we're going to spend big this summer with a new manager. What my only worry is that with us missing out on the top 4 we may not be able to attract the TOP players. I think what we should do (and what we should have done even if we got into the Top 4) is raid Napoli, their trio is world class. They won't get into the top 3 so they won't have Champions League Football either. We just recently beat them in one of the best comebacks in recent memory (so they know we still mean business) and we can offer them Good Money. Not all is lost, we can still attract players like

Cavani, Hamsik, Lavezzi, Hulk, Falcao, Lucas, Eriksen, Kagawa, Honda, Doumbia, and maybe Hazard (slim chance)