New Season

Kojo

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 top players are nearly urgent. If we dont get them, 3/4 people here will complain how bad we play next season because there will be no top players to bring CFC back to top. It is all about getting right players, not just spending money. If we wouldnt need Hazard or Lavezzi, I wouldnt say we need him. If we wouldnt need Modric, I wouldnt say we need him. If you think we dont, you lie to yourself. Our current game is bad, just no creativity and no will. Getting average players wont change much.

I know Modric is expensive, but he is proven.

Why wouldnt we get him, but United can spend fortune on him?

They are already better than us currently. Now you suggest they buy Modric class of player and Gaitan and Hazard, while we will buy Cabaye and Hoilett and Moses?

Fuck no, United and City would beat us for next five years. If they can plan to buy high profile players, so should we. This isnt nonsense spending big money, but we desperately need few players. No one can blame us if we actualy pay 100mio for Hazard, Modric, Azpi, Hoilett and Lass. Buying cheaper players wont get us back to top guys, be realistic. And yes if Roman will offer Modric transfer, I will be very happy. Dont care if we play 45 mio, it is not my money and if the club will finish first next season, great. Getting half of squad of cheaper people would still cost us 70 mio and give us nothing.

This transfers are unrealistic now, but possible. You can bet Roman still wants Modric and if spurs will be willing to sell (to us or united), Roman will surely make improved offer.

I'd love to see our club get top through by buying talented players and putting them in our squad along our youth, but we are little too late. We should be doing that since 2009. Now, we have old squad and talents that havent play few games. Putting Piazon, josh and others in starting team will not upgrade our squad next season either. Put them on loan, or use them as subs. It is one thing if they would play along mata, modric and hazard, where there would be no pressure on the youngsters and their mistakes wouldnt cost anything, since players like mata, hazard and modric would play. but if youngsters would play with lampard and cheaper players, piazon and lukaku and others would be much more under pressure, because mistakes they would made, lampard couldnt repair.

I want to say that you just cant develop youth players if you dont have fixed first team. And we dont...

You would say we needed Hazard and Lavezzi when we don't because, quite frankly, we don't need them. We need wingers, yes. But them two specifically? No. They're both proven in two of Europe's top leagues - Ligue 1 is particularly good at unearthing and showcasing young talent - and won't come cheaply. If we're going to go after the big names such as them two, I'd rather the club do it now, I admit that. I'd rather not let the club meandre into thoughtless transfers and then try and persuade one of our rivals to let their new acquisition come to us and a steeply inflated price. Modric, on the other hand, is a player proven in the Premier League, which automatically means that he'll be a great purchase. Yes, he could be a great acquisition, but for £40m+? No thanks. Spurs would only succeed in replacing Modric with a better, cheaper alternative, leaving us a laughing stock. I mean, come on... we don't want to look like Liverpool, do we?

Because there's money available doesn't mean you have to spend it all at once like a greedy kid in a candy shop. And your policy is that it's not your money so let's spend as much as we want is utterly ridiculous and quite embarrassing.

I'm all for spending... just in the right areas: those being areas that we need.

The one key thing for next season is that Sturridge has to be used as a CF and not a RW. It was a nice experiment, but CF is his actual position and he deserves to be given a chance there. Another which is desperately needed is a deep lying playmaker to help the quick transition of the ball from defence to attack, this is somethign Romeu does excellently but he's more of our bulldozer DM. So looking at the starting team i'd say this:

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Bertrand

New midfielder Romeu

New Winger Mata New Winger

Torres/Sturridge

For players going out:

Malouda- Not much to say

Drogba - Been a great service

Kalou - Underrated by chelsea fans

Bosingwa - Get out quick

Essien - No longer a force

Lampard - Don't think we'll be able to get rid of Meireles and getting rid of Frank will take a huge chunk of the wage bill. Not a popular transfer, but one i'd like to see happen

Players coming in (Try to keep it realistic):

Azpilicueta/Isla - Good RBs to rotate with Ivan

Jovetic - Great player, probably won't cost upward of 27m

Hulk - This might not be a popular transfer, but for 35m i'd take the gamble. No matter what anyone says he is a great player who can win a game by himself and if Torres and Sturridge weren't performing, he could also be used as a CF.

