Chelsea vs Wigan

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an insult that Drogba is captain. Ivanovic deserve to be captain much more. Always gives a determined and grafted performance,

Why the fuss all of a sudden? All these decisions are made before the season starts.

Where the fuck is Lukaku?

If he cant make the bench for wigan, when we have a match two days later, then hes as good as done

We don't need any more strikers on the bench when we only play one anyway. Torres/Drogba are both better and can be rotated. Lukaku is only 18, it's not like his career is over. Yes, he should have gone on loan, but the problem was that he was not allowed to.

Its an insult that Drogba is captain. Ivanovic deserve to be captain much more. Always gives a determined and grafted performance,

Drogba is by far the most influential figure in the dressing room, so much so that he virtually managed the team at points last season- the armband around Terry's biceps are nothing more than a scrap of cloth. Didier is the real leader.

It's not always performance related, either. For years, Mark Viduka captained the Socceroos despite being poor for us for most of his international career. I imagine it must have been down to his influence over the squad, I doubt it was reputation based as by his Liverpool days Harry Kewell had become more famous.

Drogba is by far the most influential figure in the dressing room, so much so that he virtually managed the team at points last season- the armband around Terry's biceps are nothing more than a scrap of cloth. Didier is the real leader.

It's not always performance related, either. For years, Mark Viduka captained the Socceroos despite being poor for us for most of his international career. I imagine it must have been down to his influence over the squad, I doubt it was reputation based as by his Liverpool days Harry Kewell had become more famous.

Really?... Drogba is always someone who strikes me as egotistical, not what you want in a Captain, and is someone who puts himself before the team.

Face it, he was given the role as captain due to sentiment.

Really?... Drogba is always someone who strikes me as egotistical, not what you want in a Captain, and is someone who puts himself before the team.

Face it, he was given the role as captain due to sentiment.

I don't know what makes you feel that way, yes, there have been occasions where he puts personal glory ahead of the team but for the most part he is fairly committed to making Chelsea a better team. And sentiment has bugger all to do with it, he's got the job because he sacked Scolari basically by getting together with Ballack and Cech and going, "So this Scolari chap, do we let him off not playing me or wot?".

Now, if Paulo Ferreira gets made captain, then I can agree with you that its based on sentiment. But not Drogba, the guy is a natural leader.

Fulham AWAY, 2 days away... FFS. Mata can forget about a long career in the game, he will be done by 28, he's not a machine.

He's a pro athlete. He's been in top form for probably 7 years, a little game run is not going to ruin his career.

I don't know what makes you feel that way, yes, there have been occasions where he puts personal glory ahead of the team but for the most part he is fairly committed to making Chelsea a better team. And sentiment has bugger all to do with it, he's got the job because he sacked Scolari basically by getting together with Ballack and Cech and going, "So this Scolari chap, do we let him off not playing me or wot?".

Now, if Paulo Ferreira gets made captain, then I can agree with you that its based on sentiment. But not Drogba, the guy is a natural leader.

No. he just has a big personality and a big ego... Having a big character does not make you captain material. Ivanovic will always graft, give and is tactical... that is captain material. I would rather have that anyway then someone who can get a bit over bearing when things don't go his way.

nonsense mate. JT is the leader in EVERY aspect and Drogs knows that as well as the rest of the team