If Milan win on Tuesday, we really need to go for it...

And if they lose, I am happy taking the L against Benfica, in order to focus on the league.

I feel like our team is strong enough to beat the likes of Milan and Bayern, but have no chance against Barcelona who are on a different level.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not. We should try to go as far as we can go. Getting to the semis means additional revenue earned and no way should we give that up. And who the hell knows, we might get an Ovrebo-type incompetent referee who'll gift us silly penalties and we might just sneak into the final :D just kidding. As Steve said we are capable of beating them, with the right tactics, preparation, work ethic, and obviously a hell of a lot of luck.

Seems like complacency has already started creeping in .... Let's hold on to our horses and not think beyond the Benfica game, Important half of the battle is still left. Hope that we can carry the good form into the second leg as well.

I strongly believe Barca will be knocked out tomorrow.

Milan will end up getting a draw, maybe 1-1 or 2-2. That, plus progression for chelsea is almost certain. Not being overconfident here, but im not superstitious. I am quite confident we will go through at Stamford Bridge.

Tasty tie against Milan in the semis then....

Alot of you are crazy. Hoping and wanting to get Barca in the semi's is Ludacris, we'd get beaten very comfortably, I pray that Milan wins so we can have a real crack at reaching the final, We can beat Milan, if we play at out best, But we cant beat Barca over 2 legs...

A massive LOL at those who're hoping for a Milan win...do you really think Milan is going to roll over after they beat one of the greatest teams in the past few years? Face it, if you're hoping Milan can beat Barca, then you might as well hope that we can do it if we face them.

First things first though,we still have to clash with Benfica.

^ v hav one foot in the semis though

Virtually yes but in reality, the tie is still far from over. If we are leading 4-0, 5-0 from the 1st leg, then you can say that but with only 1 goal in it, anything can still happen.

Virtually yes but in reality, the tie is still far from over. If we are leading 4-0, 5-0 from the 1st leg, then you can say that but with only 1 goal in it, anything can still happen.

yeah. especially if benfica's highly regarded attack turns up