Kakuta - Back up to Mata and other positions in attack

Farfan - I would say Hoilett, but i doubt there's any chance we'll go for him. We've been linked with Farfan and would be a good buy

Witsel/Moutinho - Both good players and wouldn't mind seeing either come.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Bertrand

Witsel Romeu

Hulk Mata Jovetic

Torres/Sturridge

If i was being unrealistic i'd have said:

Azpilicueta

Hazard

Lucas Moura

Modric

Jovetic

Kakuta

This is just a dream though

We can speculate who should we buy but in the end it really depends on who our manager is for next season.

Is it going to be rdm who like to play 4-2-3-1, is it somebody else who want to play 4-4-2 (Which mean we need to buy another striker) ?

If malouda and kalou leaves this summer, we will definitely need wingers. I don't think kdb,stud and ramires are good enough.

Same for midfield if essien and meireles leave we will need new mid, because right now we have plenty of mid even though imo they are not good enough.

I would never spend as much I want, but what I need. But still if there is chance to actualy buy top players instead of mediocore, I'm in.

2 top players Eden and Modric, Azpi and free Hoilett. This isn't that much.

And telling that people would laugh at us when we would pay 40mio for Modric, while they will find cheaper replacement? Particulary right, but every top club goes after top players. Barca, Real, United. Actualy it would be United laughing at us when they get Modric and we get Cabaye. Then how can you expect we will play for top of pl? Nothing against Cabaye but he is not on level of Modric. If we get Cabaye in the end and he gives us title, than I would be happy I'm mistaken. But so far, we need top players and no one will laugh at us because Modric and Hazard can only put us few levels higher.

We already have worst team than Manchesters and real and barca and bayern and now you want cheap players? while they will get even more top? Hell no! Dont buy whole new team of top players, one creative midfielder and left winger will do fine. And two top players are very possible, realistic. I dont know how can you deny Modric while every united fan would want him. It is not embarassing to get top players when we need. And stop blinding yourself that cheaper options will give us what we need. Maybe 3rd place in premier league and nothing more. Truth.

GK: Cech & Courtois (Blackman only if needed)

DEF: Ivanovic & Hutchinson at RB. Cahill, Luiz, Terry at CB. Cole & Bertrand at LB.

MID: Mikel, Romeu, Ramires & McEachran at DM (send McEachran on loan if you must). Lamps and Meireles AM. Mata either in the middle or on left wing, same as De Bruyne. Sturridge & Sigurdsson on right wing.

ST: Torres, Drogba & Lukaku up front. Bamford in the Carling Cup maybe.

IN (realistic):

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Young, energetic, not afraid to take Lampard-like shots, can pass, and also has some experience with Reading, Hoffenheim & Swansea.

OUT:

Turnbull - Still young, so let him go to another club. He's not playing here so he should go and play.

Hilario - Olden, but not golden.

Bosingwa - lol u

Ferreira - Spend his last years in football in lower divisions.

Essien - Not that terrifying beast of a DM anymore, unfortunately.

Malouda - Shit.

Kalou - Inconsistant & not making much progress.

So our starting XI? Here:

Cech/Courtois

Iva/Hutch - Cahill/Luiz/Terry - Cole/Bertrand

Ramires/Mikel - Romeu/McEachran

Sturridge/Sigurdsson - Lamps/Meireles - Mata/KDB

Torres/Drogba/Lukaku

My arse have we got a £247 million budget. Does Roman want us to be excluded from the Europa League as well as the UCL?

Exactly. Newspapers full of shit; think of around 10 good players, put ridiculous price tags of them and link them to Chelsea. That's how those idiots get their money, not like the rest of us; working.

Anyways, Sigurdsson in my post wouldn't exactly be right wing; sort of narrower but still able to drill in crosses.

I just saw an article that said we wanted Maicon as RB amongst over silly transfers for high prices.

Why would we want a 30 year old for like 10-20 million pounds?

Sign Ryan Taylor for £4 and not only do you save money, you have a few more years of him.

DEF: Ivanovic & Hutchinson at RB. Cahill, Luiz, Terry at CB. Cole & Bertrand at LB.

MID: Mikel, Romeu, Ramires & McEachran at DM (send McEachran on loan if you must). Lamps and Meireles AM. Mata either in the middle or on left wing, same as De Bruyne. Sturridge & Sigurdsson on right wing.

