New Season

Kojo

We need to scout the Bundesliga more, although it is very hard to lure the young German's away as most of them are pretty faithful.

A few player's i think would be good signings are:

Lewis Holtby, very similar to Gotze and a lot cheaper.

Lucas Barrios, he is a very effective striker and has lost his spot to Lewandowski, we scouted him at the end of last season.

Kagawa is the one we should be going after (after Gotze obviously). Kagawa looks like a really good player with Flair.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany is probably the world leader in youth production at the moment, although Belgium, Spain and Brazil aren't too far off. We can get Belgians and Brazilians and perhaps Spaniards, but Germans generally tend to prefer to stay in their own country- for them, no club is bigger than Dortmund or Bayern or whatever. And they're right, in a way. Many Bundesliga clubs can offer competitive wages vs. England and Spain, so there's no incentive at all for them to go overseas, is there?

Just a rumour I heard that Roman is preparing 247£ mio for transfers with four targets: 2 full backs, striker and creative midfielder. I hope its true, however we dont really need two fullbacks, but defensive midfielder and one rb. Still I doubt this is true, but who knows...

I hope Roman is ready to Spend BIG, 247 million is too much, IF Roman gave the new manager a Blank Cheque I reckon 160 million would turn our Squad into UCL winning Material

In: Hazard, Gotze, Modric or Lavezzi (depending on our needs), Cavani and Azpilicueta

--Mata/Hazard----Cavani-----Lavezzi/Strurridge

--------------------Mata/Gotze-----------------------

----Modric/Ramires-----------Romeu/Mikel-----

--Cole/Bert---JT/Bruma---Luiz/Cahill--Ivan/Az-

--------------------------Cech-------------------------

Sturridge cant leave, if he goes, we are doomed. I hope he extended contract, did he?

He is holding out for bigger Wages. That added with the fact that he is not playing in his Preferred Position and the crowd slowly turning on him points to a possible exit

That new list of Roman's targets is great, but Hazard, Gotze and other top profile players will want 100,000+ weekly wages. If we buy them, we will be in big minus...

Among Mata, all defenders, Ramires, Strurridge is one I'd certainly keept for next years. With many old or bad players leaving, we cant afford to lose this caliber players. But I'm sure he'll stay.

Danny is a player we need to keep , i would keep him over Torres if it came to it. But he is ambitious so he may leave for another club , its worrying that we could become a selling club in the summer.

That new list of Roman's targets is great, but Hazard, Gotze and other top profile players will want 100,000+ weekly wages. If we buy them, we will be in big minus...

Among Mata, all defenders, Ramires, Strurridge is one I'd certainly keept for next years. With many old or bad players leaving, we cant afford to lose this caliber players. But I'm sure he'll stay.

Well the likes of Drogba and the Old guard are on high wages, if we get rid of them than It's not too much of a problem.

Lets hope Roman means seriously this time. If he means, lot of players comming and lot of them goes. Boss, ferreira, essien/mikel, kalou, malouda, drogba, benayoun for sure. Think Lampard should stay for experience, while I still dont know about Meireles. If we get proper replacement fine, other way he can stay.

6-7 new players, Azpi, Mvila/Witsel/Tiote/Moutinho/Martinez/...,

2x Cabaye/Belhanda/Hamsik/Modric/..., Falcao/Cavani/Doumbia/..., 2x Hazard/Lavezzi/Hulk/Ayew/...

And add Hoilett for free

But there are always cheaper options like de Maros from Atletic, Marvin from Sochaux,...that could turn 10x better than Modric, but for much less money.

If we will be able to spend that much money, I hope our coach will spend it wisely. Not too much, not too less.

Throwing money at the problem will no longer suffice, times and circumstances are different from when Roman took over. We face much deeper rooted issues in terms of club policy, vision, non-playing personnel etc.

Continue with the fantasy £30m names though.

Danny is a player we need to keep , i would keep him over Torres if it came to it. But he is ambitious so he may leave for another club , its worrying that we could become a selling club in the summer.

I wouldnt worry that much cuz we know that roman loves to flex his financial muscles when push comes to shove, but what really e

I wouldnt worry that much cuz we know that roman loves to flex his financial muscles when push comes to shove, but what really really worries me is Danny. I say promise him some time as ST for when Torres needs rest or something, cuz Danny has to definitely stay.

Sorry for double.

Throwing money at the problem will no longer suffice, times and circumstances are different from when Roman took over. We face much deeper rooted issues in terms of club policy, vision, non-playing personnel etc.

You mean we are not humane any more, right?

It is true, just watch difference of this club now, compared to Chelsea who defeated barca 4:2.

There, we havent had superstars, just lampard, drogba and makelele ( not mentioning JT and JC, since the are our youth). And yet we beat barca. But that spirit and love, it has somehow changed since then. The feelings after napoli win were very true, but we have realy bad cluv board policy...Managers are coming and going, same with their assistants, scouts, youth coaches...Ray Wilkins and Mourinho should stay...Roman fucked it all with throwin out Mou, man who made modern Chelsea truly. He brought Didi and those legends, more important he made Lampard top midfielder in the world.

Now we face problems, we never had. I liked Chelsea because it had top players, but no buying superstars like ribery, rooney, ronaldo,...sheva and torres eventualy broke that rule to me...

In all, buying bunch of top players will make us city. We always got players that showed realy heart to play for us; essien, carvalho, ballack, didi, malouda, anelka,...you saw how they enjoy their part of being at chelsea. Soon we go after 5 high profile players for 30 mio, that day I guess our team will lose soul. Sorry to say that, but this things happen when you buy bunch of so called ''superstars''

azpi, cabaye/belhanda, mvila, hazard, hoilett and doumbia/cavani and use youth. Most I want actualy happen from transfers. We might not have strongest attack at moment, but hazard, mata, sturridge and new striker will evolve and in our club after two years, we might have strongest attack. Anelka was near best before he joined us, same malouda. in two years along didi, they paired dradly attack. Why buying hulk and modric and falcao then, if they will make our club soulless and plastic. money grabing? there will be no sympathisem, but just from new plastic fans who like those top players. same when ronaldo came to real. now you see how different has become. no respect to history actually.

Just want to see sympathic club with players that love to play for this club. At this part I am envyous to barca or dortmund who produce so many young players and they will play there even they might not have soo big wages...

I hope you're ready to eat your words IF we spend big on Top players

Well this thread when out of it's principle.

When the OP posted:

But wait, i don't want any of those stupid next season XI threads we've had lots of, because for me they're unrealistic. Reading most peoples line ups we are buying 3 world class players who are going to spend 30 million on each, that wont be possible for us. So to be more realistic i'm going to name realistic signings and how much we can probably get them for.

Talk about not reading what the OP's intention for the thread was about.... :wank2:

EXACTLY!, i want this thread to be realistic.

And sorry i'm back now guys, got kicked out of my house lol.

I hate to sound like a broken recordm but NONE of the Top Players will join us now. Forget Eden Hazard, forget Gotze, forget Modric, forget Eriksen

The only players who will join now are those that didn't qualify for CL or those who see the PL as a step up

We should rather look at quality clubs who failed to make CL like we didn't.

Newcastle United - Cabaye, Ba

Napoli - Cavani, Lavezzi,

Junior Hoilett - free and as for the CAM position - Lucas Moura, (Kevin de bruyne) Willian

Leavin aside all that, we must focus on getting the Manager in place BY the end of MAY! We simply can't lose out on any bargain signings before Euro 2012 just because we didn't hire a manager.

You can still get top players whilest not in Champions League, it's a matter of also spending cheap for great players.

If we can do this correctly, then we deserve to be back at the top again.