New Season

Kojo

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we gonna actually know how much we've generated? I suppose this makes UCL qualification more vital now. Ok we knew how vital is it but it's a shit rule. Clubs in the bottom half wont earn fuck all and now will never be allowed to catch up with the rest.

I don't get buying Cavani and all this etc, why spend on a striker?, especially 30 fucking million on one or any other big money.

If anything people like Sturridge deserve there chance as a starter and we should get a backup for him and Torres. With Lukaku going on loan because he needs one. Get a new team with creativity and lets see what Torres is like, i think Cavani would do well here because of his work rate and team play, he could fit premier league. But the thing is he will be expensive, we can save money on him and give Sturridge the chance IF he stays here next season.

Mata has created more chances than any one in the prem, why hasn't he benefited from that?

I'd love to be proven wrong but he just looks done.

I'm Tired of people STILL saying that Creativity will unlock Torres. I'm sorry but I'm a Torres fan but even i have to admit he has to go. He's just not up to it anymore. We need a Creatvity AND a new striker. That's how blunt out attack is right now

Mata has created more chances than any one in the prem, why hasn't he benefited from that?

I'd love to be proven wrong but he just looks done.

Better team more confidence, it doesn't work that way you're going on about. It works when the whole team is playing well not just one person.

Yeah look at Van Persie, he is dragging Arsenal along but the whole plays well because he's that final piece of connection, Mata is the only piece of our jigsaw we have in this shit team.

If we buy new striker, sell Torres. simple as that. There is no meaning the new striker or torres should sit on bench.

but i give torres one more chance and if he wont start scoring next season, i would sell him in winter and THEN get new striker. Currently we need top profile midfielder like Modric and winger like hazard. 80mio just for these two. And they are necessary. If we dont get them, we wont be much better next season. Buyning striker of Cavani type would bring more than 12mio. Not gonna happen. And if board actualy buys striker over left winger, bad choice...

Not to say word about Falcao. Atletico bought him for 40mio and will sell him for 40+mio. No thanks.

I wonder why no one think about getting Lass back?

This guy is very underrated at Real, when he plays the guy looks like Makelele. If he would play regulary, I think he'd be very very good. Has excelent passes, while marking and tackling at best. Better than Mikel and Essien for sure.

He almost joined Spurs last summer, glad he didnt. He would come for 15mio I think, since he is not starter and plays rarely.

----------Cech----------

Brana-Terry-Luiz-Cole

-----Lass-Modric------

-Danny-Mata-Hazard-

---------Torres---------

+Azpi and Hoilett.

I think this wouldnt be bad at all...

So the emphasis of this thread was to be realistic? Either people are completely missing the point or they're bordering on delusion. I've seen Modric's name do the rounds so many times I'm starting to become a little dizzy. Come on... is this creative Croat really our main priority this transfer window? Put him to the back of your mind; put your lucrative, marquee signings aside and let's get real - I hate being the one to break it to you, but we don't need big name players to arrive in the summer for ridiculous sums. We need an emphasis on the team to return, that's what we need.

I hope Abramovich has finally opened his eyes to the problems facing and surrounding the football club during this torrid time - no more knee-jerk, impact-buys please! Sadly, I've got a feeling what might be Roman's though process during our current predicament: "We need a creative midfielder and a winger, let's go and spend fuck loads on Modric and another unnecessary target. Then we'll find a manager and hope he does well." Unfortunately, this won't produce any good. It may seem like a quick and easy option, yes, but far too often has he [Abramovich] gone for the wrong option, purely because it's simpler. We need to think more carefully about who we employ, and then we might not see the club having to pay out millions to managers in compensation for what, ultimately, wasn't their fault...

Get an experienced manager in who has a sense of direction: someone who looks for the future. Get him in before numerous names get thrown in to the hat and let him work his magic (I hope you appreciate the pun there!); allow him full control of the squad; let him decide who's to depart and who's to arrive. Let him choose his surrounding staff and recruit some good scouts for him to work alongside. With all these new rules being implemented, our scouting network really needs to start excelling. Rather than buy in talented prospects, we ought to be producing them, saving us money and also earning us some as we release the one's who aren't quite good enough to make the step up.