IN (realistic):

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Young, energetic, not afraid to take Lampard-like shots, can pass, and also has some experience with Reading, Hoffenheim & Swansea.

OUT:

Turnbull - Still young, so let him go to another club. He's not playing here so he should go and play.

Bosingwa - lol u

Malouda - Shit.

Cech/Courtois

Torres/Drogba/Lukaku

You think 1 new player will make us top 4 Material? :rolleyes:

IN (realistic):

OUT:

Bosingwa - lol u

Malouda - Shit.

Cech/Courtois

Torres/Drogba/Lukaku

Wow, we really will just scrape relegation.

Try to be realistic but one Sigurdson wont make any progress in team. Dont be naive. Buying top players is questionable, but only they will give this club to new level.

I told my opinion who to get if we want some top football again. But it will be on coach to pick players and when talking about "realistic" transfers, so far no one told it, because no one knows if we will actualy go for top players, mediocore players, 5 players or just 1.

But I can tell you that if we dont get 2 top tier players and few talented ones (4 in total should do), than we wont make close to top 4 with 30 point difference to top. And that is very realistic.

Chelsea is big spending club and now, when we actualy need big players, I dont see why we wouldnt get them. 100 mio for squad revamp isn't much in today football you know...if roman will decide to get more players, they will be top, not medium. Or we will just get another Meireles on last day. Before all get new manager first and do it quickly or another season will be fucked up.

Try to be realistic but one Sigurdson wont make any progress in team.

I told my opinion who to get if we want some top football again. But it will be on coach to pick players and when talking about "realistic" transfers, so far no one told it, because no one knows if we will actualy go for top players, mediocore players, 5 players or just 1.

But I can tell you that if we dont get 2 top tier players and few talented ones (4 in total should do), than we wont make close to top 4 with 30 point difference to top. And that is very realistic.

Chelsea is big spending club and now, when we actualy need big players, I dont see why we wouldnt get them. 100 mio for squad revamp isn't much in today football you know...if roman will decide to get more players, they will be top, not medium. Or we will just get another Meireles on last day. Before all get new manager first and do it quickly or another season will be fucked up.

The team must overhaul, get a lot out get a lot in, doesn't mean we have to spend much. Like my method we can spend 60 million but make 40 million from selling. That's my estimation, i'll probably be completely innacurate though with the price tags lol.

How much can we actualy spend, not to worry about FFP? I know as much as we go in plus, but how much is that? 70-80mio? Last winter we spend more than 75mio just for Torres and Luiz. Now, we cant afford 80mio for whole rebuild?

Sell few players for 20mio, use them and that brings 100mio. So how much can we ACTUALY spend?

Even barca is planning to spend 50mio atleast...And united aswell maybe more.

How much can we actualy spend, not to worry about FFP? I know as much as we go in plus, but how much is that? 70-80mio? Last winter we spend more than 75mio just for Torres and Luiz. Now, we cant afford 80mio for whole rebuild?

Sell few players for 20mio, use them and that brings 100mio. So how much can we ACTUALY spend?

Even barca is planning to spend 50mio atleast...And united aswell maybe more.

This is why we have to let go of Mikel so we can get the most money for him as possible, extend Didiers contract and sell him, get as much money as we can.

The team must overhaul, get a lot out get a lot in, doesn't mean we have to spend much. Like my method we can spend 60 million but make 40 million from selling. That's my estimation, i'll probably be completely innacurate though with the price tags lol.

Malouda- 6 Million

Kalou- 5 Million

Drogba- Free

Bosingwa- 4 million

Ferreira- 1 million (maybe)

Meireles- 10 million

Essien- 6-7 Million

About 32-33 million

Say we buy:

Johnson- 10 Million

Hazard/Lavezzi- 25 Million (30 + million Euros)

Kagawa- 12-13 Million (his contract is expiring)

RB- Azpilicueta- 15 million

Total: 62-63 Million - players sold

Net spend: Approx 30 Million

-------------------------Romeu-------------------------

---------------Mata---------------Kagawa--------------

---AJ/Lavezzi---Torres/Danny---Hazard/KDB

(AJ is Adam Johnson) This is VERY reaslitic IMO, we could/should spend more though, for Eg buy BOTH Hazard and Lavezzi, and a RB like Azpilicueta