Chelsea vs Wigan

2 games in 3 days plus a midweek game against Benfica means that rotation is a must. Mata has to be rested for either/or Wigan and Fulham because he is getting progressively worse with each game due to lack of rest. I'd rest Cole against Fulham or Wigan too so that he is fresh for the Spurs game on Sunday.

Wigan

Cech

Ferreira Cahill Luiz Bertrand

Romeu Essien

Sturridge Meireles Malouda

Torres

Fulham

Cech

Ivanovic Terry Cahill Cole

Lampard Mikel Ramires

Malouda Sturridge

Drogba

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to play, great score many goals. Confidence is our best friend heading into barca game.

Dont care who plays maybe get romeu playin again, but just pick up 3 points. we have habit of tropping points when rivals are going to. (Arsenal vs mancity.)

please lets wrap this upguys!!

it seems we all agree on resting some of our key players. But I wouldn't take this game so easily, if Wigan is in relegation zone (too lazy to check), they'll fight for the 3 points.

Agreed , we can't afford to be complacent against lower teams. If we are serious about the a top 4 position we need our best players. Though i think Mata needs a rest...

No people are not suggesting resting some players because it's Wigan, it is because we have another game at Fulham 2 days later.

on the paper Fulham are more dangerous than Wigan, but this is not a reason to understimate them. we keep playing Mata every single game, the kid is burnt out.

on the paper Fulham are more dangerous than Wigan, but this is not a reason to understimate them. we keep playing Mata every single game, the kid is burnt out.

Not underestimating them, but a couple changes have to be made for this game, like Essien instead of Mikel, Drogba instead of Torres, and anyone instead of Mata.

We have to remember that teams like Benfica are better than Wigan, and just go out there and beat them. Points are still important, we might be out of top 4 contention, but we mayaswell fight with Newcastle and etc for 5th.

Cech

Ivanovic-Cahill-Luiz-Bertrand

Ramires-Essien

Sturridge-Meireles-Malouda

Drogba

Yes, yes i know Meireles in centre, but there's no one else we are out of options, and i think we need ramires more deeper. Meireles is terrible when it comes to direct play, he wont be able to pass the ball etc, where Ramires can take on players use his pace etc. Meireles can threaten if he's given the freedom, and he has a nice attack on him, may aswell play him there. Mata needs a rest, rest him for this one. Malouda will no doubt play shite but we have no one else, and i also want to rest Torres.

Time like this when Benayoun would of came in handy.

Play Drogs, play Malouda, play Meireles, play Cahill, play Sturridge, play Essien

Get the win somehow, go home, rest.

Another huge 3 points tho because Tottenham are away to Sunderland and Arsenal have City. We can close the gap to at least one of them. I think City will beat Arsenal.

i think sunderland will take something of spuds, and hope city beat arsenal, open 3rd and 4th right upif we win, i had a dream the other night, we finished 3rd and newcastle finished 4th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! up the chels come on boys 3 points ........... CAREFREE

Every game a cup final yada yada cant afford slip ups espically with Newcastle level with us.Hopfully they'll approch the game with the right attitude rather then the 'meh points in the bag' crap cause that didnt exactly work last time!They need the points so be really going for it and we need to do the same

4-2-3-1

Cech ; Bertrand, Cahill, Ivanovic, Ferreira ; Essien, Lampard ; Malouda, Meireles, Sturridge ; Drogba

Yes, I really said I want Malouda to start. Shocking. :fainthv9: