Chelsea vs Wigan

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drogba is by far the most influential figure in the dressing room, so much so that he virtually managed the team at points last season- the armband around Terry's biceps are nothing more than a scrap of cloth. Didier is the real leader.

I swear I've been watching another team these last 10 years.

I swear I've been watching another team these last 10 years.

Perhaps so. But just humour me. The way I see it, Terry only had the armband owing to being the best player at the club and the best leader when Mourinho first gave him the armband. There were no challengers to his role. Both of those factors have steadily declined up until the double winning season- where IMO he was neither and only kept the job by default. The same has happened to his deputy, Lampard; they had power over the dressing rooms owing to being the best players but have lost a bit of that progressively, season by season. If you want to continue humouring me, how's this for a conspiracy theory? Ray Wilkins was sacked as part of a secret coup to undermine Terry's and Lampard's power and promote the interests of their main rival- Drogba, who has slowly but surely built up his own power- this time, coming from both Roman himself and being the best player at the club. Terry and Lampard didn't always side with Roman, but I think with Drogba, he wasn't as vocal in discussing his decisions, behind closed doors I imagine he fawned over Roman.

Perhaps so. But just humour me. The way I see it, Terry only had the armband owing to being the best player at the club and the best leader when Mourinho first gave him the armband. There were no challengers to his role. Both of those factors have steadily declined up until the double winning season- where IMO he was neither and only kept the job by default. The same has happened to his deputy, Lampard; they had power over the dressing rooms owing to being the best players but have lost a bit of that progressively, season by season. If you want to continue humouring me, how's this for a conspiracy theory? Ray Wilkins was sacked as part of a secret coup to undermine Terry's and Lampard's power and promote the interests of their main rival- Drogba, who has slowly but surely built up his own power- this time, coming from both Roman himself and being the best player at the club. Terry and Lampard didn't always side with Roman, but I think with Drogba, he wasn't as vocal in discussing his decisions, behind closed doors I imagine he fawned over Roman.

Baffling post, absolutely baffling. The Wilkins part is just bizarre.

As far as leadership qualities are concerned the only footballer the club had who had been close to Terry was Ballack, and he's been long gone.

Not sure why you have such a hard time distinguishing between a big personality and a leader.

Baffling post, absolutely baffling. The Wilkins part is just bizarre.

As far as leadership qualities are concerned the only footballer the club had who had been close to Terry was Ballack, and he's been long gone.

Not sure why you have such a hard time distinguishing between a big personality and a leader.

Purely speculation on my part, which is why I asked you to humour me.