Enough of me ranting about the board and the way the club is run, anyway. Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully Roman will learn from his own and his colleagues'. Torres alone ought to provide a good enough example of why we needn't sign "proven" players are prepostorous prices. Focus on the future, target talent and we'll soon see Chelsea Football Club on the rise again. Throw out your Cavani's, Hamsik's and Modric's all day long for all I care, I know myself who the people being realistic are.

2 top players are nearly urgent. If we dont get them, 3/4 people here will complain how bad we play next season because there will be no top players to bring CFC back to top. It is all about getting right players, not just spending money. If we wouldnt need Hazard or Lavezzi, I wouldnt say we need him. If we wouldnt need Modric, I wouldnt say we need him. If you think we dont, you lie to yourself. Our current game is bad, just no creativity and no will. Getting average players wont change much.

I know Modric is expensive, but he is proven.

Why wouldnt we get him, but United can spend fortune on him?

They are already better than us currently. Now you suggest they buy Modric class of player and Gaitan and Hazard, while we will buy Cabaye and Hoilett and Moses?

Fuck no, United and City would beat us for next five years. If they can plan to buy high profile players, so should we. This isnt nonsense spending big money, but we desperately need few players. No one can blame us if we actualy pay 100mio for Hazard, Modric, Azpi, Hoilett and Lass. Buying cheaper players wont get us back to top guys, be realistic. And yes if Roman will offer Modric transfer, I will be very happy. Dont care if we play 45 mio, it is not my money and if the club will finish first next season, great. Getting half of squad of cheaper people would still cost us 70 mio and give us nothing.

This transfers are unrealistic now, but possible. You can bet Roman still wants Modric and if spurs will be willing to sell (to us or united), Roman will surely make improved offer.

I'd love to see our club get top through by buying talented players and putting them in our squad along our youth, but we are little too late. We should be doing that since 2009. Now, we have old squad and talents that havent play few games. Putting Piazon, josh and others in starting team will not upgrade our squad next season either. Put them on loan, or use them as subs. It is one thing if they would play along mata, modric and hazard, where there would be no pressure on the youngsters and their mistakes wouldnt cost anything, since players like mata, hazard and modric would play. but if youngsters would play with lampard and cheaper players, piazon and lukaku and others would be much more under pressure, because mistakes they would made, lampard couldnt repair.

I want to say that you just cant develop youth players if you dont have fixed first team. And we dont...

2 top players are nearly urgent. If we dont get them, 3/4 people here will complain how bad we play next season because there will be no top players to bring CFC back to top. It is all about getting right players, not just spending money. If we wouldnt need Hazard or Lavezzi, I wouldnt say we need him. If we wouldnt need Modric, I wouldnt say we need him. If you think we dont, you lie to yourself. Our current game is bad, just no creativity and no will. Getting average players wont change much.

I know Modric is expensive, but he is proven.

Why wouldnt we get him, but United can spend fortune on him?

They are already better than us currently. Now you suggest they buy Modric class of player and Gaitan and Hazard, while we will buy Cabaye and Hoilett and Moses?

Fuck no, United and City would beat us for next five years. If they can plan to buy high profile players, so should we. This isnt nonsense spending big money, but we desperately need few players. No one can blame us if we actualy pay 100mio for Hazard, Modric, Azpi, Hoilett and Lass. Buying cheaper players wont get us back to top guys, be realistic. And yes if Roman will offer Modric transfer, I will be very happy. Dont care if we play 45 mio, it is not my money and if the club will finish first next season, great. Getting half of squad of cheaper people would still cost us 70 mio and give us nothing.

This transfers are unrealistic now, but possible. You can bet Roman still wants Modric and if spurs will be willing to sell (to us or united), Roman will surely make improved offer.

I'd love to see our club get top through by buying talented players and putting them in our squad along our youth, but we are little too late. We should be doing that since 2009. Now, we have old squad and talents that havent play few games. Putting Piazon, josh and others in starting team will not upgrade our squad next season either. Put them on loan, or use them as subs. It is one thing if they would play along mata, modric and hazard, where there would be no pressure on the youngsters and their mistakes wouldnt cost anything, since players like mata, hazard and modric would play. but if youngsters would play with lampard and cheaper players, piazon and lukaku and others would be much more under pressure, because mistakes they would made, lampard couldnt repair.

I want to say that you just cant develop youth players if you dont have fixed first team. And we dont...

Amen, these people who are saying cheap signings will get us back to the top are delusional and they're suggestions laughable.

Amen, these people who are saying cheap signings will get us back to the top are delusional and they're suggestions laughable.

a player being cheap doesn't mean he's bad although i get your point that we should be chasing top players

but how many top players can we sign? not many and certainly not for all the positions needed - RB,CM,RW,LW,ST

That is the reason for the infatuation of cheap players on this forum. junior hoilett is ten times the player malouda is and he is as good a winger that we can get for 40 mil. He's settled in England(came through Blackburn academy) and is free. So adding Hoilett to the squad than spending 20 mil or sth on a winger makes more sense.

a player being cheap doesn't mean he's bad although i get your point that we should be chasing top players

but how many top players can we sign? not many and certainly not for all the positions needed - RB,CM,RW,LW,ST

That is the reason for the infatuation of cheap players on this forum. junior hoilett is ten times the player malouda is and he is as good a winger that we can get for 40 mil. He's settled in England(came through Blackburn academy) and is free. So adding Hoilett to the squad than spending 20 mil or sth on a winger makes more sense.

If he's free than you may as well buy him along with a world class winger.

Cabaye is the type of playmaker i mentioned, not world class, has a big work rate, vision and can pass the ball. Just to add to our midfield, i think the team has to build around Mata though, him playing on the wing is wasting wingers being there for me, when we could have him in midfield. We must build around him and appreciate we've got this man, because we can't spend big money.

Only thing about Cabaye what's missing is he wont be cheap, Newcastle will give him away for like 13 million or something i bet. So we should get someone cheaper, Bundesliga posses a lot of these players in the average team, players who can pass a ball and have there own talents. We need to look up these players and sign them for very cheap who have alot to offer.

I really like mata, he is probably our best player right now but I don't think I want him to be my best player, I want him to be our 3rd best player. (I think when we signed torres, He is supposed to be our no 1 or 2 but It does not look like it's going to happen). Imo we need two more key players in order for us to compete in UCL and PL next season.

I agree Cabaye will not come cheap and like I said I really like him, if we can get him , I'll be very happy but I don't think he should be our priority.

Than go for Modric. But fuck this spurs board for upping the price. Cesc cost 34 mio and is younger + better. Cant understand they turned down 40mio. And situation was same, Cesc want to go to barca, Modric to Chelsea.

I think we will go for 45mio this summer. Yup, he is great player, exactly what we need, passing, creative and can defend as well. + Lavezzi/Hazard, Azpi and Hoilett. I would be happy to get that.

-----------Cech---------

Brana-Terry-Luiz-Cole

----------Essien--------

------Mata-Modric-----

Danny-Torres-Hazard/Lavezzi

Azpi, Hoilett, Ramires, Lampard, Romeu, Lukaku, Kdb, Mikel, Meireles,

Reason i left essien is that we wont have money for mvila or tiote. cabaye is similar to modric, so no aswell. Belhanda could be good, but there is hoilett. would add stiker but this would mean another 35mio. kept meireles and maybe even drogba.

I really like modric, but he is really expensive, if we got him instead of meireles, I am sure that AVB will still have his job.

I heard MVla is really good mid with passing ability, but I have never watched him play.

Where's Sturridge? He's had a couple of bad games and he's no longer wanted all of a sudden?

Do you believe in god? Surely yes cause your really ignorant to think its been a couple of games. Hes a natural winger and on his day is good at best. I dont want someone good I want someone great who can take us the next level at a positon + the money hes gonna demand never Worth. He belongs in an everton type team.

Do you believe in god? Surely yes cause your really ignorant to think its been a couple of games. Hes a natural winger and on his day is good at best. I dont want someone good I want someone great who can take us the next level at a positon + the money hes gonna demand never Worth. He belongs in an everton type team.

To be fair, he'd be better at CF