If Milan win on Tuesday, we really need to go for it...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much wrong with the OP's post imo, he's just saying if Barca win we should not even try to beat Benfica :lol:

But i do agree about not looking ahead and focusing on just benfica, let's hope the players aren't!

They were 3 -1 up going into the second leg only to get hammered

I don't believe we wanted to be hammered...chelsea just play better then us...it was not for the kind of game...I think it was an experience problem!

I don't believe we wanted to be hammered...chelsea just play better then us...it was not for the kind of game...I think it was an experience problem!

no , don't get me wrong I'm not saying yous WANTED to get beaten just that yous could have been forgiven for thinking that after the first leg that yous were all but through and that's not how it turned out. Same with folks on here talking about who we want next when we ain't even qualified for the semis yet.

no , don't get me wrong I'm not saying yous WANTED to get beaten just that yous could have been forgiven for thinking that after the first leg that yous were all but through and that's not how it turned out. Same with folks on here talking about who we want next when we ain't even qualified for the semis yet.

ok ok...I'm agree... :)

We should go for it. No matter who is in front of us. We shouldn´t buckle down before Barca nor Milan not anyone.

That doesn´t mean that we don´t have to be realistic about the teams we play. But we have made it this far and that just means we have the quality to go on.

BUT first of all, let´s make sure we get through and don´t let Benfica back into the game.

Attention shoul;d be on our game first, but i do agree that, we can beat anyone if the team is motivated and determined for the win. Maybe it sounds a little cliche to say, but hey-ho, there is a long way to go till May and there is still so much we can do this season. Fa Cup, Champions League and the fourth spot - just three targets.

The trick for Barca is in the home game at some point in the match they will be on the back foot. When they played Arsenal at The Emirates and Inter at the San Siro even us in 2009 are prime example's.

IF (and that is a big if by the way) we get past Benfica and get Barca there will be a stage in the match at Stamford Bridge where we have Barca by the balls, we will have to take full advantage of those minute's get the crowd roaring, get Barca rattled and get a couple of goals like Arsenal did or maybe 3 like Inter did.

first, we have to secure the semis by beating Benfica, and then we can talk about Milan/Barca.

I get where you're coming from, but the Barca-Milan match takes place 24 hours before our match with Benfica. Therefore it will be hard for many of us posters not to speculate on the winner that "would be" next, in that 24 hour period, before we play the Portuguese.

If we get Milan, we will still be underdogs but just not as much as if we played Barca. I would back our chances knocking Milan out but i wouldn't give us a prayer against Barcelona or Real Madrid if i'm honest. The reality is that we're not even in the Semi's yet and if we get there, we'll be the 4th favourites to win it and quite comfortably too. Maybe it suits us that way.

Madrid, Milan, Barca and Bayern are all better than us.

If we get Milan, we will still be underdogs but just not as much as if we played Barca. I would back our chances knocking Milan out but i wouldn't give us a prayer against Barcelona or Real Madrid if i'm honest. The reality is that we're not even in the Semi's yet and if we get there, we'll be the 4th favourites to win it and quite comfortably too. Maybe it suits us that way.

Madrid, Milan, Barca and Bayern are all better than us.

I agree but Milan are an old team (ok, so are we), riddled with injuries, and will likely have card issues in the semis to boot. As for the final, it is only a single match, a total crapshoot.